Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

I was thinking of naming my 5th gen Pokemon after their japanese names. For Excadrill, its name is Doryuuzu. And Dracanthus sounds awesome. Jaws I've used before, and I actually named my Hippowdon Gaara in my Diamond (sand pouring out)

Ive named my Zapdos, Sparky because it seemed like a good idea at the time and I believe that my Mewtwo is named Gandalf cuz hes just awesome like that

Since HGSS, I have one "stock" name for a single pokemon: Azby
HGSS: Sandshrew (the first one!)
Platinum: Masquerain (my favorite bug-type pokemon)
And next, BW my Oshawott will be the Azby, meaning that will be the first starter pokemon to have my stock name.
I also like to put girls names at my female pokemon: Jess (Togekiss), Melissa (Mismagius) (as the Japanese name of Gym Leader Fantina), Carol (Lopunny), Shirona (Garchomp) (as the Japanese name of the Champion Cynthia), and many more.
@thefleeee: My Zapdos is Sprite, as a type of lightning bolt.
@BlueEyedSteelix: My suggestion is Rotastill. Is a mix of the words Rotation and a variant of Steel.

I'm in desperate need for a name for a non-shiny Heatran right now, any suggestions?

^vulcan, definitely Vulcan. As for excadrill, try naming it after some sort of heck-demon creature (makes sense in more ways than one)

RonShad said:

Serious discussion guys. This whole thread is fairly low on discussional value already, so make sure posts are of high quality.

If you're recommending a name, make it reasonable, and explain why you recommend it.

Tank? That's what I normally use, because it has great all around stats, and kind of looks like a tank. Tanks in war can take a punch of hits from smaller guns and then fire gack giant artillery. heatran does the same thing. Tons of resistances, and a base 130 Special Attack, along with Explosion. :)

Yoda432 said:
I'm in desperate need for a name for a non-shiny Heatran right now, any suggestions?

I need a name for Golurk, who will be caught in English Black. Any suggestions? I have a name for everyone else, but I can't think of one for him.

^Zeeba (what the crocodiles in the comic strip "pearls before swine" call the zebras).

As for golurk, try colossus (cause it looks like one) or Titan (same reason).

I just got my non-gendered shiny Giratina.

I spent a long time pondering over his name, and named him Sauron with intent to rename him. Any ideas?

Valence

Because antimatter- matter- atoms- electrons- valence electrons.

(But mostly because it sounds cool.)

^ Although it's not too creative I usually go with firefox for my vulpix-type-things. Is it male or female? That could help me provide some better suggestions.

Sunset is my suggestion for the female vulpix. The color of the female vulpix makes it give off some goldenish fiery aura. At least in my opinion.

Back