News 'Ultra Beast GX Premium Collections,' Pheromosa, Celesteela, Xurkitree-GX!

Celesteela GX is definitely colorless. Not only is it weak to electric, but the coloration of the card itself is white. There is, however, another reason. All of the ultra beasts are different energy types, so if Celesteela was truly steel type, it would provide an unfair synergy between Kartana and Celesteela, as they would be the only two ultra beasts that could be used together.

I thought so too, but it looks like Celesteela is weak to Lightning type. It may be an unconventional weakness like Ho-Oh GX, but I'm not sure.
TCPi has a history for making any flying type card they can weak to electric. All Talonflame cards are weak to electric because it is flying type. Same with colorless dragon types than remained colorless due to them being part flying (Colorless rayquaza EX from roaring skies/any noibat card.). This is why we need a flying type in the TCG I think, to give some fighting types a better chance at being viable, since a large amount of things are weak to psychic, even without that type.
Steel isn't weak to electric though...
Flying is weak to electric or lightning. Steel doesn't resist it.

Man, this better not be the only way to get these cards because that's disgusting to take out 4 GXs from the set and then separate 2 each into 40 dollar boxes.
I am sure we will get the Full Arts/Rainbow Rares in our February set, possibly also named Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

But we are seriously going to have 8 GX's in Crimson Invasion(not the japanese sets)? I really hope they add 4 more GXs(Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, and idk somethin like gengar or Crabominable) because jeez this set would be really short on Ultra Rares, I mean, so far this set isnt the most competitive, so it kinda needs some more good cards man.
It's because we're getting SM3+ as it's own subset in October, which has 4 GXs in it. They would normally be lumped into our November set, in this case Crimson Invasion, but since it's an expansion set for us, we get a smaller main set., On top of that, some of those cards are actually pretty decent when you think about it. Kartana lets you discard Special energy and just take a free prize once per game, Nihilego, if you can get it set up, ADDS 2 PRIZES TO YOUR OPPONENT'S TOTAL, and Alolan Golem GX can LITERALLY PREVENT YOUR OPPONENT FROM PLAYING MOST OF THE GAME FOR A TURN!!! I personally can't wait for this set to come out.

TCPi has a history for making any flying type card they can weak to electric. All Talonflame cards are weak to electric because it is flying type. Same with colorless dragon types than remained colorless due to them being part flying (Colorless rayquaza EX from roaring skies/any noibat card.). This is why we need a flying type in the TCG I think, to give some fighting types a better chance at being viable, since a large amount of things are weak to psychic, even without that type.

Flying is weak to electric or lightning. Steel doesn't resist it.

I know, I was commenting on the previous comment that claimed Celesteela is 4x weak to electric, which it isn't since electric just does neutral damage to steel. And I know they typically make flying types weak to electric regardless of what type they choose for the card, but there are exceptions, like Articuno for example.

Yeah I know that 3+ collides with 4, but now that it doesn't this time makes things a bit weird. Either we get 8 GX's in Crimson Invasion or TPCI reveals 4 brand new ones that could potentially be in SM 4+, but I really think this set is gonna have only 8 GX's, because since SM4+ is most likely gonna collide with SM5, where would the extra GX's from this set go?

Also I think Kartana and A. Golem are pretty sweet, but I have a bit different opinions with Nihilego though.
SM4+ will likely be part of SM4, which is why SHL is it's own subset cause SM4 being SM4S+SM4A+SM4+ makes more sense than SM4 being SM4S+SM4A+SM3+. These were probably just promos because SM4+ likely will not have any FAs

Also, Celesteela definitely is Colorless, zooming in on it makes it look like a white layout and the type symbol looks like Colorless, zoom in here:
Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 7.39.54 PM.png

Xurkitree definitely has an ability. Just saying, if it is a Ultra Beast reprint of Deoxys-EX, I called it a while ago, and I'm calling it again now. Of course, either way, it's likely to be something cliche, like Beast Boost.

Actually, SM4+ could be a part of SM4 because we heard that SM5 is gonna be HUGE, right? So, in theory, we should be getting a lot of GX's in each japanese box of SM5, and SM4+ could just have the japanese versions of the 4 leftover GX's(cuz 12 in each set).
GX battle boost will have all the alternate art GXs (Umbreon, Espeon, Solgaleo, Lunala, Koko, Marshadow, Ho-oh, Necrozma, Salazzle, Golisopod, and Buzzwole) in addition to some "New" GXs these being the new 3 and possibly 1 more like most other SM+ sets

We are only getting a few UBs in Crimson Invasion. This is looking more like a Bulu tin situation where we get the pokemon as a black star print first then get the card printed in the next set.

Yo that playmat hypes me up to get it by it realeses(really want and NEED playmat)

Do i see a Roaring Skies pack on the front behind Buzzwhole, Why would we get a pack with cards out of rotation?

These both look like pretty cool collection boxes! Out of the two I prefer the Pheromosa and Celesteela Box. I also can't wait until we get official English translations for all the Ultra Beasts.

Will Pheromosa GX, Celesteela GX, Xurkitree GX will be included in SM4? Or are they promo cards for collection purposes.

Steel isn't weak to electric though...
I thought so too, but it looks like Celesteela is weak to Lightning type. It may be an unconventional weakness like Ho-Oh GX, but I'm not sure.
In the TCG, a Pokémon with a Flying type (even if the card doesn't reflect that) usually is weak to Lightning and resistant to Fighting. (See: Yveltal-EX, Yanmega, Ho-Oh-GX, etc.)
Will Pheromosa GX, Celesteela GX, Xurkitree GX will be included in SM4? Or are they promo cards for collection purposes.
No. Crimson Invasion (SM4) will have Silvally-GX, Nihilego-GX, Buzzwole-GX, Kartana-GX, Guzzlord-GX, Gyarados-GX, Alolan Exeggutor-GX, and Alolan Golem-GX. In Japan, Pheromosa-GX, Celesteela-GX, and Xurkitree-GX will be included in SM4+, or GX Battle Boost. Pheromosa-GX, Celesteela-GX, and Xurkitree-GX will either be featured in the next set or be Black Star Promos.

Last edited:
In the TCG, a Pokémon with a Flying type (even if the card doesn't reflect that) usually is weak to Lightning and resistant to Fighting. (See: Yveltal-EX, Yanmega, Ho-Oh-GX, etc.)
No. Crimson Invasion (SM4) will have Silvally-GX, Nihilego-GX, Buzzwole-GX, Kartana-GX, Guzzlord-GX, Gyarados-EX, Alolan Exeggutor-EX, and Alolan Golem-GX. In Japan, Pheromosa-GX, Celesteela-GX, and Xurkitree-GX will be included in SM4+, or GX Battle Boost. Pheromosa-GX, Celesteela-GX, and Xurkitree-EX will either be featured in the next set or be Black Star Promos.
I didn’t know there would be a Xurkitree EX ;)

Back