Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Day 3 Ends!

Two main candidates for the lynch went head-to-head that day. One of the Pokemon was accused of not following through on expectations, the other suspected for being too trivial and unhelpful. With votes scrambling, one of the Pokemon made a claim - what was said to be their powers - but would be enough to turn the votes?

Anime Psyclone was lynched! He was:
You are Tropius, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. Once the spirit of Dhelmise, you took possession of this weird banana-dragon thing part way through this crisis, aspiring to a more mischievous life. Now, you’re right sick and tired of all these good-for-nothing kids climbing all over you and eating your bananas. This isn't quite the new beginning that you had hoped for!

Passive Ability: A Late Possession
The Mischief Makers decided beforehand that it would be good to set up a means of communication to discuss their plans with each other during all hours of the day and night. There's just one problem. You took over this body after it gained access to that secret chat, and now you have no clue how to access it! At least you know who the others are (sent to you in a second post), even if they may not know of you...

Active Ability: Fruits of Your Labors
Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player and one of the fruits listed below. You will pass that fruit to that player, who may choose to eat it or pass it on to another player. Each fruit may be chosen only once.

Apicot Berry - This is a very, very mystifying Berry. There is no telling how it can be used, or what may happen if it is used.
Belue Berry - This glossy and colorful Berry has a mouth-wateringly delicious appearance. However, it is awfully sour.
Chople Berry - This Berry contains a substance that generates heat. It can even heat up a chilly heart.
Enigma Berry - A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.
Pinkan Berry - After tasting the sweetness of this berry, one becomes compelled to eat more of it. The vivid pink pigment that colours its flesh is widely sought as a dye.
Rabuta Berry - Even though it is bitter, it should be eaten peel and all. The hair on the peel cleans the stomach from the inside.
Starf Berry - This Berry is considered a mirage. It was said to be so strong that it had to be abandoned at the world’s edge.​

Win Condition: Achieve parity or better with the Innocent Beachgoers.

They seem to have been holding an Item.

Many beach-goers were surprised by such results. Although their suspicions on this Mischief Maker had been correct, the condemning evidence seemed to originate from before Anime Psyclone's motives changed! Did they just get lucky?

Night 3 Begin!
Night 3 ends in 39 hours, on 08:00 Sunday, 15 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

@rainyman123 has been subbed out, and @Tapu Lele will be taking their place. Thanks Lele!

As per normal, we will not be accepting actions once the deadline specified above passes. A short period after this deadline falls will be used to process the actions and send out results PMs.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Some players were thrown into the spotlight during the night:

Someone learns a new dance.
Someone sits around doing absolutely nothing.
Someone shines a spotlight on some Pokemon.
Someone goes along with what they say.
Someone draws another Pokemon into a trap.
Someone swaps their soul with another Pokemon.

The skies open up to depict a vision, and somehow - mysteriously - the beachgoers know deep down that the vision is accurate and true. The Pokemon Absol is in the game, and is aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers!

Night 3 ends!

The beachgoers were relatively more cheery as the sun rose that morn, knowing that they had successfully eliminated one of the dreaded Mischief Makers. Even still, they knew that their revenge could not be prolonged forever...

mordacazir has been killed! They were:

You are Krabby, and you’re aligned with the Innocent Beachgoers. You aren’t really all that crabby, though you can understand where the confusion comes from––really, you’re just Krabby. Unfortunately, explaining this out loud can be a real challenge. You’ve sort of given up on that.

Active Ability: Treasure Hunt
You’ve had a lot of practice scouring for treasure in all your free time––which you get quite a lot of, as people tend to stay away from you, thinking for some reason that you’re always crabby. Each Night Phase, you may activate this Ability by PMing me. You will scour the beaches for random junk––I mean, treasure! If you do, you will receive an Item at the end of the Night Phase.

Win Condition: Eliminate the Mischief Makers.

They seem to have been holding some Items.

Day 4 Begin!
Day 4 ends in 66.5 hours, on 02:00 Thursday, 19 April (UTC +0).
Click [this countdown] for the exact deadline end in your timezone.

There are 19 players alive, and the majority for an early lynch is 10 votes.

@FlavorfulPineApl will be subbed out or modkilled within the next 24 hours if he hasn't made a substantial post.
@GekkisaiDaiNi will be subbed out or modkilled if he is hasn't made about 3 substantial posts during this Day Phase.

Last edited:

Yog

Rogue
RIP in peace Mordi.

On the plus side, that was a solid lynch the day before. The best thing about it is it seems he is the one that went to the dark side, so we can trust our Day 1 reads again. Additionally if he only changed, we can look to who he was protecting yesterday and maybe find a buddy in the mix.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I have listed all the interactions with AP. tAP=town AP before he has changed. sAP= scum AP

D1

tAP voted DFL for being too aggressive

tAP votes Sam after my case on Sam

Rainy puts FoS on tAP for bandwagon and for me and him being scum buddies

I give tAP list of things to respond to.

tAP simply unvotes

Gekki says tAP doesn’t contribute much but puts a lot of votes

tAP asks me to explain again

I tell him I already explained and Gekki seconds me

tAP says Goomy has no idea what’s going on

Yog says he reads AP as townish

MegaPod says AP’s not answering me is worrying.

tAP again asks me to repeat my post

Sam puts FoS on tAP for asking the question only once the pressure was off of him

I explain why I think tAP is scummy.

Quaking defends tAP

tAP asks for the questions again

Gekki blames him for I have repeated them

tAP votes DFL

Gekki votes tAP for stalling

tAP defends himself

I confront him again and then he says he is confused so I tell him I will back off because he’s new and he’ll have until the next day to improve

Blakers is trying to understand why tAP won’t answer the questions.

tAP makes a very useful post about DFL quoting him how he changed from aggressive to not.

Dashking suspects tAP and asks him why stalling

Jade does ISO on tAP. Blaming him for stalling

PMJ defends tAP for playing cautious town

Morda agrees with tAP being scummy and playing like he did when he was scum for the first time

Morda asks Yog about tAP

Yog says AP is scummish but only for the AtE part and thinks that in general is not that scummy.

Goomy defends tAP

MegaPod worries about Goomy defending AP with no reason.

tAP says he is gathering evidence

tAP says that nobody listens to his case on DFL, saying he’ll get the evidence soon

D2

MegaPod votes tAP suspecting that he tried to shift attention to DFL from Goomy, who defended him earlier

tAP says that since he is not dead DFL is probably not Mafia

Page 26 sim posts this and it is implied that he wants to say something on AP but keeps it for later for some reason

"Yesterday, most of the focus went on Dusk Form Lycanroc, Lord Goomy, Anime Psyclone and pikachuuuu101 (and Tyler).

Both DFL and Goomy, I'm reading as genuine newbie town. They don't seem scummy to me.

pika got some attention later on during the day for jumping on the Tyler wagon without any ..

There is also one other player who I'm reading as scum, who I want to look into. Today is probably not good, but I'll try to get the time to read back tomorrow."

Sam puts tAP on the list of inactives that might be scums trying to hide

tAP asks whether he should claim

Mirdo asks why? Is it going to help us find scums?

Sim says he should not claim unless it’s very helpful

tAP votes Goomy

tAP says that soon he will build the case on Pika

Mega Pod says he is no longer sold on APlynch and votes TLS

I urge tAP to post the case on Pika and he responds that he’ll do that next day.

TE suggests that tAP might have a detective role

AP becomes a part of the mafians

SAP says he has done some research and he thinks Pika is scum

DFL asks him to list them

SAP responds with the evidence which is not that long like he implied earlier

DFL says that it’s not that long as he implied but whatever

Dash states that the only people who are remotely scummy are Pika and Mirdo, and does not include SAP, even though he blamed him during D1

D3

Yog says he reads SAP 60% town and that he cannot be scum with Pika

Sim urges SAP to post his case on Pika that he promised yesterday, ignoring the fact he already did that during D2

SAP says no there’s isn’t much more on Pika

Dash posts that he actually did some reading and could not find anything scummy.

GM votes SAP for buying a day with his promise.

Yog debates whether or not lynch Pika or SAP. he asks SAP for why he did that stalling with Pika’scase

Sam votes SAP

Yog votes SAP

TE lists his top 3 scum reads and does not refer once to SAP

SAP answering that it just went no where and that they probably expected more than they should

Pika votes SAP again for not giving the case

SAP says he did make the case

Jplap votes TLS ignoring SAP’s case

Mega Pod also addresses TLS but not SAP

Jplap asking for more votes

Mega POd votes TLS

DFL votes TLS and says that he is definitely the best lynch for D3

Luis votes TLS without mentioning SAP

Sim answers me on the SAP case with this:” Right, which is why I was curious if he was planning on pushing for him (pika) today as well.” But votes for Mirdo

Yog says AP is scummier than TLS even though TLS is scummy as well

Morda votes SAP

TE posts this to morda: “What are your thoughts on TSM cause apparently that’s the new thing”

Robin defends SAP (referring to his town time) and votes TLS

TLS votes SAP

Sam votes TLS

TE votes TLS

Sim defends both TLS and SAP but says this on SAP:” I have reasons to believe AP”

Sam asks sim such as?

TE says this might be a scum slip

Luis says he’ll have to look in to SAP

Sim says Neither is my reasoning necessary at this moment nor is it important enough to reveal.

And also he wants TE dead for tunneling him

TE is 100% sure sim is scum

Sam agrees sim is very sus

Sam votes SAP because sim Sims comment about him is very weird and has many other things that point to him being scum that have already been mentioned by other players…

Dash wants SAP and TLS to defend themselves not giving his opinion

Luis votes SAP because he believes TLS

DFL vote SAP

SAP hints towards his change

Both luis and TE don’t understand it and ask him to explain and not to hide

TLS suggest maybe let's change to sim

TE refuses although he would like it

--

I will list and explain the important quotes/points and my new suspects later on when I have time. Forgive me if there are any mistakes.

Yog

Rogue
oh cool, that saves me from about half the post I was about to make :D

Some other things of note though;
-TLS only eventually votes for AP when pushed to point out he had no vote placed and it was a one-or-the-other situation. AP still did not vote for TLS.

-Simsands put out that he did not want to vote for AP because of ~reasons~. When pushed for these reasons;

Blub blub blub.
Neither is my reasoning necessary at this moment, nor is it important enough to reveal.

Can we lynch TE tomorrow? This tunneling is ridiculous.

-Speaking of TE, one of Mord's posts from yesterday;
Uhmmmm this TLS thing is stupid. We want to lynch scum, but I think that case is ridiculous. I’d say we give him more time, and lynch AP. Also TE has gone up in my scum list.
He was far from the only person with a focus on TE, but he sounded like one that would pursue it today. Maybe the mafia's kill was to pre-empt that?

And back around to Sim again, the (too) late in the day push came from mostly TLS and TE.
You guys want to vote out sim?

we could maybe do it...

I don't hate the reasoning for pushing Simsands as an option, but I do hate the timing of trying to change it so close to the deadline. Especially since we now know that it was indeed a Mafiosa about to be lynched.

It would make a lot of sense to me, that AP & TLS are both mafia. Neither too willing to vote for the other, TLS trying to last-minute take the vote a different direction.

I can see arguments for Simsands too though. @ @simsands , any chance you want to explain the reasoning that 'wasn't important' yesterday?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Just reminding everyone that Mafia members didn't know for certain that AP was Mafia (Due to his ability).

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
I've been wondering... Might there be a Joker role (in which you win by being killed)?
It might explain the behavior of some members.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Looking over the comments close to the dead line I had similar thoughts as Yog. But an attempt to redirect doesn't make sense if scum didn't know AP was their ally. Still the pushing near the end of the day is out of the ordinary and I'm confident that either TE, TLS or their target simsands is scum. Lynching one of them today is going to provide us with some serious leads.

@Tapu Lele There are no independent factions as stated in the original post

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
@Robin Aisaga Thank goodness.

-TLS only eventually votes for AP when pushed to point out he had no vote placed and it was a one-or-the-other situation. AP still did not vote for TLS.

This idea is really interesting when you consider that mafia members did not know of AP, but AP knew of mafia. Of course there can be other factors responsible for something like this (like timing, willingness to make another post, valuing your own vote, thinking that voting will spur other votes against you, etc.), but it is interesting nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.