Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, as a reminder, this is the last day for this round! Round 3 will be going live in a bit less than 6 hours, so have fun with Oregon Trail. :D

Sorry for the delay; it's been a crazy last few days...

Round 1 Results:

With a score of 22,409.67m @Celever wins! The Amber Phoenixes gain 1 team point for the challenge. Celever will also receive an extra SoSMA as a prize for his win, but not until the end of this challenge.

Current Team Point Standings:

Amber Phoenixes: 1
Xanadu Taniwha: 0
Palatinate Cynogryphons: 0

Game Round 3:
Robot Unicorn Attack
Game Link

It's time to move back into the modern era with Adult Swim's popular endless-running platformer, Robot Unicorn Attack. Originally released on the AS website back in 2010, you play as the titular robot unicorn running through a magical, sparkly field collecting fairies and dashing into stars. Just don't run into anything, or you might die a grisly death!

Robot Unicorn Attack quickly rose in popularity and has inspired a variety of merchandise, sequels, and spin-offs throughout the years, including a free-to-play app with many new additions. The version of the game that we will be playing, however, is the original, which is not available as a free app, so only the flash version linked above will be used.

How to Play:

Basically you just run and keep running and try not to crash into anything. You can (double) jump and dash to destroy the stars, but if you hit an obstacle or fall into a pit, you'll die. The game gives you 3 wishes (lives) to accumulate as many points as possible. Collecting fairies and destroying stars give you extra points!

Goal:

Collect the most points in a single playthrough! You gain points for distance ran, stars smashed, and fairies collected. At the end of each wish, your score for that particular wish is shown. At the end of all 3, you get a final score that totals up the points from all 3 wishes.

Submission:

In order to submit a score as a possible winner, you must post a screencap or photo under these conditions:

• The image needs to show your final score and individual wish score breakdown, which is shown at the end of the playthrough.
  • The image MUST be posted in thread. No PMed or IMed submissions will be accepted!
  • To verify that the score you submit is actually taken for the Challenge, the screenshot image must include PokéBeach open in a separate tab. See here for an example. If there's info in a full screenshot like this that you don't want to show, open it in Paint first and black the sensitive stuff out.
  • If you would prefer to take a picture, you should include a post-it or other piece of paper with your PokéBeach username written on it. Like this! Both your score and the username must be legible.
  • You may post as many entries as you like under the deadline has been reached and the highest one will count as your final submission.
  • The deadline for Round 3 is Wednesday, February 17th at 3:15pm Central European Time. That is the same as 2:15pm GMT, 9:15am Eastern US time, 6:15am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.

Players:

The players for each team for this round are:

Amber Phoenixes: @Celever
Palatinate Cynogryphons: @mordacazir
Xanadu Taniwha: @bbninjas

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Good luck everyone!

As a reminder, Round 4 will start immediately upon reaching the deadline of Round 3!

Round 2 Results:

With a score of 3813 @Vom wins! The Xanadu Taniwha gain 1 team point for the challenge. Vom will also receive an extra SoSMA as a prize for his win, but not until the end of this challenge.

Xanadu Taniwha: 1

Here, have a high score.
MIpfjVl.png
I know that I can do better than that, but I have errands to run today, so I won't be able to play for a little while today. I sorta figured I'd just post this for now so other can compare their scores with me ;)

My top score until now is 20??? <-- ?=number I don't know exactly.
You need to save screenshots of your scores when the runs are done so that you can upload them to the thread with the scores of the 3 individual wishes, too.
Anyway, I just beat my high score somehow. I wasn't even paying attention to my score, and then when I noticed I was nearly at 20000 on one wish I freaked out and died Dx
FVlnLjc.png

I have to stop right now, and i don"t think I have the time to do once more, so probably final submission.

Attachments

• Schermopname (3).png
    Schermopname (3).png
    675.1 KB · Views: 14
We're getting close to the end of the Robot Unicorn Attack round! About 5 hours left for submissions before Round 4 starts. :D

Game Round 4:
Pokémon Reborn
Game Info & Download Link

Pokémon Reborn is a Pokémon fangame made in RPG Maker XP. Start as a new trainer in Reborn City, the center of a semi-futuristic, semi-dystopian Region, traveling to battle all 18 Gym Leaders of the Reborn League and capture Pokémon from all 6 generations. The game's story is much more serious and grimdark than your typical main series game, and the difficulty has been ramped up to 11. On the bright side, Shinies are much more common!

The game's current release is Episode 15, and this is the version we will be playing for the purposes of this challenge. Download the .exe file available at the above webpage. The game is made for Windows but is playable on a Mac with WINE if you follow the instructions on the page. If you already have an in-progress save file for Pokémon Reborn, you will need to start a new game for the purposes of this challenge. There are instructions on the site's FAQ for how to make multiple save files so you won't need to erase your old game data in order to play. When creating a new game file, make sure you reference the Submission Guidelines so that your character is valid!!!

How to Play:

I hope that most people who are on this website know how to play Pokémon. Reborn plays roughly like a Gen 3 game, with the 2D sprite style and using only a single screen. Controls are mapped to use the keyboard. Most of the mechanics will be familiar to Pokémon players, though some are new for the sake of the game (such as field effects). If you have any specific questions or issues, you can either ask here or reference the game's official forum.

Goal:

Obviously this game is a bit different in the sense that there is not a strict point progression directly within the game. Instead, I have created my own point system for this challenge where players earn points based on the Pokémon they capture and their progression throughout the game. You earn:
  • 1 Point for each unique Pokémon species you capture or evolve as shown on the Pokédex line of your trainer card (red circle).
  • 5 points for Shiny Pokémon you capture. Only 1 Pokémon for each species/evolutionary line is counted.
  • 10 points for each Gym Badge you collect (green circle).

Submission:

In order to submit a score as a possible winner, you must post a screencap or photo under these conditions:

• Your Trainer must be named TacoCat! This is to ensure that all screencaps taken are from save files specifically made for this challenge. The name TacoCat must show as your trainer name in all screenshots submitted, such as on your trainer card for the Pokédex/Badges (underlined), or as the OT for any individual screenshots you take for Shiny Pokémon (underlined).
  • All images MUST be posted in thread. No PMed or IMed submissions will be accepted!
  • In addition to showing TacoCat, the screenshot images must still include PokéBeach open in a separate tab. See here for an example. If there's info in a full screenshot like this that you don't want to show, open it in Paint first and black the sensitive stuff out.
  • If you would prefer to take a picture, you should include a post-it or other piece of paper with your PokéBeach username written on it. Like this! All necessary information must be legible.
  • Final submitted screenshots, including Trainer Card shots and any/all Shiny Pokémon must all be posted in a single post. You're certainly welcome to post individual posts of Shiny Pokémon as you capture them or whatever, but they won't count as a submission post unless they're included together in a formal "submission" post along with your trainer card shot and any other Shinies found. You may wish to make one post to save as your Submission post and edit screenshots into it, or wait until the end and put it all together, whatever works best for you.
  • You may post as many entries as you like under the deadline has been reached and the highest one will count as your final submission.
  • The deadline for Round 4 is Friday, February 18th at 3:18pm Central European Time. That is the same as 2:18pm GMT, 9:18am Eastern US time, 6:18am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.

Players:

The players for each team for this round are:

Amber Phoenixes: @Green778
Palatinate Cynogryphons: @Brave Vesperia
Xanadu Taniwha: @Vracken

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Good luck everyone!

As a reminder, Round 5 will start immediately upon reaching the deadline of Round 4! Round 5 will be the last round unless there is a tie between losing teams.

Round 3 Results:

With a score of 43506 @bbninjas wins! The Xanadu Taniwha gain 1 team point for the challenge. BB will also receive an extra SoSMA as a prize for his win, but not until the end of this challenge.

Xanadu Taniwha: 2

Last edited:
Also I know I'm a dirty triple poster but I really like that all of the teams are tied so far.

w33eATi.png
Thena, it should have been the best Top 5, not the best single run...

BECAUSE I WAS SO CLOSE. SO CLOSE. SO... close.....;~; ;~; ;~;
Edit: [14:23:17] Celever: oh
[14:23:18] Celever: well
[14:23:23] Celever: I thought bb was a taniwha
[14:23:28] Celever: it's a little less terrible
[14:23:29] Celever: :p
[14:25:40] Athena: wait, he is, I messed up
[14:25:51] Celever: Dx
[14:25:55] Celever: I really shouldn't have said that

So, uh, you're welcome, I guess Dx

Ope, never mind, I got messed up with the new teams, bbninjas is a Taniwha. I'm updating the score sheet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back