The Legend of Zelda- Skyward Sword

safariblade said:
The screenshots make the graphics look... disappointing. But I won't know my full opinion until I play it for myself. I'm sure the storyline will be great, but I'm gonna miss the dark style of Twilight Princess.

Rarely should you play a Wii game for graphics. Nintendo and HVS have been the only people to really make games look good on the Wii so...don't put your expectations too high, especially in screenshots. It always looks better in motion.

I'll probably get the game. Mostly for the soundtrack and wii remote, but also because I own all the console 3D Zelda games. Even if it it doesn't have Ganondorf I want to play this game.

safariblade said:
The screenshots make the graphics look... disappointing. But I won't know my full opinion until I play it for myself. I'm sure the storyline will be great, but I'm gonna miss the dark style of Twilight Princess.

I see your point with the graphics in the sense that the art style has changed. I did like how there was a thick line between the WindWaker cartoon style and the darkness that is Twilight Princess and the N64 games, if you can them dark. It was like an opposite barrier for the cartoony games being the adult timeline, and the dark themes being child timeline.

It really fits considering this is the first chronological game in the series and it's a mix of the two. However I did like the line seperating them to be very clear.

I do hope the graphics look better in motion. I'm getting a more, almost... childish feel from the gameplay I've seen. However, as been stated, Most do not buy wii games for graphics, with the exeption of games like Metroid: Other M. I personally will buy this for the gameplay, and I'm glade Nintendo took the time to balance the addition of the wii-motion plus.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-TooOPpuI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I think this video of the first 15 mins will change your mind about the graphics.

Chariblaze said:
Definitely try to get one in the first production run. The gold Wiimote bundle makes the headlines, but that'll be bundled for a long time; the Symphony orchestra sampler CD is what's elusive, and only in the first production run. Based on the popularity of this game, and the size of that run, I say anytime before the end of year (maybe Christmas) will be good.

They're going to have a game music cd in the first production run? Awesome!

And it's not that I think the graphics are poor, they look great. It's just that the general color scheme looks too bright and cheery compared to TP. More like a ds version, such as wind waker.

pokemon99 said:
We can't see the video, it's private :(

It wasn't private last night when I watched it...but to be honest, I'm still not impressed with the graphics. However, it still doesn't change the fact that I'm excited for the game. Looks like my winter vacation will be booked with some SS!

Definitely getting the gold Wiimote edition as since I haven't bought a wii game in about 3 years :( and so I don't own a motion+ controller. Plus gold is smexy.

Kinda sad that this is going to be the final game released for the Nintendo Wii before they move on with the Wii U which is still looking like a flop similiar to the Virtual Boy from 95.

I'm a little confused on the pre-order. Is the CD only available through pre-order, or will it be available afterward as well? Same question about the golden wii-mote.

You don't need to preorder them to get them. The CDs come with all new copies (I'm not sure if it's only the first couple shipments of games or not). The Wii Remote Bundle will probably still be around and they come with the CDs too.

dmaster out.

According to IGN's review, this is the greatest Zelda game ever created. Even better than Ocarina of Time.

Review

My expectations have reached a new high. Can't wait for this.

EDIT: oshi 3000 posts

Thanks for posting that slick...I'm pleasantly surprised at the score. Definitely gonna pick this one up!

I tend to disregard IGN scores, but they are throwing around some big claims. Best Zelda game ever? I'll be the judge of that >.< I am patiently waiting for Skyward Sword... the more I hear, the more excited I get for it. It seems like they took the level design of Okami, the story telling of Twilight Princess, the graphics of a modernized OoT, and the item system of many RPGs... add to that a total Zelda flair and you'll probably have a great game. I expect to love this game, but I am skeptical as to its score. The sword play interests me, and that is probably what brings it over the edge from awesome to amazing. I may be back saying that they were right about it being the best Zelda game ever... but only after I complete EVERY FRICKIN THING

^ I'm agreeing with Zero on that. Although many may beg to differ, I think Wind Waker was the best Zelda game of all time, and is up to date my favorite game of all time. I'm skeptical anything could surpass it in my opinion, but I'll just have to play it to find out.

Windwaker was a great and innovative zelda game... until you got to the boat parts. OH GOD THE BOAT PARTS! That was the most painful experience I've had in my gaming career... worse than dying in Contra infinitely... worse than having to play ET for NES... The boat part of WW was painful because I knew it was a really good game... I just had to travel to the good game part of it. >.<

Sorry... just had to make that comment.

^ Yup, that's what everyone says. I just thought the rest of the game was too good for the boat parts to ruin it. Most people disagree with me though and agree with you, Zero.

I can't wait for this game to actually come out. But when is it supposed to be released?

American release date is 11/20/11? Sunday is when these things come out usually (Pokemon, Super Mario 3D Land just last week, etc.)

Apparently the ROMs got leaked or whatever so anybody can download it now and play it anyway. >_>

dmaster out.

Ohhh nice, I probably won't get this game until it comes out used, because I blow through to much money to spend $50 on a game.

Back