Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to people who have been suspecting me
Yeah I definitely did tunnel Tyler way too hard but that was mostly cause I thought Tyler had the best case on him Goomy seemed like a nervous townie to me I didn’t understand the one on DFL and I sort of forgot most of the case on Samwise
I understand why you suspect me but I’m not scum I’m also still kinda new to this so of course my readings are not going to be as good and my reactions to people being suspected are going to be suspicious I’m not trying to use this as my full defense but just saying to keep this in mind when judging my actions

OOOOOOOOOK, so I'm back.
Let me see what I gathered from today:

1. I like sm's case on TE. For the moment I'm really sold on this; but not voting yet because... (reason below)

2. So Gommy's info on jplap was... well, at least it's info. It's still to be seen how important is that QT in the development of the game.

Urgh. What leads do we have? The only thing i can notice rn is that @Acetrainer_Samwise is playing very aggressive. Especially against me. I mean. Sure I have been "lurking". But Yeah. Timezones and my Spreadsheet are a thing.
Even despite that. Come On. Do you need to call me out 3 bloody times? It just seems to me like somebody really needs a pig to go to the guilotine for the scum team...
I believe this could be called "Tunneling"
I agree, it's worth taking into account. *Saves for future reference*

@Professor_jplap, wish i had mimikyu, its my favorite pokemon :)

Hell, no

##UNVOTE:pikachuuuu101
##VOTE:triplemo

This is my vote for today. HEven though he's a newbie he's one of two:
a. An inexperienced player that has 0 clue how to contribute and had literally a week since Game Start (and even more time beforehand!) to do so but had no intentions of learning
b. A trolly player that gives a Mankey's bare rear what everyone is saying to him.

We need neither of those. He's better off gone than a detrimental town.

You’re feel scummy!
##VOTE: scattered mind
Besides the fact that you feel scummy, I have no other evidence on anything.
And best of all, since it’s completely random, you can’t defend yourself!
Bingo!

You’re feel scummy!
Bingo!

Really? Another one?
You better at least try to be of use unless you want to be next in my to-lynch list right after triplemo.
"You feel scummy" is as solid as "hey, bbninjas, you're scum because I say so"; and a trolly post does nothing but help you dig a grave for you to dive in.
Do some reasoning. We have enough fluff already.

You’re feel scummy!
Bingo!
Why would you want to force anyone without evidence on them into a situation where they can’t defend themselves? That sounds like a scummy motive.

I have never seen a game with so many players that refuse to contribute seriously. The above post from Goomy is simply distracting and I consider it scummy. I'm going over each player that I think should improve their posts if they don't want to get lynched sooner or later.

The Last Shaymin
If anyone jumped on the Tyler B bandwagon it was The Last Shaymin, a shame no one confronted him with that. Besides his vote there are only a few fluff comments. ''I'm online, you can ask me questions now'' isn't at all helpful during day 1. We don't interrogate players only when they're online.

Dusk Form Lycanroc
Lycanroc is good at agreeing with others... A lack of time does not justify jumping on wagons. You should have your own input even if it isn't a complete case. To be fair you did contribute at the beginning of day 1. You confronted players and even shared some reads. The execution could be better but please hold on to this more active playstyle.

Pikachuuuuu101
Another new player with very little input of their own, but in my opinion not the worst of the bunch. Pika did jump on the Tyler B bandwagon without properly explaining his vote. However Pika did attempt to play the game and apply some pressure. At least he did not shy away from confrontation after the random voting stage ended, refusing to comment as many others did. Don't shy away now Pika.

Triplemo
Mimikyu is one of my favourites too!!! But this isn't the Everyone's Favorite Pokémon thread (Fairy Pokémon will be the subject of next week) So please what are your thoughts on the current situation? Your activity needs to go way up.

Lord Goomy
You get the concept of this game, you can call players innocent or scummy. Let me tell you something new: you can do even more than that. Explanation is the key here. I'm keeping my vote on you until your accusations have a base.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Lord Goomy

0 Pikachuuuu101: LuisPipe8, LordGoomy
0 Yog: Acetrainer_Samwise
1 AnimePsyclone: Megapod
1 Gekki: Yog
3 Triplemo: Simsands, DFL, Professor_jplap, LuisPipe8
2 Mirdo: Acetrainer_Samwise, GM Draclord
1 Prof_jplap: Lord_Goomy, Mirdo, Robin Aisaga
1 Total_Epicness: Scattered Mind
1 Scattered Mind: Lord Goomy
1 Lord Goomy: Robin Aisaga

That should read just (1) on Mirdo but no editing allowed. We have only 36 hours left in this day and my vote on Gekki is not happening I guess ##UNVOTE: Gekki

Intentional echo to the post above me, we have waaaay too many people who need to pick it up either in terms of attendance or actual contributions while they are here. Interesting that Pikachuuu managed to shed all those votes without even posting. A this point a Day 2(!) Policy Lynch would not be out of the question for me. Triplemo most pressingly after that 'contribution', but Pikachuuu would also fit that bill.

With Goomy, his reveal of last night's interactions with jplap could be read as scummy, but he could just as easily have kept it all to himself and played the mole in that chat, so for me it's just weak town play.

I would prefer a more solid option along the lines of Gekki or Epicness (his defense is sound enough though) of someone who is actively suspicious rather than just feeling like a hindrance, but I'll ##VOTE: Triplemo for now.

Correcting and updating this before I lead people astray

0 Pikachuuuu101: LuisPipe8, LordGoomy
0 Yog: Acetrainer_Samwise
1 AnimePsyclone: Megapod
0 Gekki: Yog
4 Triplemo: Simsands, DFL, Professor_jplap, LuisPipe8, Yog
1 Mirdo: Acetrainer_Samwise, GM Draclord
1 Prof_jplap: Lord_Goomy, Mirdo, Robin Aisaga
1 Total_Epicness: Scattered Mind
1 Scattered Mind: Lord Goomy
1 Lord Goomy: Robin Aisaga

Call me when rvs is over.

Yeah I hate rvs and refuse to participate in it.

I'm going to be scarce for most of the game day, actually. I've got articles to edit that need to take priority; the end of the month is also kinda hectic for me as I have both this month's and next month's tournaments to handle.

As Yog said, day 1 is largely a crapshoot. Someone is going down and I will support any wagon that isn't mine as long as the reasoning behind it isn't 100% hokey. (I'll settle for 40% hokey.) ;)

I will also vote to string up anyone who thinks no lynch d1 is a good idea (not sure if that's allowed in this setup though).

Newcomers feel like new town, mostly. Nothing stands out tooooo much yet but I don't like how Samwise folded immediately with a little pressure. That's something new scum does when they feel "oh damn I got caught out right away, the jig is up"

You should never include rvs votes in your cases @scattered mind.

A vote always has weight. Voting shows you are serious about your accusation. A vote is the town's main weapon. Don't be afraid to vote.

Don't do this. If we're not in rvs anymore, then the time for troll and meme posting is over.

You have literally zero standing to say something like this >:O

This is a null read, saying your and our is functionally the same thing, but saying our is more incorrect, assuming scattered mind is town.

Anime Psyclone is playing too cautiously.

Don't ever do this. Even if you are scum, if you want anyone at all to get on board with your cases you're gonna have to spell out your reasoning every time. You can assume that people are going to ask for your cases every single time, so get used to putting your reasons in your accusatory post (like scattered mind did with what's-his-name).

Flipping town in all your past games doesn't mean anything, you know that. Mentioning it is misleading, especially with all the new people.

:|

Lay off DFL for now. He's active and is genuinely trying to contribute. He may have made a few questionable posts, but that's to be expected, it's his first game. He's read the terminology thread (something I'm willing to bet most of the others haven't done) and is asking questions. I understand that this does not definitively mean he is town, but I think that what he's done so far has earned him a reprieve from the hokey-ass day one lynch.

I was also going to iso Lord Goomy's posts to see if I could glean anything useful from it, but Jade already did it for me.

Lord Goomy, like Firo in my last game, is playing new scum. Unlike DFL, who is a model example of how new town should play, Lord Goomy's posts have been wasted on pointless garbage that don't help anyone, least of all himself. Given that he is the front-runner for the day one lynch, his is something that should be concerning him greatly, but instead of asking his advisor for help (or just taking the advice given to him by others in thread) he does nothing but whine and go "shucks, guess I'm lynched because I panicked." This defeatist attitude is non-alignment indicative but if we're going to lynch someone today I wouldn't complain if it was Lord Goomy.

##vote: @Lord Goomy

You need to try if you want people to back off. The day one lynch is never rock solid and there is a lot of room for swaying others' opinions. But if you just raise the white flag the moment people start pressuring you, and you refuse to contribute in any meaningful way, your time among the living is going to be woefully short. Do something. This is what your advisor is for...

In regards to Anime Psyclone, he is playing cautious new town. Some of his posts are fluffy, but he is at least making an attempt at scumhunting, which is already far more than what Lord Goomy has done.

Also, I think that if a new player asks for clarification on something, we should cut them a break and point out the exact post in question. While they should be paying attention to the thread (take note, newbies), I think everyone would be better served by spelling it out and getting it out of the way - at least on day one of their first game.

FoS to @triplemo for his blatantly obvious doodoo post. I would almost rather see him strung up than Lord Goomy, but Lord Goomy needs more pressure.

Also holy shit, 14 to lynch? I had no idea there were this many players in the game. A few pages ago when I saw Lord Goomy get 7 or 8 votes I thought that was the end. Guess bribing people worked better than I thought.

He starts off the day in a regular PMJ fashion, "don't care who gets lynched as long as it isn't me".

Town advisor has 20+ people to watch over. I don't think it's too much to ask to be a nice player and help out here and there.

Why is it 17 to lynch with 27 players in the game?

Gekki is a dude and posts a lot.

Yes. We have people waiting to play. There is no reason to take an opportunity to do that from them.

There are times when it is better to modkill than replace, but those instances are not common and this is not one of them.

To clarify, when I said yes, I was confirming that this was standard practice for inactive players and not meaning to imply anything about his role.

He then follows up with a bunch of weak posts, mostly host related.

##unvote
##vote: Tyler Beta

Active lurking, won't contribute, makes excuses. Takes a passive stance because he can just have his scum buddies catch him up in the scum chat later. More votes please.

Towards the end of the day, he suddenly starts pushing for a new target. This strikes me as odd, as he was already voting Goomy, who out of all the players would've given the most amount of info going into day 2. Looking back at his vote on Goomy, it was mostly a push to get Goomy to start properly defending himself. The shift to Tyler looks like an attempt to steer votes away from Goomy, after scattered provided him with the opportunity.

pika is definitely scum, he's not even paying attention to the thread or the things he's said. Phoning it in like a true scum lord. We found our day two lynch.

FoS to literally everyone on pika's wagon lmao

And then we get to this contradiction/backpedal. This is where my scum alarm went off. He was called out for it, but never responded.

He has since been missing for the entirety of day 2, which is where he would usually start showing up for real. He has definitely been watching the thread, so lurking?

In summary:
  • Uncharacteristic pushing of new players
  • Looks to be defending Goomy
  • Contradiction/backpedal
  • Lurking?
I previously mentioned the possibility that pika moved his vote because he saw his scumbuddy do the same. This also explains the contradiction/backpedal on pika. My suggestion is a PMJ/Goomy/pika scumteam.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: PMJ

He has since been missing for the entirety of day 2, which is where he would usually start showing up for real. He has definitely been watching the thread, so lurking?

In summary:
  • Uncharacteristic pushing of new players
  • Looks to be defending Goomy
  • Contradiction/backpedal
  • Lurking?
I previously mentioned the possibility that pika moved his vote because he saw his scumbuddy do the same. This also explains the contradiction/backpedal on pika. My suggestion is a PMJ/Goomy/pika scumteam.
You think PMJ is the scumiest of those?
I mean not beeing around can jsut have IRL reasons but it sure is a bit odd...
I felt like PMJ was acting a bit odd when i read some of his things too.

Should I claim my role?
Why? Is there a reason to it? It's fairly early into the game. Is it gonna help us find a scum if you do?

Should I claim my role?

You should only claim if the benefits of you claiming outweighs the downsides of scum knowing your role.

You think PMJ is the scumiest of those?
I mean not beeing around can jsut have IRL reasons but it sure is a bit odd...
I felt like PMJ was acting a bit odd when i read some of his things too.

Both of the other two are scum reads based on the idea that PMJ is scum. I mentioned earlier in the day that I wasn't even considering Goomy being scum, only turning into a scum read after noticing the connections with PMJ.

I actually liked this post though, at the time;
FoS to literally everyone on pika's wagon lmao

In retrospect it's easy to see Tyler & Blakers were well-intentioned town but I wouldn't be hanging PMJ for a change of opinion based on how events played out. I'd voted on Pikachuu too. But when I woke up there was a torrent of votes in Blakers-Jplap-Tyler that reeked of bandwagon. I got off the wagon before it could be hammered and at that point this comment was made.

Everyone I think I figured out who killed Blakers/Latios
I don’t know who exactly did it but I think I figured out the role
It’s probably a role where if they can figure out someone’s Pokémon/role that person is killed it would make sense with the writing as it’s like “I wrote your name down now you’re dead” it would also make sense with some Pokémon namely Smeargle or any other writing/ art based Pokémon to kill in this way

So until we figure out whoever is doing this it is not safe to claim your roles so don’t do it. if whoever claimed Mimikyu died tonight it will prove me correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back