The Legend of Zelda- Skyward Sword

I believe they mentioned at E3 that the preorder bonus for this game would be a golden Wii remote. I'm hoping this is true because I already preordered it xD

Also, there's a stamina meter? That's probably just going to make the game more tedious to complete.

I doubt they would give a $40 Remote away. 0_o I think it will be available to purchase OR it will come packaged with the game and the price will reflect that (which is likely).

dmaster out.

sonicyellow said:
Also, there's a stamina meter? That's probably just going to make the game more tedious to complete.

More like, make combat more engaging by discouraging random hacking and encourage well-timed and strategic hits/dodges/moves. If you just sit there are hack away, chances are you won't get anything done, and then you're left tired for a bit while the enemy attacks. You need to think when battling.

I don't use the shield anyway I just use the heavy swords that don't let you shield. And I wasn't saying OoT was the best Zelda game because of the magic meter I was saying that that was the best game of the series.

Claus said:
More like, make combat more engaging by discouraging random hacking and encourage well-timed and strategic hits/dodges/moves. If you just sit there are hack away, chances are you won't get anything done, and then you're left tired for a bit while the enemy attacks. You need to think when battling.

And make it more tedious to complete.

I really think it matters because I don't think they would make your stamina die when you're running across hyrule field to get to a hidden potion shop in 3 minutes so the stamina bar might mean the end.....of skyward sword.
Off topic: did you guys know about the new Kirby game? It and skyward sword might be some of the last best wii games due to the WII U.

Guilty spark said:
I really think it matters because I don't think they would make your stamina die when you're running across hyrule field to get to a hidden potion shop in 3 minutes so the stamina bar might mean the end.....of skyward sword.

But this game will be mostly around Skyloft, not Hyrule Field. We aren't even sure if there is a Hyrule field in this game.

sonicyellow said:
And make it more tedious to complete.

Having a stamina metre isn't tedious, as Claus says, it makes the player think more about his or her actions. If the enemies are just as easy to defeat in the other games and the stamina metre is in effect all the time then yes it will be incredibly tedious. Travelling across the whole map walking will just put people off.
But as far as we know the metre isn't constant, the AI hasn't been proved to be harder or easier and the world map hasn'y been revealed. (At least I don't think.)

Hopefully it will only be in effect when you enter combat.
I am following this website, it seems to be quite informed.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiB_zmJfl00[/video]

Don't knwo if you've guys seen this yet or not but some E3 coverage on Skyward sword that shows the main area like wind waker.

Really guys? You're not interested in this game? Look at the screens!
Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_11.png

Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_24.png

Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_07.png

Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_10.png

It looks awesome!
SS's lighting is soft, yet bold. It's minimalistic, yet incredibly detailed.It's colorful, yet dark. It's basic, yet it's beautiful. Definitely my favorite, and I had my doubts before.

This game looks so awesome because I've read it will have more of an RPG feel to it. Personally, I've always wanted that in a zelda game.

This game looks so awesome because people are saying it will have more of an RPG feel to it. I've been wanting that in a zelda game for a while now.

This game will be absolutely fantastic. I am so psyched now that it's a lot closer to _actually_ coming out.

Edit: Also I totally called that package deal with the Gold WiiMote. Go me.

dmaster out.

Hate to sound unaware (even though I am), but when is this getting released?

Is it around Christmas?

This'll be the first video I ask for for Christmas in probably 6 or 7 years. Definitely looking forward to it, as I am when every console Zelda game is released, despite the graphics not looking quite as good as I'd like. Granted, the visuals are fantastic...I just don't like the jag found around the character models. Hopefully it'll look a bit better when in motion on my TV.

I'm definitely going to be asking for this game for Christmas, if I'm unable to buy it when it comes out!

I'm really looking forward to this, the story and graphics seem really good!

Definitely try to get one in the first production run. The gold Wiimote bundle makes the headlines, but that'll be bundled for a long time; the Symphony orchestra sampler CD is what's elusive, and only in the first production run. Based on the popularity of this game, and the size of that run, I say anytime before the end of year (maybe Christmas) will be good.

The screenshots make the graphics look... disappointing. But I won't know my full opinion until I play it for myself. I'm sure the storyline will be great, but I'm gonna miss the dark style of Twilight Princess.

Back