Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's four members per team and five rounds? Does that mean one member of the team must do two rounds? And can theoretically a member of the team not participate in any rounds at all?

There's four members per team and five rounds? Does that mean one member of the team must do two rounds? And can theoretically a member of the team not participate in any rounds at all?
[09/02/2016 16:32:22] Celever: Thena I'm confused D:
[09/02/2016 16:32:34] Celever: There are 5 rounds and 4 team members
[09/02/2016 16:32:54] Celever: So one person does it twice?
[09/02/2016 16:33:25] Athena: you really need to get better at reading :U
[09/02/2016 16:33:39] Celever: Dx
[09/02/2016 16:33:51] Celever: So like
[09/02/2016 16:34:06] Celever: Is the fifth round the tiebreaker?
[09/02/2016 16:34:18] Athena: Athena points up
[09/02/2016 16:34:28] Celever: I interpreted it as the 6th round would be tiebreak
[09/02/2016 16:34:41] Celever: Hold on a sec let me open the browser on my phone :x
[09/02/2016 16:34:56] Athena: rule 5
[09/02/2016 16:34:57] Athena: There are no restrictions for how many rounds a certain player can compete in. Similarly, not every team member needs to have a slot, such as if there are any team members that are unwilling to unable to play any of the rounds.
[09/02/2016 16:35:48] Athena: basically anyone on the team can play any of the rounds; the distribution of players to rounds is up to the team
[09/02/2016 16:35:54] Celever: Oh, great <3
[09/02/2016 16:36:07] Celever: So like if I wanted to I could do all 5 rounds?
[09/02/2016 16:36:15] Athena: so long as everyone else in the team agreed
[09/02/2016 16:36:29] Celever: Hmm, interesting
[09/02/2016 16:36:42] Celever: I don't really want to do that, but hey :p
[09/02/2016 16:36:53] Celever: The option's there I guess
[09/02/2016 16:38:10] Athena: mostly I didn't want it to be an issue for teams if they have players that can't do certain things (no downloading, no flash, etc.); every team should have at least 1 team member that can do anything, even if that means one player does more than others
[09/02/2016 16:38:49] Celever: Yeah, that's a really good way of going about it imo
[09/02/2016 16:39:12] Athena: I even made sure to include a game that had a free app available :U
[09/02/2016 16:40:10] Celever: Oh, in case someone doesn't have a computer!
[09/02/2016 16:40:18] Celever: You really thought of everything ;)
[09/02/2016 16:40:41] Athena: that
[09/02/2016 16:40:43] Athena: s why OI
[09/02/2016 16:40:47] Athena: that
[09/02/2016 16:40:53] Athena: I can't type with a cat on my chest
[09/02/2016 16:43:29] Celever: Loool
[09/02/2016 16:43:55] Celever: That must be known as cat English :p
[09/02/2016 16:48:10] Athena: he blocks the keyboard and I couldn't get my hands quite in the right position :U

Hey guys, I hope the new teams are all working well. :) Just a reminder that round schedules are due tomorrow, about 23 hours from the time of this post, so make sure to get those in! If you team does not submit a schedule, I will roll a d4 to determine which player plays which round, and I don't think anyone wants that. :p

Hey guys, I hope the new teams are all working well. :) Just a reminder that round schedules are due tomorrow, about 23 hours from the time of this post, so make sure to get those in! If you team does not submit a schedule, I will roll a d4 to determine which player plays which round, and I don't think anyone wants that. :p
As long as it's not a D20, what could go wrong? >_>

You should totally use my D20 instead :p

Team Name: Amber Phoenixes
Round 1: Celever
Round 2: Jabber
Round 3: Celever
Round 4: Green
Round 5: Jabber

Thena I can't add bold because I'm on my phone. Sorry :(

In your post fixing your submission because I'm feeling nice this morning. ~Athena

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, thanks for the submissions! Xanadu Taniwha, we're just waiting on you. :p You've got about 7.5 hours to get something in!

The 1st round will be posted at 3pm right when the deadline for submission has passed. :D

Xanadu Taniwha:
Round 1 Player:
Vracken
Round 2 Player: Vom
Round 3 Player: bbninjas
Round 4 Player: Vracken
Round 5 Player: bbninjas

Game Round 1:
Nanaca†Crash
Game Link (Flash)
App version also available!​

Welcome to Nanaca Crash! This fun flash game stormed the internet back when I was a teenager, and I've spent many fun hours playing it over the years. It uses characters from the "adult" visual novel Cross Channel, and the game had such a wide reception that it was "relaunched" as an official game part of the Cross Channel brand back in 2014.

An app version of this game is available for both Android and iOS. Search for "Nanaca" and it should come up. It's free to download, but it does have ads. The app version is practically the same as the Flash version, so it's acceptable to play for the purposes of the contest.

How to Play:

As the titular character Nanaca, you start the game off by hitting Taichi with your bike. Using the mouse, you select the angle and power of this initial crash, with the goal of launching Taichi as far as possible. This is not solely determined by your opening impact, however. You will come into contact (literally) with other characters throughout the game that may help or hinder your progress, and sometimes you can unlock Specials for powerful boosts. You can also influence Taichi's speed and direction directly via the use of Nanaca's limited Aerial Crashes. The app version of the game includes a tutorial.

Send Taichi flying as fast and hard as possible and time use of your aerials correctly to get a good distance!

Goal:

The winner of this round will be the player that gets the furthest distance (measured in meters). My personal record is over 11km!

Submission:

In order to submit a score as a possible winner, you must post a screencap or photo under these conditions:

• The image needs to show your high score, either the opening scene of the flash, or an end game image.
  • The image MUST be posted in thread. No PMed or IMed submissions will be accepted!
  • To verify that the score you submit is actually taken for the Challenge, the screenshot image must include PokéBeach open in a separate tab. See here for an example. If there's info in a full screenshot like this that you don't want to show, open it in Paint first and black the sensitive stuff out.
  • If you would prefer to take a picture (such as if you are playing on mobile), you should include a post-it or other piece of paper with your PokéBeach username written on it. Like this! Both your score and the username must be legible.
  • You may post as many entries as you like under the deadline has been reached and the highest one will count as your final submission.
  • The deadline for Round 1 is Saturday, February 13th at 3:06pm Central European Time. That is the same as 2:06pm GMT, 9:06am Eastern US time, 6:06am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.

Players:

The players for each team for this round are:

Amber Phoenixes: @Celever
Palatinate Cynogryphons: @thegrovylekid
Xanadu Taniwha: @Vracken

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Good luck everyone!

As a reminder, Round 2 will start immediately upon reaching the deadline of Round 1, unless I am not around to post it. If I am not here (which should only be an issue for this round), the round will start as soon as I can post up the next game, and the ending deadline time will be changed to give you the full 48 hours to play.

Last edited:
It should be. I was able to download it just fine, and there's even a picture of what it looks like in this post. That's just Android, though; I can't test the Apple store, obvs, but the site says there's an Apple version available.

I so want to win this round...

nanaca1.png

It's okay that you personally can't do anything. That's sometimes just a part of team challenges, after all. If you make it to the singles round, it will mean trouble for you, though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back