The Indepth Tier 1 Deck Guide

RE: The Official What Deck is Hot thread

Im gona update your deck later trvorispro but can you make it look more presentable as this is going to go on the front page. Now I don't want to much discussion but I don't think 1-1 claydol is needed, you can get away with either 2 more uxie or a uxie and uxie lv X. I think we should add an sp radar and take out a bebes. I am obviously inexperienced so can I have a little help with this from someone else? I might get lou cypher to give me a list since he is good with em :p

trevor, you could also mention how ninetales helps against machamp as well.

I think trevor's list is pretty solid.

the only changes I think need to be made are: switch instead of warp point. (you already disrupt your opponent with bright look and intimidating roar, you don't want to use one of these pokepowers and then undo it with warp point, so this is one of the rare occasions where switch actually works better.) for instance if your strategy is to bright look up the claydol and then just split bomb their bench until they retreat him, you would have to switch out your infernape (or retreat), and then level up lux and bright look, and then either switch or free retreat (depending on what you did in the first place) back for infernape. if you use warp points sometimes this will undo the change you previously made.

and you have to be crazy to run luxape without a promocroak G in it.

other options that should be mentioned but aren't necessarily in every deck are Uxie LV X as a viable counter to machamp, (also OHKO's their promocroak G which helps you stay ahead on the prize trading).

and Porygon2 draw engines, (you download a cyrus' then grab the supporter you feel like using and use that. these will have heavier supporter lines like Aaron's and Flint's)

I've been playing with luxape ever since I got my luxray GL X about a month or two after nats. the deck is insane, I could probably write up a pretty good description if trevorispro doesn't clean his up in the next week or so.

Now about trevorisapro idea, I had a little look at my mate Sami's deck and he did resemble yours quite well so I am going to stick with it :), I shall be posting it now

Update all decklists are up, if there is anything that is really out of order and should never be there please post

make it 2-1 Luxray gl LV X with 1 promocroak G.

RE: The Indepth Tier one Deck Guide

I think it should be Tier 1 to Tier 2/3 or something. I mean, there really aren't so many Tier 1 decks left anymore, and there are still a lot of people playing non-Tier 1 decks.

Hmm I think I may add tier 2 but only if you guys can come and provide me the decklists. Is the official tier guide up to date?

Your Luxape, Gengar, and Legos lists have a few small problems.

For one, with Luxape, 1 Unown G just isn't going to do it :/ in fact, this goes for basically ANY deck. Especially a deck where virtually EVERY Pokemon uses a Poke-Power. For Gengar, it just needs 2 more Unown G. Because your opponent just says "hi, I'm going to double Shadow Room to go thru ur fainting spellol" Legos is just... *shrug*. Giratina isn't needed at all. Really. It never helps :p I'd cut that for another Unown G. Every deck needs at least 2. Also, you can't, um... attack with Toxicroak G promo without a Psychic Energy... :S. The 1 Looker's seems pretty random, I'd much rather play a Cynthia's. You NEED more than 1 SSU, like, really. For ultimate Psychic Bindage, you need 4. Damage Porter isn't favorable for Legos either. You're spreading enough with Palkia. MT Azelf helps a lot in Legos also for SPs, but it's your choice on this and everything else. Just some suggestions.

Other than that I like the idea of this thread. Please continue with these =D

Its cool how you want to give people list to look at of the top tier 1 decks BUT giving them bad information or bad list to test against isn't really going to help anyone. Your Infernape/Luxray list needs A LOT of work.

3 Bebe's is WAY OVERKILL. Only 2 is needed.

2 Night Maintenance AND 2 Aaron's? Again WAY OVERKILL. You either need 2 Night Maintenance OR 1 Night Main. and 1 Aarons not 2 of both.

2 Crobat G are unnecessary, 2 is nice to have but with PokeTurn theres no need for more than 1. Anything after that is just begging for a free prize/bad start.

2 Warp Point are again unnecessary. Those 2 Power Sprays you play are suppose to be used (in mirror match) to stop Bright Look which out of a Maximum times of 5 times (with 4 PokeTurn) can be game changing. Anything used other than Bright Look is a waste of a Power Spray. So, they can't bring up Claydol making 2 warp point overkill. You might also want to consider Switch.

No Luxury Ball? Basically a staple and every deck but none in this deck....why?

No Uxie Lv. X and only 1 Unown G? How are you suppose to deal with Gengar? And what about Machamp? 2 (semi) big decks that cause some problems (mostly Machamp)

Its nice to have Promo Toxicroak G, but how are you gonna attack with it? You have no psychic energy...ROFL

And only 10 Energy? Does Fire Spin mean anything to you? Does Ninetales mean anything to you? If your playing Ninetales 10 energy is way too low. 12 or 13 is what you want to aim for.

So changes would look like:

-1 Bebe's Search
-1 Crobat
-2 Aaron's Collection OR -1 Night Maintenance and -1 Aaron's
-1 Warp Point

+1 Luxury Ball
+1 Uxie Lv. X
+1 Unown G
+1 Psychic (You need to attack w/ Toxicroak G lol; Also good with Azelf's Lock Up to prevent manual retreating)
+1 Fire Energy (Or Call Energy for consistency)

Yh LMAO, I was kinda tired it was like midnight or something so my brain wasn't processing what was happening lol. We need to keep 3 bebe as I was talking to as friend and he plays it like that. It is more consistent, you have a higher chance of getting claydol/lv X/ninetales whenever.

I forgot about the luxury ball lol.

Uxie lv X is not needed it is too inconsistent as you want to annihilate as quick as possible and setting up a uxie who can't do that much in the scheme of things is not needed.

Yh I guess I already have an infinite warp point so I will take out one.

Trust me 2 crobat G is perfect here.

Im gona need to find out if another unown G is required.

The rest of your changes I believe are correct and I will update them as soon as.

If your [gonna] playing Luxury Ball whats the point of play the 3rd Bebe's? The 3rd Bebe's is a waste of a supporter. The only thing is it meant to get is Claydol/Uxie Lv. X and thats it. Premier Ball, and both SP Radars are for the Infernape X and Luxray Lv. X (Premier Ball sometimes Uxie. Lv. X).

kashmaster said:
Uxie lv X is not needed it is too inconsistent as you want to annihilate as quick as possible and setting up a uxie who can't do that much in the scheme of things is not needed.

Did your seriously just say that? Ughhhhhhh, I wish I had more sig space to quote that. Words can't seriously describe how much I laughed when I read that.

Setting up a Uxie can't do much in the scheme of things? How long have you been playing, 1 maybe 2 days? LOL.

You really think Uxie Lv. X is inconstant? How is drawing 1 extra card inconsistent [before or after Claydol]? How is beating Machamp/Random Fighting Pokemon with it inconsistent? Lol. Please I would LOVE an explanation on what you think its so inconsistent about it.

Well you would IMO waste a turn Turning it into a lv X where you could just do something a little better and also no need to be so nasty I have actually only been playing 2 months so if you are gona take the micky out of me for being wrong even though I just started playing then your just shaming yourself.

You tell me why I should run it

Counters Machamp, more drawpower, and a good hard-hitting Psychic Pokemon. Claydol/Uxie should almost always be in LuxApe for consistency.

dmaster out.

AnthonyG said:
Setting up a Uxie can't do much in the scheme of things? How long have you been playing, 1 maybe 2 days? LOL.

That was a joke actually. There was suppose to be a JK after that statement. Sorry about that, but it was just a joke so please don't take it as offence as I didn't mean to be.

And I listed plenty of reason on why it should be used in my first and 2nd post. Double check those. Also d master also explained it well too.

BUT, again I would LOVE to leave why you personally think its inconsistent.

What D master said is all I needed to know lol. Well you taking a turn to lv it up will take some time and I believe this deck has enough draw power as I am running claydol. If I wasnt then a 3-1 uxie would work but I need more people to vouch for this then I will put it up. I am sure you and D master are right but I need to make sure and Il ask my friend as well

3-1 is dumb and not needed. 1-1 or 2-1 Uxie along with 1-1 Claydol is more than necessary.

dmaster out.

Not to be rude or anything, but that is a HORRIBLE Legos list. I'm not even sure I would call that Legos. :/ If you want I can write up a mini article as well as providing a good list for this thread.

Back