The Smashers ~ Check Out Discussion Thread! - Lock please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
smashers.gif

Banners by safariblade, [member]Chillarmy[/member] & [member]6-Dimension[/member]

Link to Tournament Bracket

Introduction
Welcome to the Smashers! We are a Super Smash Bros. group that focuses on Brawl. With that mentioned, it’s highly recommended you have Wi-Fi connection so you can Brawl with fellow Smashers, get tutoring, and compete in tournaments. If you’re into the original Super Smash Bros. and Melee, we don’t have much for you, but we discuss topics on them every once in a while. If you became a Smasher and wanted to ask a question or start a topic on the original Smash Bros. or Melee, we would always welcome it.

Group Rules
  • [*] Follow all Pokebeach rules.
    [*] Follow all Pokebeach Group rules.
    [*] I (Bippa201) will decide the topics. However, I do love group input. If you have an idea for a topic, PM me.
    [*] Don’t ask for matches in this thread. I will keep a list of friend codes. PM a person that has posted theirs.
    [*] Any member that is inactive will be removed.
    [*] If you break two rules, you will be banned from this group.
    [*] You may have a Rank Up Battle once a month. PM [member]Bippa201[/member] or one of the Co Leaders for your Rank up Battle.

Application
Name: This is what you want me to call you
Installments you own: Which Smash Bros games do you have?
Your main character: What character do you like using?
Competitive or Casual: State which side of this spectrum you fall on
Friend Code, and Online name: What’s your friend code, and what’s your name online.
Why I should allow you back in: Only for members who I have removed from the list. Don’t fill out in your first application.

Member Rankings
Your rank is determined on your performance in Brawl, and your posts on this thread. You will also receive a user bar based on what rank you are.

userbarleader.png

Bippa201

userbarcoleadertking.png

Tyraniking

userbarcoleadersb.png

safariblade

userbarcoleaderelite.png

palkia dialga clash
EspeonROX

userbarcoleaderdedicate.png

xdogking
HypnoticLuxray
Rock Wrecker
SuperPokemon67
Chillarmy
dragonexpert
Afro-G

userbarcoleaderjourneym.png

slickmario
Dark Sonic J
Yoshidude10
P0KEVORTEX

userbarcoleaderrecruit.png

userbarcoleadernowifi.png

Snivylover555

Members that need a Rank
Dark Void
ShadowLugia
PMJ
Flygon Jedi Master
The Fallen One

Leader Board

This is still in the beta stage. We want comments on this system.

Points for winning are equal to your opponent's rating divided by 10 plus your rank.
Points for losing are equal to your double your opponents rank, and the negative is taken.
Points for a bye is equal to 20.
If a match isn't played
  • The person who is awarded the win gets +15 points.
  • Those who get the loss are given -30 points.
The Win-Loss record doesn't really matter; its more for your own records and such. What does matter is the rating.
RankMemberWinsLosesRating
1[member]superpokemon67[/member]811089
2safariblade421085
4palkia dialga clash401042
5[member]Xdogking[/member]421041
6[member]Bippa201[/member]521039
7[member]Dark Sonic J[/member]421036
8[member]Chillarmy[/member]021019
9[member]Dark Void[/member]331013
10[member]Rock Wrecker[/member]121011
11[member]Yoshidude10[/member]221000
12[member]HypnoticLuxray[/member]02992
13dragonexpert01996
13[member]P0KEVORTEX[/member]01996
13[member]ShadowLugia[/member]01996
N/AAfro-G00N/A
N/AEspeonROX00N/A
N/A[member]Flygon Jedi Master[/member]0oN/A
N/APMJ00N/A
N/A[member]slickmario[/member]00N/A
N/A[member]Snivylover555[/member]00N/A
N/A[member]The Fallen One[/member]00N/A

[td]3[/td][td][member]Tyraniking[/member][/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]1042[/td][/tr]
[tr]

Tournament Rules
Lives - 3
Time Limit - 8 minutes
Items - Off and None
Stages - Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Smashville, Castle Seige, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Halberd, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2, Onett, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Norfair, Port Town Aero Dive, Pirate Ship, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Luigi's Mansion and Distant Planet
Character Changes - Allowed

Tutoring
PM Bippa201 for info on tutoring, and they will train you to become a better Brawler! Skype, or another way of instant messaging is recommended. If you think you have the credentials to be a tutor, please PM Bippa201.

Group Tier List
This Tier List was centered around the skills of our group. Yes, we know that the Ice Climbers can infinite kill anyone with their grabbing abilities. But is anyone in the group capable of doing that skill? This is why, when compared to the offical tier list, there will be huge differences.
tierlist.jpg

Tournament History
Tournament 1 - 18 Participants - Double Elimination Round 1, Single Elimination the Remaining Rounds
Winner(s): [member]safariblade[/member] and [member]SuperPokemon67[/member]

Friend Code Bank
Check Here to find members' Wi-Fi Friend Codes.
Bippa: 2408-6659-0158 (TWP)
dragonexpert: 0001 9917 5675 (Dragon)
Chillarmy: 4727-9540-0814 (SLIDE)
xdogking: 4726-2122-6877 (XDK)
Tyraniking: 1462-3181-1360 (T)
Dark Sonic J: 4899-4891-4872 (DSJ)
Hypnotic Luxray: 4512-3113-5361 (Hypno)
PDC: 4598 - 0195 - 2051 (Alex)
Yoshidude10: 2879-7396-6810
safariblade: 2492 6671 6140 (SB)
Rock Wrecker: 0217-1477-5005
PMJ: 4596 9284 2804 (Matt)
Superpokemon67: 2019-9372-9228
Dark Void: 4469-0752-2516 (DVOID)
Snivylover555: No Wifi
slickmario: TBA
ShadowLugia: 4382-7899-1453 (Daft)
Flygon Jedi Master: 2664-2202-9560
P0KEVORTEX: TBA
The Fallen One: TBA
Afro-G: 1976-9880-4177 (Kule)

Thank you for visiting. If you are interested in playing competitive Brawl, or just want to play with Pokebeach members, the Smashers are for you!

RE: The Smashers ~ Pokebeach's Super Smash Bros Clan!

*Approved* Please PM all applications to this group's leader. (Bippa201)

Thanks Juliacoolo.

For our first topic, we'll be deciding our tournament rules. What stages do you think we should play on in our tournaments? How many lives should we have? What time limit?

This topic will last 2 weeks maximum.

I generally prefer 5 lives because it doesn't take too long, but it isn't over as fast as 3. An accidental self destruct isn't as fatal either if you hit the wrong button, which I've done. I generally prefer Final destination for tournaments because there is no hiding spots really. It should be a contest of who can strike the other player first, not hide and seek. Normally I don't put a time limit to stock matches. The only time I do is if I only can be on until a certain time.

What stages do you think we should play on in our tournaments? Pretty much any small stage with not much to hide behind or room to run. I'm slightly against final destination because my computer sucks and i lags alot.
How many lives should we have? I usually go with 5.
What time limit? You can time limit stock battles?

You don't need to pick just one stage. Feel free to list several stages that you think are balanced. I'd prefer 15 stages, max.

and SirCubith, yes. Once you unlock "More Rules", you can set a time limit for stock matches.

Stages I think we should play on: Battlefield, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, and Pokemon Stadium (Melee). That's 10 stages.

I find that 5 lives takes too long, and I stick with 3 or 4. Why do you prefer 5 lives?

First post :D

What about Shadow Moses? I like it a lot better than Frigate. You can just slip up too easily.

Also, I use 2 lives. I like it the best. 3 lives gets long.

I dislike Shadow Moses Island because of its walls. While that may be a crazy reason to dislike stages, walls let crazy things happen, like in this video (pardon the bad quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjUB_P7UrT4

While walls look very harmless, they are in fact one of the most unfair aspects of Smash Bros (right up there with Meta Knight walk off edges (which let infinites, like the one shown above to happen again) and Smash Balls.

Yeah, I've seen those kind of infinites before, and they're not pretty. I'm agreeing with Bippa for this one. Bippa wynaut include Pokemon Stadium two?

hipoke said:
Yeah, I've seen those kind of infinites before, and they're not pretty. I'm agreeing with Bippa for this one. Bippa wynaut include Pokemon Stadium two?

Some of Stadum two's changes are really unfair (the conveyor belts and the gravity), I think that's why. What about Luigi's Mansion?

hipoke: This is a group discussion. We can definitely include Pokemon Stadium 2 in our list. I wanted everyones inputs. However, xdogking does have a point.

xdogking: Luigi's Mansion also lets infinites happen, as shown in This Video. While the infinite itself isn't shown, it is very possible.

Once this discussion is done, which I think will be in a few days, we'll move onto the creation of a tier list, done the same way the competitive Smash players make their's. For a higher quality list, we'll need more members (The more the merrier). If you know anyone that plays Smash Bros, tell them to join. After the tier list discussion, we'll move on to discussing parts of the non-Brawl games.

Speaking of activity, if you don't post for two weeks, I'm removing you from the member list. I want active members!

Bippa201 said:
I dislike Shadow Moses Island because of its walls. While that may be a crazy reason to dislike stages, walls let crazy things happen, like in this video (pardon the bad quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjUB_P7UrT4

While walls look very harmless, they are in fact one of the most unfair aspects of Smash Bros (right up there with Meta Knight walk off edges (which let infinites, like the one shown above to happen again) and Smash Balls.

True. I never saw that before. But they can break. I suppose you're right still. It's just that Frigate can just be unfair as well. If the stage tips over at the wrong time and wrong place, you're a goner.

Bippa201 said:
hipoke: This is a group discussion. We can definitely include Pokemon Stadium 2 in our list. I wanted everyones inputs. However, xdogking does have a point.

xdogking: Luigi's Mansion also lets infinites happen, as shown in This Video. While the infinite itself isn't shown, it is very possible.

Once this discussion is done, which I think will be in a few days, we'll move onto the creation of a tier list, done the same way the competitive Smash players make their's. For a higher quality list, we'll need more members (The more the merrier). If you know anyone that plays Smash Bros, tell them to join. After the tier list discussion, we'll move on to discussing parts of the non-Brawl games.

Speaking of activity, if you don't post for two weeks, I'm removing you from the member list. I want active members!

Although those are definitely a problem they can be dealed with, and they aren't abused nearly as much as walls, which makes Pokemon Stadium 2 worth it. Basically I mean, that although it's stupid sometimes, it's stupid for both opponents at least most of the time.

Tyraniking: You get the warning sirens, so its easy to know when the stage is flipping. Nothing bad happens if your in the air either.

hipoke: I do agree. The funny thing is, those top competitive players that make money off of this game don't know what to do with Pokemon Stadium 2; its legality has kept tournament organizers from being united.

Ruleset discussion will be finished on Saturday. Do as much discussing as you can by then, including things like stock amount. Using everyones input, I'll put the decisions into the first post.

But if you're jumping off to the side to avoid an attack or something? You would probably die. It's happened to me plenty. And just the slightest knock off, and then the stage flips?

Five lives doesn't take that long really. It takes maybe 10 minutes depending on the stage. Alos, what's everyone's take on items in tournament matches? I'd rather have it be no items, but I want to know what everyone else thinks. Items make the game more reliant on luck. It should be about skill.

Yes, I agree with Dragonexpert about items. It takes the game away from being based on skill, and whoever gets to the item first gets an advantage, possibly a massive one.

I say final destination is a given. I also think frigiate orphan is good for a little challenge. Pokemon stadium 2 is okay I guess. For lives I say 5. I actually like items. It's kinda like the random factor to change things up a bit or make things interesting. These are just my opinions.

I think Final Destination should be the stage that we use for tournaments. No one can hide and its a very simple stage. Games with 4-6 lives are pretty fast and give the players a chance to recover rather than put them on the edge if they die. I kinda want items, but I know that it will make the game unfair for people who get Items and for people who don't.

We don't need just one stage. Feel free to list any you think are balanced enough, or rely on mostly skill to win (ie, no random effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back