News 'Ultra Beast GX Premium Collections,' Pheromosa, Celesteela, Xurkitree-GX!

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Obviously they are in a rush to move to the next project which is the so called ultra version of the games. After that a few more sets then around this time 2018 new generation.

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
In the TCG, a Pokémon with a Flying type (even if the card doesn't reflect that) usually is weak to Lightning and resistant to Fighting. (See: Yveltal-EX, Yanmega, Ho-Oh-GX, etc.)
No. Crimson Invasion (SM4) will have Silvally-GX, Nihilego-GX, Buzzwole-GX, Kartana-GX, Guzzlord-GX, Gyarados-GX, Alolan Exeggutor-GX, and Alolan Golem-GX. In Japan, Pheromosa-GX, Celesteela-GX, and Xurkitree-GX will be included in SM4+, or GX Battle Boost. Pheromosa-GX, Celesteela-GX, and Xurkitree-GX will either be featured in the next set or be Black Star Promos.

The first quote of mine, again, was in response to the person who claimed that Celesteela is 4x weak to Electric in the video game, which it isn't. The second quote, fair enough. However, I brought it up because that isn't always the case. I know even things like Dragonite EX are weak to electric (which bothers me), but again it's not always the case. Drifblim is usually weak to Dark, Fire type Talonflame is often weak to Water, Charizard is always weak to Water, Articuno is often weak to Metal. The reason I said Ho-Oh GX being weak to Electric is unconventional is because Ho-Oh is often weak to Water. Even the Normal Type Ho-Oh EX is weak to Water.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
I love Pheramosa, but at the same time I need to save money for if UB Assembly is in the December set...

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
Aw, seems like the playmats are just gonna feature some Ken Sugimori artwork. That's a shame, because I really wish this artwork was used for the playmats instead. I'd probably have to buy one of the collections if they used this art for the mats.
Ultra-Beasts.png

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
Uh, the Japanese set has Buzzwole in it, so are we losing Buzzwole I wonder? At least, the normal GX printing.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Xurkitree, Pheromosa, and Celesteela weren't announced for Crimson Invasion, right? So that means they'll be exclusive to these promos boxes?

Anyone know what they do? Cards are too blurry to read from these pics.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Xurkitree, Pheromosa, and Celesteela weren't announced for Crimson Invasion, right? So that means they'll be exclusive to these promos boxes?

The only thing I can make out of this is that their GX attacks are their codenames in the video games.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer

Yes and no. They're confirmed to be in the SM4+ mini-set in Japan, so they're either taking them out of there or they're alt arts with the actual arts coming out in SM5 for us. Either way, we're getting FAs and Rainbows in SM5.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Predictions:

Xurkitree-GX: Non-physical GX attacks have promising in the past and I just get the feeling that the ability will be insane. Very good and potentially meta-defining.

Celesteela-GX: High damage output but at the end of the day will be too expensive to use.

Pheromosa-GX: good, has low energy attacks, I have high hopes for that main attack.