Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Decmaster

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
Banner-What_Should_I_Buy_Thread.png

Welcome to the What Should I Buy Thread! Here you may ask for advice about which product/cards you should buy. When posting in this thread, list your price range and what product(s) you have your eye on, to give other members a better idea of what you're willing to purchase. Some examples of things members often ask about are "What product should I buy to get X card?" or "Which set should I get a booster box of?" or "Which metagame deck should I buy the cards for?".

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Just going to say that this is an excellent idea, I'm glad someone has finally made this. Anyways to make this post meaningful.
Price Range: Lets say around 90$.
What you're thinking of buying: A booster box with good staples to get Reverse Holo
Options: Mainly thinking Platinum, or HGSS, cause I want Donphans and Reverse PONTs. Platinum cause Reverse SP staples.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member

Finally someone made this. I was about to make it myself.

^I'd say HS, because Platinum could be rotated. You can get RH PONT, Collector, Communication, Jumpluff, Donphan Prime, etc.

Light Venusaur

Deidara~Senpai's student (in training)
Advanced Member

Price Range: AUD$20.00 (about USD$15.00)
What you are thinking of buying: MD (if I can find it)/Platnium
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): RR or Triumphant (for Eeveelutions/Lux G Lv.X)

Decmaster

Light Venusaur, the "what you are thinking of buying" is like Booster Boxes, packs, theme decks. I presume you mean packs?

Since I am guessing that the four packs you want to choose from are Majestic Dawn, Platinum, Rising Rivals, or Triumphant. If you really want Eeveelutions (and still need some from that set) I'd go with Majestic Dawn or Rising Rivals, because those have Eeveelutions; and between those two, I believe that Rising Rivals has good collector value (Because I think you are a collector), with reprint Pikachu's, Rotom's, and those good Lv.X's, along with the Eeveelutions (again, if that is your main priority, the Eeveelutions) If Eeveelutions are not your main want, I'd still go with Rising Rivals, because it has good collector value (as I mentioned above)

Wow, I wrote a lot!

Bawksie

(:

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Triumphant box? I was thinking of getting one maybe next pay check (if I have extra spending money), but seeing where it's cheapest. I found it for like, $80 on ebay.

Ninja Pikachu

Wurmple Bait

Price Range: Around 115$.
What you're thinking of buying: A booster box from the ex series.
Options: Thinking of delta species
*** Dragon Frontiers and power keepers are two sets i do not want***

Light Venusaur

Advanced Member

Decmaster: Thanx for understanding my jumble of words (aka: working out what I was trying to say). Makes a banner for you & this trade.
mr.619: I know that Idea808.com (Mods: I'm not advertising) might have boxes for around USD$80.00
Ninja Pikachu: For an Eeveelution Collector like me, I'd go for either Delta Species or PK. But you don't want DF or PK...so go for either Deoxys (LMK (Let me know) if you pull a Rayquaza *.

Edit: Here's a quick banner that I made for this thread.

Decmaster

Wow, thanks for the banner! *uses*

Ninja Pikachu, if you are a collector (which I presume you are since you are buying an ex series box) then go for one with lots of ex's, some *'s, and maybe even a secret rare or two. If that is the case, I'd agree with Light Venusaur and get Deoxys. It looks like a good box, with 9 ex's, 3 *'s, and a secret rare ex. (which I heard is the boxtopper?)

PokeFan1991

Collector

Price Range: $300 (not spending it all on cards though, so likely $100)
What you are thinking of buying: Tins, collection boxes, trio blisters
Any options to choose from and why (Optional): Shiny beast tins, Platinum Collection Box, HGSS Collection Box, Clash Of Legends boxes, Undaunted or Triumphant trio blisters because of the Platinum packs.

Light Venusaur

Advanced Member

^Well, if your allowed to use the internet to get cards, you can get the RSE (not the game) & Meganium/Typho/Gatr Prime tins from Idea808 for about that much (USD$100.00 (I got mine for AUD$120.00-but that included postage to Australia)).

Ninja Pikachu

Wurmple Bait

Ummm in troll and toad the box is too much for me can anyone link me (in a pm) to a store that sells em for my prefed price thanks.

crobia_3

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

price range:85
What you are thinking of buying:booster box
Any options to choose from and why (Optional):i either want rising rivals or something from HGSS

cataha

:-)

Price Range: $150
What you are thinking of buying: Booster box
Any options to choose from and why: One of the four Neo sets

crobia_3

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

forgot im want one for cards i can trade and RR for flygon line and luxray

Light Venusaur

Advanced Member

PokeFan1991: Ah, ok then. I know that I'd get the both versions of the Clash of the Legends boxes & then use the remainder of the USD$100.00 on boosters.
Ninja Pikachu: I'll send you a PM with Idea808's web address.
crobia_3: I'd get RR (just for Eeveelutions/Luxray G Lv.X/Flygon's).
PikachewTofu: I'd go foe either Neo 1 or Neo 2 (or maybe both).
corbia_3: For tradeing, please go to the TCG Trading Corner.

Edit: My friend called me (on my mobile/cell phone~then @ home (to save $$)) & told me that Idea808 doesn't do Pokémon anymore (only MTG & YGO), so-sorry about that Ninja Pikachu.

PokeFan1991

Collector

Thanks Light Venusaur. I figured Clash Of Legends was what to get as it is high on my wants, so I'll get that.

WhimsicalBox

Herp Derp

I have a question regarding what to buy, but I don't really have a price range, so i'll just list my two options.

What I am thinking of buying: Either HG&SS Collection series x2, or 3 fall 2010 tins.
What I'm looking for: Staple Trainers, Primes & LV.X's. I've had bad luck with tins so far, but 3 tins gets me 2 more packs than 2 of the collection series, advice would be nice.

PLance

Aspiring Trainer

Hey, I need a little help.

Price Range: Don't care.
What you are thinking of buying: EX Power Keepers booster box OR EX Delta Species booster box

I want to buy one of them, because I think those are great booster boxes, and I need some EXs, but I can buy only one of them.