The Smashers ~ Check Out Discussion Thread! - Lock please

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Smashers ~ Doubles Tournament Hath Started!

Bippa201 said:
8 minute time limit still decides a winner. That's fine.
But then that takes the whole purpose of only having one match, if it's the same length as a regular one. Why shouldn't we play best of three if the time is the same?

^I think it's worth considering. BUT I'd also consider re-dos if the match is too laggy.

Also, good news, I'll be able to brawl soon. Probably later this week.

HypnoticLuxray said:
But then that takes the whole purpose of only having one match, if it's the same length as a regular one. Why shouldn't we play best of three if the time is the same?

You lost me here...

Xdogking said:
Meta Knight is one of my favorite characters, I don't want him to be banned. My suggestion is he remains unbanned until January 9th and then we decide if he gets banned.
This is probably what I'll do. That is, if I can remember come January 9th.

Ok. if a doubles match is takes the same amount of time as a single match, then why is only one match, instead of three, required?

It's just a different tourney. Therefore it has different rules.
Bippa might have an actual reason, but I'm not sure.

Well, its because the lag in a four player battle can be unbearable. safari and I played SL and Vortex today, and the game came to a standstill a few times; I'm surprised we weren't disconnected sooner.

Safari and I won against SL and Vortex by the way. Crazy game.

Oh, and different tournaments are allowed different rules, as long as the basics (No Items, Stock battle) remain constant.

I can play on Thursday with any team that wants to play. Just let me know.

So, I'm taking that as a no on redos for lag?

I'm still a bit confused about the whole "no 2/3 it's only one match this time" idea. If the lag is so bad, whouldn't it be better to do 2/3?

Off Topic: I wanted to join but I was busy.

On Topic: Good luck to everyone playing!

New topic guys (aka bump)

What controller scheme do you use and why?

I use the Gamecube controller because its what I'm the most familiar with. I played a LOT of Melee, and it made adapting to Brawl much easier.

Gamecube.

-I grew up with it.
-It's the most comfortable.
-It's universal. Everyone can pick it up and play.
-It allows some button combos that are not available with other controllers.
-I'm a c-stick lover.
-It looks cool.

Gamecube. Easy to control and I'm a C-Stick Abuser. It's also easier to abuse Fox's and Falco's Lazer.

I use the Gamecube controller. I agree with the other reasons, but the other huge reason is it doesn't need batteries. So there's no such thing as getting a loss for running out of batteries. Also, it can rumble, and that's REALLY useful for me because being able to 'feel' the brawl actually helps. I have poor vision, so it ensures that I have a grab, or tells that I was grabbed, or that I got hit and need to recover right away, etc.

I use the Wii-mote because I'm poor.
I should probably get a GameCube controller.

So wait..... are we given opponents, or do we just get our matches done whenever?

GCN Controller, cuz I'm so mlg pro yeah. I also have R mapped to attack because I never use it for shield anyway. I also have x mapped to grab or special, can't remember which. It's a bit of a peculiar set-up I'll admit. Oh and no tap jump because tap jump is screwy.

I've also experimented with c-tilt configurations but ehhh I prefer using c for a quick smash.

Lol how do you shield then? That's pretty important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back