The Smashers ~ Check Out Discussion Thread! - Lock please

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Smashers ~ Doubles Tournament Soon!

Yeah, I have no idea what's up with your Wii Mark. :[ I'll look in the morning and see if I can find something.

Oh and Jake, its never too early. In fact, you were almost late. :D

Anyways, the moment you have ALL been waiting for (unless you aren't cool and don't want to take part -_-)

The Smashers Second Tournament - Round Robin Doubles

Welcome to the second tournament participants. Thanks again for signing up so quickly.

In this tournament, you and your partner will be playing against all six opposing teams. Simple stuff.

I'd like to try to get one match done every two weeks, as getting schedules that match for four people can be tedious. But if you can play more than one match, feel free. Heck, I'm encouraging it.

As for how this affects the leaderboard, I'm going to make it simple. Each time it talks about your rank, it now means the combined total between both players ranks. Both players receive the same points for wins and losses. If it sounds confusing, don't let it bother you. Just watch as I work my magic. :D

Whichever team gets has the highest win-loss record wins the tournament. Fun!

Teamvs Bippa201 and Safaribladevs superpokemon67 and Yoshidude10vs Tyraniking and dragonexpertvs Chillarmy and xdogkingvs HypnoticLuxray and Dark Voidvs slickmario and palkia dialga clashvs ShadowLugia and P0KEVORTEXRecord
Bippa201 and safariblade
superpokemon67 and Yoshidude10
Tyraniking and dragonexpert
Chillarmy and xdogking
HypnoticLuxray and Dark Void
slickmario and palkia dialga clash
ShadowLugia and P0KEVORTEX
[td]X[/td][td]0[/td][td]Win[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/td][td]Win[/td][td]2-0 [/td] [td]0[/td][td]X[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0-0 [/td] [td]Loss[/td][td]0[/td][td]X[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0-1 [/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]X[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0-0 [/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]X[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0-0 [/td] [td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]X[/td][td]0[/td][td]0-0 [/td] [td]Loss[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]X[/td][td]0-0 [/td]
[tr]

Round 1 Pairings
[member]Bippa201[/member] and [member]safariblade[/member] vs [member]ShadowLugia[/member] and [member]P0KEVORTEX[/member]
[member]superpokemon67[/member] and [member]Yoshidude10[/member] vs [member]slickmario[/member] and [member]palkia dialga clash[/member]
[member]Tyraniking[/member] and [member]dragonexpert[/member] vs [member]HypnoticLuxray[/member] and [member]Dark Void [/member]
[member]Chillarmy[/member] and [member]xdogking[/member] don't have any assigned matches.

Deadline: October 22nd

(Look at all the pretty colors :p)

RE: The Smashers ~ Doubles Tournament Hath Started!

Oh. This will be fun.
I think it'll be a great tournament, but I just hope lag doesn't ruin it. Good luck everyone! (lord knows Vex and I will need it)

Ok. Now we just need to go by regular tourney rules, correct?

Oh, and one more question : Will Friendly Fire be on or off?

Yeah, normal tournament rules. Because the games will be longer though, you only play one game.

Bippa201 said:
Yeah, normal tournament rules. Because the games will be longer though, you only play one game.

... But if the games are longer than they'll break the 8-minute time limit....

Which makes playing only one game will be the same as one game was with the single tourney....

So yeah..

Yoshidude10 said:
I'm guessing off, but still.
Well, as far as I know, doubles can't be played online. This tournament is more like a 4 player free for all, but the winner's team wins, not just the winner. So yeah, friendly fire is off.

HypnoticLuxray said:
... But if the games are longer than they'll break the 8-minute time limit....

Which makes playing only one game will be the same as one game was with the single tourney....

So yeah..
8 minute time limit still decides a winner. That's fine.

I thought you could play doubles online. I'll have to look in to that. Also, this seems really hard. I'm not used to team play, so we'll see how this goes.

Wish I could talk part in a tournament, but my dad doesn't allow it. >.<
Oh well, good luck to the people playing! Have fun! ^_^

superpokemon67 said:
I thought you could play doubles online. I'll have to look in to that. Also, this seems really hard. I'm not used to team play, so we'll see how this goes.
It'll be a challenge, but it should be enjoyable. That's the goal. I'm not awarding any prizes.

Snivylover555 said:
Wish I could talk part in a tournament, but my dad doesn't allow it. >.<
Oh well, good luck to the people playing! Have fun! ^_^
Yeah, those over-protective parents can be annoying. Hopefully you'll be able to play soon. :D

Oh and for all the players, I don't need your character results for this tournament.

Bippa201 said:
Yeah, those over-protective parents can be annoying. Hopefully you'll be able to play soon. :D
Yeah, hopefully soon!

Question. Now that Meta Knight has been banned from competitive smash, will we also ban him for in-clan tournaments?

On a side note I haven't played Brawl in...months. I lent my friend the disc a couple months back but I'll try to get it back lol.

That sounds like when I loan my friends my things, and I don't see them for what seems like forever. Haha

As for Meta Knight, I don't know what to do. He's getting the official ban on January 9th, which is still quite a while away. However, Meta Knight hasn't taken our group my storm, and he's not ever centralizing in this clan (Unless I missed an application, only two members [out of 21] play Meta Knight). I'm not too sure what's the best course of action at this time.

I say just ban Meta so we can be done with it. Not like I care either way :p. I didn't fight a single Meta Knight in the tourney.

When I play with my bro I never use Meta Knight, so honestly he should really be banned. 'Cause when my dad uses him he always wins. >.<

Nobody here (except for me, apparently) plays Meta Knight, so I really don't think he deserves a ban. It would be fun to play him every once and a while anyways. It's all up to Bippa, of course.

Currently it's an optional ban, so I was mildly curious. It is up to Bippa but I'd like to have one less negative matchup to deal with... :3

Kidding of course. I don't want to exclude anyone from their main.

It's fine Ganon, I main Wolf anyways. I just think Meta is fun to use, although it came as a shock to me a while ago when I discovered that he was to be banned. I didn't know he was that good.

Meta Knight is one of my favorite characters, I don't want him to be banned. My suggestion is he remains unbanned until January 9th and then we decide if he gets banned.

He's just a little too hard to use for me. But for the people who use him, for their sake, we shiuldn't ban him until January ninth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back