Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Price range: $90
Want to buy: booster box
Options: Anything in the modified format

I'm leaning toward triumphant because of the primes, and I want to make a mewgar deck. If anyone has a suggestion on why to get a different set then please give a good reason because I cant decide.

Price Range: 80$
What you are thinking of buying: 8 Dragon Frontiers packs + 8 Unlimited Neo Revelation packs (80$) OR Power Keepers booster box (76$).

I'm a collector, and I don't really know what should I buy.

Price Range: $80
What am I thinking of buying: A booster box (has to be in English) or a lot of booster packs.
Options: I am making a Jumpluccino deck, so I'll need cards from the HGSS set or B/W.

I'm making a deck and trying to get the most bang for my buck(s).

Price Range: £75
What am I thinking of buying: A booster box prefferably from the uk as I don't wanna/cant afford to pay import tax etc. Mainly want cute cards, maybe som EX or primes. Also eeveelutions especially the newer ones are a big want
Options: I was thinking of either something from diamond and pearl, platinum or HG/SS

Price : 50$
What i might buy : Themed deck (fire) from black and white and a tin with Rekisham
Options : these are available where i live :)

Reshiram tin. Theme decks have little to no good cards.

This is just an overall note.
NEVER buy any cards at Toys R Us unless it's something that Wal-Mart, Target, or online stores don't have. TRU sells their cards at higher prices.
EX.
Boster packs:
-target= #3.99
-TRU= $4.99

Tins:
Wal-Mart= $14.99
TRU= $17.99 to $19.99

@Lost_Meemories
You should if you like reshiram. But buying the same tin? I'd buy Reshirams and one Zekrom so I'd have both tins from the set.
But hey if you like reshiram, buy all reshiram. Also buying these tins are cheaper than buying 4 packs of cards. If you were to buy 4 packs it'd be the same price, but you wouldn't get a cool tin.

Triumphant. If you can find them cheap buy multiple.

Should I buy 36 packs of Dragon Frontiers for 125$, or does it too expensive for that amount?

And another question: Should I buy 36 packs (not a booster box) of Ruby and Sapphire for 130$?
I know there aren't alot of RS packs being sold this days, and if they do, it's very expensive. So, should I?

Who's it from? A lot of people weigh the packs so they get all of the EXs, then they get other weighed packs and make it look like it's a box.

Mudkip said:
Who's it from? A lot of people weigh the packs so they get all of the EXs, then they get other weighed packs and make it look like it's a box.
It's from a familiar store, but I just can't remember... Maybe Troll and Toad or some other familiar site. But still, does it worth?

I have around 125 beta codes. When the full game goes live and the boosters reset, I plan to open 36 HGSS packs and 36 BW packs. What should I spend the rest of the codes on? I will not get any Triumphant packs because I am sick of bad pulls. I'd rather have PoP sets, Skyridge, and CoL over that "set".

I dont think the full game will release anything pre HGSS, but I would suggest some CL for some staple T/S/S and try your luck at TR once again, you might get something good

icyFREEZEdragon said:
I have around 125 beta codes. When the full game goes live and the boosters reset, I plan to open 36 HGSS packs and 36 BW packs. What should I spend the rest of the codes on? I will not get any Triumphant packs because I am sick of bad pulls. I'd rather have PoP sets, Skyridge, and CoL over that "set".

I would rather have skyridge over any set. Its amazing. I got a box at nationals. TM is the best set in the current format though.

^ I was wondering who was going to man up and buy that box for the whole tournament, I just didn't feel like spending 140 dollars.

Skyridge is awesome. Also what about UL? That is pretty good set you should try getting some of.

Vulpix Yolk said:
^ I was wondering who was going to man up and buy that box for the whole tournament, I just didn't feel like spending 140 dollars.

Skyridge is awesome. Also what about UL? That is pretty good set you should try getting some of.

It was $170 lol.. I pulled 5 crystals though, so It was all good. I don't really thing UL has anything good in it aside from shaymin and maybe manaphy

Back