The Smashers ~ Check Out Discussion Thread! - Lock please

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Smashers ~ Pokebeach's Super Smash Bros Clan!

I'd go at max 3. I like quick games. Also, what about Sky World? It's a pretty plain stage.

Omg I hate sky world. I hate how sometimes it has a platform and sometimes it is just a cloud. Yeah I know you can see what it is but, I think it's too much of a random effect.

I hate sky world, you have no idea how many times I've died because the stupid cloud decided to turn back into a platform right above me.

Has anyone said anything about corneria?

I think it's possible to do an infinite throw on the lower part of the level if I'm not mistaken, not that I've done it myself. Otherwise I have no objections to the stage.

Guilty spark said:
Corneria is starfox's ship right?
Yes. Its the Melee stage.

No one has said anything about Corneria. But between the walls, and the hazards, I'd say its a rather unfair stage. Its also rather small.

One more day everyone. Also, Tyraniking is our first co-leader.

Yes it is. Venom is the one ship that is a lot smaller. I think the ships that shoot at you aren't that bad on Cornia.

I think that wall and the bottom gun makes this level unfair. How about the bridge of eldin. It's just a straight bridge with minor hazards.

Thing is with Bridge of Eldin is that those Walk off Ledges allow for infinites to happen, just like with walls. And they're just as easy to pull off as well.

And its big, so its very easy to camp on.

In brawl camping is easily bypassed as far as my experiences. Maybe those people weren't good campers. :p
I see what you mean though. How about norfair?

Well.... we could make a no infinite throw rule. As far as matches go, I like 5 stock no time limit. For items, I usually play with only Smash balls, as those require some skill to use, and aren't a completely unfair advantage. For good stages... I'd say Final Destination, Battlefield, Green Hill Zone, Pirate Ship, Halberd, and Lylat Cruise. I think all these stages are fairly cheat/spam free.

Smash Balls are very unfair. I swear Link's gets you from a long ways out even when you think you are out of range. Some of them are instant OHKO's regardless of the damage on the player. One such example is Marth's Critical Hit.

Final Smashes are also really unbalanced. We got really good ones like Marth, Sonic and Link's, and really bad ones like Meta Knight, Peach and Mario's.

I think the best thing to do would just be to not have items on.

As for Norfair, there's really no problems with it, other than the lava.

Smash balls usually(not always) balance a character in my opinion. Also the smash has some disadvantages sometimes like how hard to control sonics and Pikachus is, also how hard it is to hit with Ikes, links, toon links, and captain falcons are. In my opinion they are fairly balanced. Also for lives I would say five doesn't take long and an accident won't mean the end.

I have a couple questions, what are infinites? And ive never had trouble with ppl abusing walls, what makes stages with wall unfair?

Guilty spark said:
Smash balls usually(not always) balance a character in my opinion. Also the smash has some disadvantages sometimes like how hard to control sonics and Pikachus is, also how hard it is to hit with Ikes, links, toon links, and captain falcons are. In my opinion they are fairly balanced. Also for lives I would say five doesn't take long and an accident won't mean the end.
I'm very good at controlling Pikachu's. It is easy to hit the opponent 2-3 times or more causing them to become a star. Hard to hit with Link's? Please tell me you're joking. Link and Toon Link have a very easy one to hit with.
SirCubith said:
I have a couple questions, what are infinites? And ive never had trouble with ppl abusing walls, what makes stages with wall unfair?
Infinites, if I understand them correctly, are situations where you can deal an unlimited amount of damage without the opponent being able to do anything. Walls are generally required for this.

Well for some people links is hard to hit with but recently I almost never miss. Also people who abuse side stepping, rolling, and air dodging make it hard to hit with more.

Using dodges are skill. Using Final Smashes to get KOs isn't really a skill.

Chillarmy said:
Well.... we could make a no infinite throw rule. As far as matches go, I like 5 stock no time limit. For items, I usually play with only Smash balls, as those require some skill to use, and aren't a completely unfair advantage. For good stages... I'd say Final Destination, Battlefield, Green Hill Zone, Pirate Ship, Halberd, and Lylat Cruise. I think all these stages are fairly cheat/spam free.

Green Hill is pretty unfair. Sometimes you'll be grabbing or something and the ground will just collapse. And the Checkpoints are pretty much shields. Pirate Ship is really unfair. The cannonballs? Enough said.

Today I made a stage where you can pretty much spam chain grabs. It's like the bathtub sample stage, but harder to get out. And at the top, there's a spike pit, and two areas where some can spam chain throws.

I'm pretty good with Marth. I think I just found my main :p For some reason his combo slash ends short, where as before I could easily perform it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back