TCG Fakes The Fakers' Marathon 6 - 1,185 points!

Another marathon comes to a close. Our total: 118 valid entries over seven days, worth a massive 1,185 points! The new way images are scored definitely contributed to this, but last year's score was also heavily influenced by a massive amount of text entries, so I'm choosing to call it a wash either way. Congrats on the new high score!

Here's some data. Shout outs once again to @CardPone for the spreadsheet, which allows this data to be readily collected and shared.

- 27% of entries were text-based. Most of these came from @Qman400. Nice work!
- This year, fifteen people submitted at least one entry, which is a marathon record!
- Out of those fifteen, only @bbb888 submitted only one entry, but considering he was responsible for a staggering 686 points last year, it's clear he's still recovering from his back injuries.
- Only @Mr. Melon received the maximum 25 points for his Cloyster ex.
- @Kaleidophoenix is, perhaps unsurprisingly, this year's image MVP, adding 201 points to the score. @NinJamezor wasn't far behind, though, contributing 177 points.
- @Jabberwock keeps up his perfect streak as the only one to participate in six out of six marathons. This is my fourth; Kaleidophoenix and Pone both hit number three this year. Hopefully we can hear from @Nyan and @Falling Skies next year.
- Mr. Melon, Diego Brando, and Kaleidophoenix are the only entrants to submit something with their own artwork, which is deserving of praise all on its own.
- We saw many different eras faked in this marathon, including ex, DP, BWXY, SM, and SV. Maybe next year we can hit all of them?
- We also saw quite a variety of customized blanks, from NinJamezor's fusion Pokemon blanks to Diego Brando's beautiful full art Rocket's ex blanks to @steffenka stealth adding the Tera mechanic to GX blanks like we wouldn't notice. The most commonly used custom blank, of course, is Pone's Omnium blank, present on 22% of all images submitted. Y'all really like it, and it's not hard to see why, it's perfect in just about every way.

I think the changes to image scoring pushed people to submit more images, and better ones, so shout outs to me for my giga chad ultra brain good idea. You're welcome. But for real, what did you guys think? I like having images be much more heavily weighted than text and I'd suggest keeping this rubric for future years.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Here's to another successful marathon!

Though his entries were disqualified due to lateness, it is also worth recognizing @Kaleidophoenix for his numerous text fakes that he put into his thread here. Had they been accepted, it would have driven the score up by another several hundred points, and the fact that he planned out a 150-card set specifically for this event is pretty damn impressive. Be sure to check it out.

I hope you plan on finishing it, because the cards shown so far were pretty awesome and doing it all with your own art is next level commitment.

Another marathon comes to a close. Our total: 118 valid entries over seven days, worth a massive 1,185 points! The new way images are scored definitely contributed to this, but last year's score was also heavily influenced by a massive amount of text entries, so I'm choosing to call it a wash either way. Congrats on the new high score!

Here's some data. Shout outs once again to @CardPone for the spreadsheet, which allows this data to be readily collected and shared.

- 27% of entries were text-based. Most of these came from @Qman400. Nice work!
- This year, fifteen people submitted at least one entry, which is a marathon record!
- Out of those fifteen, only @bbb888 submitted only one entry, but considering he was responsible for a staggering 686 points last year, it's clear he's still recovering from his back injuries.
- Only @Mr. Melon received the maximum 25 points for his Cloyster ex.
- @Kaleidophoenix is, perhaps unsurprisingly, this year's image MVP, adding 201 points to the score. @NinJamezor wasn't far behind, though, contributing 177 points.
- @Jabberwock keeps up his perfect streak as the only one to participate in six out of six marathons. This is my fourth; Kaleidophoenix and Pone both hit number three this year. Hopefully we can hear from @Nyan and @Falling Skies next year.
- Mr. Melon, Diego Brando, and Kaleidophoenix are the only entrants to submit something with their own artwork, which is deserving of praise all on its own.
- We saw many different eras faked in this marathon, including ex, DP, BWXY, SM, and SV. Maybe next year we can hit all of them?
- We also saw quite a variety of customized blanks, from NinJamezor's fusion Pokemon blanks to Diego Brando's beautiful full art Rocket's ex blanks to @steffenka stealth adding the Tera mechanic to GX blanks like we wouldn't notice. The most commonly used custom blank, of course, is Pone's Omnium blank, present on 22% of all images submitted. Y'all really like it, and it's not hard to see why, it's perfect in just about every way.

I think the changes to image scoring pushed people to submit more images, and better ones, so shout outs to me for my giga chad ultra brain good idea. You're welcome. But for real, what did you guys think? I like having images be much more heavily weighted than text and I'd suggest keeping this rubric for future years.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Here's to another successful marathon!

Hopefully I'll be able to make up for my lack of participation next December! Congratulations to everyone, you all did fantastic!

Apologies, I was simply very busy this month. I don't think I logged into the site once, even. When is the next one?

It's held at the same time every year, December 26-31.

Back