Pokemon The Name Rater Thread!

Slowpr0

✪ Slowbro is So Pro ✪
Pretty much the thread to ask for good nicknames for your Pokemon.
What to Specify: Species of Pokemon, (Obviously) gender, and whether it's shiny or not.
Have fun with your epic nicknames chosen by your fellow Pokebeach members!

I was going to say Donkey Kong, but only because I've used it myself for laughs.

I've been trying to come up with a nickname for a normal colored, male Linoone and a shiny Nidorino I've had in my SoulSilver game for a while now. I was going to go with Bandit for the Linoone originally, but I've used the name so much in my older RSE games, I'd hate to just go with it again. Likewise I don't want to come up with something plain for my Nidorino either. Any suggestions?

Whats a good nickname fore a Vaporeon?
Also can you rate my nickname for my Luxray: Shock!

@Pikapip: "Splash," "Wash," "Washaway," those are okay ones I can think of.

And Luxray is nice, I would like "Shocker" better, but that's IMO.

I'm gonna need a name for Cobalon eventually. Please give 2 names, one for shiny (come on soft-resseting) and a regular one

@Pikapip: Aquarius might sound cool if the Vaporeon is a male (though I went named one Apollo for the heck of it in SS). If it's a girl, I'd name her something on the lines of Selene or Marina.

As for Luxray, I'd try something that sounds just a bit tougher or even more unexpected (Cairo and Mitch were ones I used for boys, and Aria was one I used for a girl Luxray I had once...or the only one, I should say... Not sure if those really bring anything specially to mind since they're ones most people could just think up on the spot, but I try and work with ones that sound just a little different than normal).

A fun kind of system I use. I go for Mythology which I enjoy :)
Kanto=Egyptian

Hoen=Roman

Sinnoh = Greek

I think the best name I've ever used is for my female Persian which was Sekhmet. Sekhmet is the goddess of war and is shown as a cat herself so I thought it fit nicely.
---------------------------------------------
Anyway since it isn't my pokemon I'll use the name that fits them the best.

Vaporeon= Hygeia - She was the Goddess of Healing and she focuses on the healing power of cleanliness. She introduced the idea of washing patients with soap and water. She had lots of hospital shrines.

Why? Well Vappy knows Wish and heals. Plus it is a water type. I like it personally ^.^

Gyarados = Galene - Goddess of Calm seas. I know the nature was gentle not calm but almost the same :p

Hey guys, I'm playing through Emerald, but I can't think of a name for my non-shiny male Numel.
Help me out? I prefer food-based names, that's going to be my theme throughout my playthrough. :D

@Darkvoid: Huh, thats sort of a tough one to name... The best I can think of for either of them is IronMan or IronLion. I really like the sound of IronLion :p

EDIT: I just realized I am in need of services too. I need a nickname for a male non-shiny Chimchar for my Nuzlocke run of Pearl. I'm going to evolve him obviously, if he makes it that far...

Back