Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's your official reminder for Round 4! This round will end in a little less than 7 hours, and we still haven't seen any submissions yet. Come on, guys, I want to know how you're doing! :D

Round 4 ends at 3:18pm CET, or at the other times as shown in the original round post.

I will probably not be here to submit Round 5 right at the deadline because I have a bunch of errands to run this afternoon. R4 still ends at the deadline whether I'm here or not, but (as usual) I will extend the Round 5 deadline to match whenever I get home to post it up.

Good luck and have fun!

Here we go

itkmf6L.png

Ctusfne.png

Nvv0TEK.png

Z1aapkJ.png

APf9d92.png
Su0rYY4.png

pwGPzxR.png
SXVaUB8.png
hrDVdeo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a Bidoof
q4JQNcg.png
And a Wurmple
vGClhj8.png
The Shiny Sentret is actually super cute:
NQ4Esjd.png
Trainer Card:
4gAgZWd.png

GG Vracken, well played. Sorry team.

Game Round 5:
N
Game Link

Our final game for this round is N, a semi-platformer flash game with fun physics and addicting gameplay originally introduced in 2005. You play as a ninja, and your goal is to escape from various rooms while dodging obstacles and stealing gold. You can die in many interesting ways, including falling from dangerous heights or getting shot by laser cannons. Each level gets progressively more complex and difficult to complete.

N has experienced some pretty strong popularity throughout the years, and has inspired different versions available on multiple platforms such as N+ for the DS/PSP/XBLA, and N++ for the PS4 (and soon coming to Steam). The version that we will be playing is the most recently updated flash version available on their website, N v2.0. In addition to the browser version, you can also download a version of the game (available for PC, Mac, and Linux) here.

How to Play:

Move your ninja to hit the control panel to open the door and then escape through it. The game's controls are very simple: move left, move right, jump, and suicide. However, using these controls to actually complete the levels becomes more complex as the game progresses, as you need to move carefully to dodge a wide variety of obstacles and navigate difficult terrain. Each level has a timer as well, though collecting gold adds to your available time.

Goal:

Your goal is to complete as many episodes as possible. When you first start a new game, the episode selection screen looks like this. Selecting one of the available numbers allows you to play that episode. Each episode contains 5 levels that must be completed in a row. Once all the levels in an episode are complete, the next episode unlocks, like so. Each non-starting episode awards you 1 point. So, this screenshot shown above is worth 1 point in total. Unlock as many new episodes as possible to earn the most points!

Submission:

In order to submit a score as a possible winner, you must post a screencap or photo under these conditions:

• Your submitted image must be of the episode selection screen like this
  • The image MUST be posted in thread. No PMed or IMed submissions will be accepted!
  • To verify that the score you submit is actually taken for the Challenge, the screenshot image must include PokéBeach open in a separate tab. See here for an example. If there's info in a full screenshot like this that you don't want to show, open it in Paint first and black the sensitive stuff out.
  • If you would prefer to take a picture, you should include a post-it or other piece of paper with your PokéBeach username written on it. Like this! Both your score and the username must be legible.
  • You may post as many entries as you like until the deadline has been reached and the highest one will count as your final submission.
  • The deadline for Round 3 is Sunday, February 21st at 3:19pm Central European Time. That is the same as 2:19pm GMT, 9:19am Eastern US time, 6:19am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.

Players:

The players for each team for this round are:

Amber Phoenixes: @Jabberwock
Palatinate Cynogryphons: @Mr.Muffin
Xanadu Taniwha: @bbninjas

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Good luck everyone!

As a reminder, Round 5 is the final scheduled round! In the event of a tie for last place, a tie-breaker round will begin on Sunday. Otherwise, the challenge will proceed to elimination.

Round 4 Results:

With a score of 151 @Vracken wins! The Xanadu Taniwha gain 1 team point for the challenge. Vracken will also receive an extra SoSMA as a prize for his win, but not until the end of this challenge.

Current Team Point Standings:

Xanadu Taniwha: 3
Amber Phoenixes: 1
Palatinate Cynogryphons: 0

Last reminder for submissions! You've got a bit over 6.5 hours left for this game. :D

And there's the deadline for Round 5!

Round 5 Results:

With a score of 21 @bbninjas wins! The Xanadu Taniwha gain 1 team point for the challenge. BB will also receive an extra SoSMA as a prize for his win, but not until the end of this challenge.

Current Team Point Standings:

Xanadu Taniwha: 4

Although the results of this challenge are fairly clear, I will not be able to post a formal results post until later today (or perhaps tomorrow). In the meantime, the Palatinate Cynogryphons can begin discussing elimination if they wish.

I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge!

gkju05b.png

For the next week, the various teams had a lot of fun playing a selection of Challesian games. Some games required thought and planning, others simple time dedication. The Taniwha took a strong lead and managed to win the most games, but of course, this wasn't a competition to find a winner, but instead a loser.

Sadly, the Palatinate Cynogryphons had a bad run and couldn't manage to win a single game. Disheartened, the stood in a row together in front of Queen Athena on her throne, each hanging their head and refusing to meet her eye. The other challengers stood in the back and gossiped between them about who they thought would be eliminated.

"I'm afraid the time has come for another elimination," the Queen said calmly. "Please discuss amongst yourselves who will be staying and who will be leaving. You will, as usual, have a full two days to make your decision, but no longer. I'm afraid the next challenge is rather time sensitive, and I don't want to leave my subjects waiting too long."

With a wan smile, she raised her hand and dismissed them.

Challenge 6 Results
The Challesian Games Rally

The final scores for the teams are as follows:

Xanadu Taniwha: 4

As such, the Palatinate Cynogryphons will be facing elimination.

I hope you all had a lot of fun playing the games! Some of them could maybe have used more time to play, but overall I didn't want to have this challenge last too long, and the time restrictions affected everyone equally at least.

Prizes!

@bbninjas, @Celever, @Vracken, and @Vom will all be receiving a SoSMA for their individual wins, 2 for BB, and 1 for everyone else.

If you're wondering how many SoSMAs you have, here is a screenshot of my spreadsheet that should show you.

Elimination

1. Each member of the losing team(s) must vote for a member of their team to be eliminated from the game. Provide your vote in an individual PM with me in the format "vote: [username]". You are of course welcome to discuss elimination with your teams if you wish, so long as all votes are sent to me privately.
  2. Elimination deadlines will always be 48 hours from the time of the results post. In this particular instance, this means that all elimination votes are due by Tuesday, February 23rd at 4:30pm CET. That is the same as 3:30pm GMT, 10:30am Eastern US time, 7:30am Pacific US time, or approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone.
  3. Every team member for the losing team(s) must submit an elimination vote by the deadline. If you do not, your vote will count as a vote to eliminate yourself.
  4. All Challenge 7 participants (whether they are on eliminating teams or not) may choose to use 1 SoSMA to act as a negative elimination vote for a non-self/team player of your choice. Detailed information about can be found below in the spoiler. Any Scrolls used in this matter must be submitted to be via PM by the same 48 hour deadline as the elimination votes.
  5. Once all votes and Scroll uses have been tallied, the player from each eliminated team with the most votes will be permanently removed from the game.
  6. In the event of a tie, the winning team of the previous challenge gets to choose who of the tied candidates is eliminated.

Scroll of Summon Magical Assistant: Elimination Use

Each of you started with a number of Scrolls of Magical Assistant, a magic item that can be used to give you various advantages throughout the game. Each time a new use of the item is revealed, it will be posted about in the Update (like this section here and now), and also added to the OP for easy reference. Please Note: Each Scroll is single use only! Once you use a Scroll for any purpose it is used up and your total number of scrolls goes down by one. If you ever want to know how many scrolls you currently have available at any given point, feel free to ask.

SoSMA 1: Negative Elimination Vote: Every time there is an Elimination, all current players may choose to use one scroll to act as a "negative" elimination vote on a player of their choice. This will subtract a vote from that player's total number of votes. If a player reaches 0 votes in this manner, they cannot be eliminated. In negative votes override all of the votes for a given team, that team becomes safe and none of their players will be eliminated.

However, there are of course some restrictions:
  1. You may never use a Scroll to give a negative vote on yourself, or even another member of your team. You may only use scrolls to save members of other teams. Feel free to communicate and work out deals with other teams, if you wish.
  2. You may never use 2 Scrolls in a row to give a negative vote to the same person. If you choose to use a Scroll as a vote for the current elimination, the next time you use a Scroll must be either for a non-elimination purpose, or used as a negative vote for a different member.

As an example, let's suppose that Team1 is voting for elimination. 2 members of the team vote for Player1 to be eliminated and 2 other members vote for Player2 to be eliminated.

Instance 1 - Player5 uses a Scroll on Player1. The score would then be 2 to 1 and Player2 would be the one eliminated.
Instance 2 - Player5 and Player6 each use a Scroll on Player1. Player7 and Player8 each use a Scroll on Player2. The score would then be 0 to 0, all votes nullified, and Team1 becomes safe from elimination.

If you have any questions about this particular use of SoSMA, please ask!

The Next Challenge?

The next challenge will begin after Elimination has been completed, so it will go live sometime on Tuesday. I can't really think of any good hints to give, so I guess you'll just have to wait and see. :U

Since Challenge 6 is over, this is the best time for me to hand my letter of resignation.

Honestly, like every other Pokebeach Activity, The Challenge: Season 7, offered something that is hard to deliver. I'm talking about fun. Organized by dear friend and queen and with an innovative plan in mind, the Challenge had the recipe-of-success set. So, after being enchanted by the world of Challesia, I thought of testing my own luck. Unfortunately, time was not on my side. I could have never thought that this game which had started in December wouldn't have been completed by the end of the February. And so, since this is a very rough period of my life, which will define my future, as a person, and my career, I can't but fully devote myself to my work. As a result I would have to resign from the competition.

Moreover, I must admit that this competition gave me many more than I would've thought. It gave me the chance to meet amazing new people like my wonderful teammates of Amber Phoenixes. (from both versions :p) How can I forget the great effort we had put as a team for the first challenge creating an awesome banner. Or how we discussed about the build of the Challesian history (although our effort went to waste, because of deadline issues...) Or Celever's commitment to the team and hard work for the rounds of Challenge 6. These small things make me absolutely happy to have signed in for such an awesome Activity.

My only regret is that I leave my team with one less member. I deeply apologise, I hope I would have offered more, but it was beyond my powers. And last but not least, although it may sound weird I feel sorry for my avatar: Reinhold the Lionheart... :p I had created a small forbidden-love-backstory of him and the princess of Challesia Amara... Poor Reinhold... If he had won he would have lived a happy life...

I don't know if i can still participate in any other PB activity... I may only check the news. So, this is a farewell until our favourite time of the year, the summer. I would like to thank everyone for this forum activity, especially Athena for making it happen. You have my gratitude :D

-Green778 / Reinhold the Lionheart

Welp, I guess we're going to be short 2 people at the start of Challenge 7. That... changes things significantly. I'll have to think about this. Sorry you didn't have the time to play anymore, but thanks for taking part.

*snipped*
Mathas sits silently for a few moments, then lowers his head.
"I understand. I am sorry to see you go, as we all are. It was an honor to meet you as well, and to be by your side for as brief a time it was.
I hope our paths cross once again in the future."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back