The Night Sky Clan! Is now dead :(

Possible Mascot Change? (Voting ends on the 31st)

• Keep Darkrai as the Mascot of the clan.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Change the clan Mascot to Zoroark.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Night Sky Clan! *Always Recruiting*

HMs will stay because you need them to get through the ingame obstacles.

Leaving and going back to Team D guys, was a blast being here, but it's starting to be a little too inactive for me. ~Thanks

Leaving the clan same reason as T-Tar stated above been fun with you guys.

Well see you guys and have fun. Oh and take this as a little something to remeber me by.

I Summon Obelisk the Tormentor (weird isn't it?)
ObelisktheTormentorJMP-EN-ScR-LE.png

batui4 said:
The power of three I have eq for rock types

For anybody else planning on using Slaking, I disagree with this. [and if batui reads this.] EQ is good for rocks, but using this for type coverage while sacrificing a STAB attack is just bad.

Hatman, what is the TM's Stay rule?

Basicly Black and White's TM's don't dissaper unlike the previous games.

^Aww man. All of my emerald TM Duplicating is now useless! >:[

I suppose it's a good thing for stuff that I can't duplicate, like Stealth Rock and Rock Polish. It will be nice to have more availability for these.

Hi, I'm new to this clan. Hatman just hasn't added me to the member list yet.

I don't think Infinite TMs will affect competitive battling much, if not at all. For Shoddy players, it simply just passes them by. For Wi-Fi players, it just ends up saving time from having to restart over and over to get key TMs. If anything, its just a simple convenience.

And on the Slaking moveset, Return is desperately needed for STAB. 102 base attack + STAB absolutely rips holes in the opposition. I would do Return, Earthquake, Crunch and Fire Punch to hit every Pokemon for at least neutral damage. I'd prefer a Muscle Band to bluff a Choice Band.

*adds Bippa to front page*

That set seems to be good. Great first impression :D

I haven't been on shoddy in a while because of previous engagements with my N64 but I'm back now(For the most part).
Welcome to the clan, Bippa and I'm gonna miss those who left

As for the TMs I think it will affect things until codes come out but people will always be cheating for TMs and BW will be no exception.

And finally, what do you guys think of the Dream Pokemon with alternate abilities? I personally am looking forward to seeing what the Squirtle has. I'm hoping for something that can bump Blastoise up to OU so I can have more oportunity to use it.

If Squirtle gets Water Absorb, I could see it possibly rising into BL, maybe higher. The immunity makes it much easier for it to preform its job of Spinning away hazards, its reasonably bulky on both sides, fits the bulky water bill (somewhat), and lacks a 4x weakness. Of course, I could see Blastoise easily getting Shell Armor... :(

I'm liking Ice Body Glaceon on Hail teams. As if Stallrein's 32 turns of stall was bad enough, Glaceon can put up to 32 more in. Hail is going to be more annoying then ever.

Bippa201 said:
If Squirtle gets Water Absorb, I could see it possibly rising into BL, maybe higher. The immunity makes it much easier for it to preform its job of Spinning away hazards, its reasonably bulky on both sides, fits the bulky water bill (somewhat), and lacks a 4x weakness. Of course, I could see Blastoise easily getting Shell Armor... :(

I'm liking Ice Body Glaceon on Hail teams. As if Stallrein's 32 turns of stall was bad enough, Glaceon can put up to 32 more in. Hail is going to be more annoying then ever.

Eh, blastoise still wouldn't be OU I don't think. Tentecruel and Starmie boast superior Sp. Def and Offenses respectively. Even with water absorb, Blastoise doesn't get any good set up moves, and lacks a lot of power to be put into OU. It does get rapid spin, and has a stalling ability, but Tentecruel does that better IMO, with added type coverage.Blastoise would really only be good on a Rain team, but spinners aren't generally used in rain anywho.

One thing you haven't been considering is that it may get a brand new ability.

Blasting Blastoise said:
One thing you haven't been considering is that it may get a brand new ability.

The Power of Three said:
Eh, blastoise still wouldn't be OU I don't think. Tentecruel and Starmie boast superior Sp. Def and Offenses respectively. Even with water absorb, Blastoise doesn't get any good set up moves, and lacks a lot of power to be put into OU. It does get rapid spin, and has a stalling ability, but Tentecruel does that better IMO, with added type coverage.Blastoise would really only be good on a Rain team, but spinners aren't generally used in rain anywho.

Yes, I have considered water absorb, and I still don't think it would be OU. Maybe BL At most, but I don't think it's got the base stats to push itself up to OU.

I think he ment a whole new ability introduced to the series.

Oh yeah, I've started school and can only check the forums after school, so I can't make updates as fast as I normally can. If the starters get new abilities, I hope they get pushed up a few tiers :D

In fact, ANY pokemon that gets a new ability might be bumped up a tier or two. And I hope they give Flareon some good psycical moves in the next gen too.

Yeah they need to give Flareon more moves like Flare Blitz or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back