TCG Fakes The Fakers' Marathon 6 - 1,185 points!

maractus.png
turtonator.png
My last cards for the marathon!
I wish you luck to everyone into finishing your fakings before the deadline.
Happy New Year's Eve! (in 3 days, of course.)

Cresselia ex - HP 220 - [P]
Basic
tumblr_221bf2e2bdac6997bff04f7a1d883ee7_d6e7d64b_540.gif

NO. 0488 Lunar Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 188.7 lbs.

[P] - Shining Crescent
You may discard any amount of Energy from your Pokémon in play. Put 1 damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like for each Energy you discarded in this way.

[P][C] - Moonlight Serendipity 130
Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokémon. If Moonlit Field is in play, heal 30 damage from all of your Pokémon in play.

Weakness:
[D] x2
Resistance:
[F] -30
Retreat:
[C][C]

On nights around the quarter moon, the aurora from its tail extends and undulates beautifully.

Moonlit Field - Trainer - Stadium

If either player heals one of their Pokémon through effects of attacks, Abilities, or Trainer cards, heal 50 more damage from that Pokémon.

A Dark Tinkaton with art by dA's Marcos-A-Rodrigues! The effect comes from a conversation I had with a friend of mine the other day about an effect we decided would be a blast to play on a real card. We'll see if I have time to make another Tinkaton before the deadline to really cash in on the Poké-Body.

Here's a holo and non-holo version for comparison (and so you can see the art and text more easily), but we're only counting the holo version for points, of course!

EDIT: Fixed a couple things — the card correctly says Stage 2 now, and has the "before applying Weakness and Resistance" reminder text. I also made it evolve from Dark Tinkatuff for believability's sake, though that might limit its playability with other Tinkaton!

Dark_Tinkatons.png

Last edited:
I was looking at Gravity Monkey’s Greninja and was wondering if copying any attack and changing your type was too strong for two Energy, especially when you didn’t have to get the Pokémon into play first. Then I thought “would it be more balanced if your opponent could copy an attack on your turn, too?” That was where I got the idea for this card.

Basic Marshadow HP 60 (P)
1703967231247.png

NO. 802 Gloomdweller Pokémon HT: 2’04” WT: 48.9 lbs.

(F) Wisp Break 30
Put an Energy attached to this Pokémon on top of your deck.

(P)(C) Shades of Imitation
Choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokémon’s attacks and use it as this attack. Then, your opponent chooses 1 of your Pokémon’s attacks. Their active Pokémon uses that attack. (If this attack Knocks Out their Active Pokémon, they must choose a new Active Pokémon first.)

Weakness (D) x2 Resistance (F) -20 Retreat (C)
It slips into the shadows of others and mimics their powers and movements. As it improves, it becomes stronger than those it’s imitating.

P.S. I would be curious to hear people’s feedback on what would happen if I submitted this card as-is to the Lackey Counsel. I’m not sure how I feel about Shades of Imitation balance-wise, so I would value more experienced card designer’s first (and second) impressions.

Last edited:
MAN i really need to use omnium more! this wording is kinda bizarre because it uses wording as modern as SV but i'm proud of the result!
This is a beautiful card with interesting design potential, but it looks like you forgot to change the default HP. Out of curiosity, how much HP did you plan to give it? It looks like a card I may want to play with casually.

Posting the ones I made last night for points++. Had to get at least a few in this year.

07_shuckle.png
08_hoppip.png
09_gourgeist.png

@Jabberwock Wouldn't it evolve from DARK Tinkatuff? And why is it Basic?

@SleepyBoi I had no idea "Name" evolves into Cradily. Never heard of that Pokémon lol

Posting the ones I made last night for points++. Had to get at least a few in this year.

07_shuckle.png
08_hoppip.png
09_gourgeist.png
Hmmm, yes, that one-HP Pokémon with superb Ability Swap cheese potential and the Sprout Tower mascot that nearly swept Ash’s team until he discovered that another of his random, unused Pokémon was stronger than Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle combined. Conway’s Shuckle is in good company.

In all seriousness, even after wearing out his regular team escaping his kidnappers, Ash still could have cheesed Richie with Muk and Kingler if he’d asked the ref nicely for just five more minutes of patience. I didn’t realize it when I was Ash’s age, but those two Pokémon carried him through the first four rounds.

@Jabberwock Wouldn't it evolve from DARK Tinkatuff? And why is it Basic?

@SleepyBoi I had no idea "Name" evolves into Cradily. Never heard of that Pokémon lol
Yep, we definitely get sloppier during the Faker’s Marathon. There was that one time I left the placement layer for the set symbol on for one of my cards, but my favorite “blunder” was the time I used the exact same texture—and virtually the same homemade illustration—for twelve cards. PMJ only counted one of those cards. I thought I was a genius who had discovered a way to cheese 180 points, but it was not to be, and that was probably for the best.

So let Name evolve into Cradily. The Cradily is fine craftsmanship. The same cannot be said for the TM I created in Google Drawings in five minutes.

Last edited:
I've had some card ideas I couldn't bring to an Image Fake, but since we need points from all places to get closer to the record, here they're as a Text Fakes!

Dark Victreebel - HP 100 - [G][D]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Weepinbell

71.png

NO. 071 Flycatcher Pokémon HT: 5'07" WT: 34.2 lbs.
Poké-Power - Multiple Acids
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard the top card of your deck. If you discarded a Pokémon, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. If you discarded a Trainer card, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused. If you discarded an Energy card, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned. This power can’t be used if Dark Victreebel is affected by a Special Condition.

[G][C][C] - Reactive Vine 30
Does 30 damage plus 20 more damage for each Special Condition affecting the Defending Pokémon. If Dark Victreebel has any [D] Energy card attached to it, the Defending Pokémon can’t retreat until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has ever returned from there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Magma's Heatmor - HP 80 - [F][D]
Basic Pokémon
631.png

NO. 631 Anteater Pokémon HT: 4'07" WT: 127.9 lbs.

Poké-Power - Charring Blaze
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Magma Energy card from your hand. If you do, discard the top card of your opponent's deck. This power can’t be used if Team Magma’s Heatmor is affected by a Special Condition.

[F][C] - Shattering Lick 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If Team Magma's Heatmor has any [D] Energy card attached to it, you may discard it. If you do, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:

It draws in air through its tail, transforms it into fire, and uses it like a tongue. It melts Durant and eats them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Aqua's Bruxish - HP 70 - [W][D]
Basic Pokémon

779.png
NO. 779 Gnash Teeth Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 41.9 lbs.

Poké-Power - Mind Crush
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Aqua Energy card from your hand. If you do, each Active Pokémon (both yours and your opponent’s) is now Confused. This power can’t be used if Team Aqua’s Bruxish is affected by a Special Condition.

[W][C] - Prey and Retire
This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If Team Aqua's Bruxish has any [D] Energy card attached to it, you may discard it. If you do, switch Team Aqua's Bruxish with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

It stuns its prey with psychokinesis and then grinds them to mush with its strong teeth. Even Shellder’s shell is no match for it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Aqua's Lunatone - HP 80 - [P][D]
Basic Pokémon

337.png
NO. 337 Meteorite Pokémon HT: 3'3" WT: 370.4 lbs.

Poké-Body - Full Moon
As long as Team Aqua's Hideout is in play and Team Aqua's Lunatone has any [D] Energy card attached to it, your Pokémon that has Team Aqua on their name pays [C] less to retreat.

[P][C] - Moonglow
This attack does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:

It was discovered at the site of a meteor strike 40 years ago. Its stare can lull its foes to sleep.

Team Magma's Solrock - HP 80 - [P][D]
Basic Pokémon

338.png
NO. 338 Meteorite Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 339.5 lbs.

Poké-Body - Solar Burn
As long as Team Magma's Hideout is in play and Team Magma's Solrock has any [D] Energy card attached to it, your Pokémon that has Team Magma on their name does 10 more damage to the Defending Pokémon.

[P][C] - Sunglow
This attack does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:

Solar energy is the source of its power, so it is strong during the daytime. When it spins, its body shines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mirror B's Plan B - Trainer - Supporter

mirorb1.jpg

Discard 2 Trainer cards from your hand. If you can’t discard 2 Trainer cards from your hand, you can’t play this card.

Draw a number of cards equal to the number of your opponent's Benched Pokémon that has Team Magma or Team Aqua on their name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rocket's Jirachi ex - HP 80 - [D]
Basic Pokémon

385.png
NO. 385 Wish Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 2.4 lbs.
Poké-Body - Conspiracy Wishes
Whenever your opponent plays a Supporter card from his or her hand, put a Wish counter on Rocket's Jirachi ex.

[D] - Slap 10

[C][C] - Wishful Truth

Flip a number of coins equal to the amount of Wish counters on Rocket's Jirachi ex. For each heads, search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Then, remove all Wish counters from Rocket's Jirachi ex. You can’t flip more than 3 coins in this way.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

It is said to have the ability to grant any wish for just one week every thousand years.

Volbeat -HP 70 - [G]
Basic
1704022324798.png

NO. 0313 Firefly Pokémon HT: 2'04" WT: 39.0 lbs.

[G] - Illumisile
Choose 1 of your opponent's Active Pokémon. Flip a coin for each Illumise on your bench. For each heads, this attack does 40 damage to that Pokémon.

[G][G] - Bug Block 50
Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness:
[R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat:
[C]

With the arrival of night, Volbeat emits light from its tail. It communicates with others by adjusting the intensity and flashing of its light. This Pokémon is attracted by the sweet aroma of Illumise.

Illumise - HP 70 -
[G]
Basic
1704023946263.png

NO. 0314 Firefly Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 39.0 lbs.

(ABILITY) - Illuminate Through
Once during your turn, if you flip a coin for an attack from 1 of your Volbeat, you may ignore the result of that coin flip and begin flipping that coin again.

[G] - Vulcan Reversal 20+
During your opponent's last turn, if 1 of your Volbeat was Knocked Out by damage from your opponent's Pokémon's attacks, this attack does 60 more damage. The Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness:
[R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat:
[C]

With its sweet aroma, it guides Volbeat to draw signs with light in the night sky.

Leaflet Letter - Trainer - Item

Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Put any number of [G] Pokémon and Basic [G] Energy cards you find there into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

Last edited:
Here is another card. This one was designed to go with the Protean Energy I submitted to the June and July CaC. https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/th...cial-energy-swap-all-results-up.153914/page-5

Basic Kecleon HP 70 (C)
1704043863430.png
NO. 352 Color Swap Pokémon HT: 3’03” WT: 48.5 lbs.

Ability Rotating Coat
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon. You can’t choose a card you discarded with the effect of this Ability.

(C)(C) Psyshock 50
This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon.

weakness (F) x2 resistance retreat (C)
It changes its shading to match its surroundings so it can sneak up on prey. Only its belly pattern stays fixed.

I’m not sure what inspired me to create this card, but this feels like an interesting way to represent Porygon’s ability to travel through cyberspace while exploring some design space that I, for one, have not explored before (I’m not sure how many people have used similar effects already).
Basic Poryon HP 50 (C)
1704048767236.png
NO. 137 Virtual Pokémon HT: 2’07” WT: 80.5 lbs.

Ability Firewall Decoy
Once between turns, if this Pokémon is in your hand, you may put it on top of your deck face up. While this Pokémon is on top of your deck face up, prevent all effects of your opponent’s attacks, Abilities, Trainer cards or Energy done to you, your hand or your deck. If this Pokémon would no longer be the top card of your deck, put it into your hand.

(C) Cyber Return 10
Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

weakness (F) x2 resistance retreat (C)
Roughly 20 years ago, it was artificially created, utilizing the latest technology of the time.
Designing a Porygon2 and Porygon-Z that synergize with this Porygon will be fun, but as a stand-alone card, it offers a counter to cards like N, Judge and Reset Stamp (taken in the historical context of the Sun and Moon era) at the expense of not being able to top-deck something other than Porygon next turn. It would also protect you from shenanigans like Gengar & Mimikyu GX. I’m not sure what it would protect you from in Lackey’s Expanded format if it ever got added there.

IMG-20231230-WA0005.jpg

Just one more before the end the of year.
I'm the guy who has a betamon-themed set, after all.
Happy New Year y'all!

A hasty last-minute fake! Thanks to Steve K on our Discord for his always-amazing artwork. :D

I've also fixed a couple things in the Dark Tinkaton I posted before, which I've edited into the post. Thanks for pointing them out, all!

Rockets_Meowth_FM6.png

Just over an hour left! Get those last minute entries in! Posting on #showcase in Discord is okay too, just get 'em posted.

10_excadrill.png
11_cinderace.png

Back