XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Baktwerel said:
FloodBadge said:
It's actually a shrimp...

A mantis shrimp to be precise :D Some of the most amazing animals on earth ( whoever never heard of them just read this "comic" and be amazed : http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp )

On the shiny Kanto hunt topic:

After over 40-50 battles, the gender was always male for all the starters (during the battle) but the nature and characteristic keeps changing.

Yay! Someone else here who likes theoatmeal!

I'm thinking, with the starters, that either the gender is set or the game was saved too late and the male characteristic will always be the same.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

NaturallyDark said:
Baktwerel said:
A mantis shrimp to be precise :D Some of the most amazing animals on earth ( whoever never heard of them just read this "comic" and be amazed : http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp )

After over 40-50 battles, the gender was always male for all the starters (during the battle) but the nature and characteristic keeps changing.

I'm thinking, with the starters, that either the gender is set or the game was saved too late and the male characteristic will always be the same.

I have saved right before the battle. But if the gender is a given because of when I saved, wouldn't their nature and characteristic be the exact same too? Maybe they are simply gender (and possibly shiny) locked because they are special NPC given Pokemon?

Baktwerel said:
NaturallyDark said:

I have saved right before the battle. But if the gender is a given because of when I saved, wouldn't their nature and characteristic be the exact same too? Maybe they are simply gender (and possibly shiny) locked because they are special NPC given Pokemon?

If that were the case, wouldn't their nature and characteristic stay the sa-- oh wait they do the shiny lock on legendaries too..

It'd be nice if this could be confirmed soon because I don't want to spend weeks soft resetting when there isn't even a chance to get a shiny xD

Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

Oh wait, Clauncher is apparently on Route 8 not 16! Can't find him in the water though...
Just Wailmer and Tentacool...

EDIT: Found one using a super rod! :)

Baktwerel said:
It'd be nice if this could be confirmed soon because I don't want to spend weeks soft resetting when there isn't even a chance to get a shiny xD

I don't understand the obsession with shiny Pokemon. Just play the game. That Pokemon is your friend, your ally. And you would throw it away because it isn't the right color? You're a horrible person.

(End roleplaying character rant)

In all seriousness though, shininess doesn't appeal to me. Generally I find that shiny Pokemon look almost....unnatural.

Xerneas new form - Netural Mode

This is kinda like Reshiram/Zekrom's overdrive mode. actually, like the opposite. What we've seen of Xerneas would be considered 'overdrive' because it's battle only.

716.png

I've been cruising along this game, but one thing i havent actually figured out is how/where do we get/find Mega stones?

Rune Yagami said:
Baktwerel said:
You're a horrible person.

:c

Not as horrible as those people who kept changing their choice of starters as the evolutions got revealed/leaked. Or do you consider this the same?

Oh well, I just want to know what Megazard Y would look like as a shiny. Also I'm waiting for my friend who didn't get her copy yet, don't want to get too far yet. Just figured trying to get a specific shiny would be a good way to spend time. Might as well just stick to Pokemon Amie until she gets her copy.

Baktwerel said:
FloodBadge said:
It's actually a shrimp...

You know what? When I read something like that, it makes me think... Maybe all Pokémon entries carry a lot of truth in them. Maybe Slurpuff really can smell stuff 100,100,100 times better than people and maybe Alakazam does have an IQ of 5000.

Here, have a sandstorm Vivillon.

tumblr_muh6kuFIRz1r8sc3ro1_500.jpg

Baktwerel said:
Rune Yagami said:
You're a horrible person.

Not as horrible as those people who kept changing their choice of starters as the evolutions got revealed/leaked. Or do you consider this the same?

Oh well, I just want to know what Megazard Y would look like as a shiny. Also I'm waiting for my friend who didn't get her copy yet, don't want to get too far yet. Just figured trying to get a specific shiny would be a good way to spend time. Might as well just stick to Pokemon Amie until she gets her copy.

I think choosing a starter based on leaks is cool, and I encourage it. But I have a group of friends who all SR until they get shiny starters, and then my normal one becomes the unique one. Also SRing to get shiny Pokemon butchers the special feeling you get when you find a shiny legitimately.

With regards to a question I saw earlier, my guess is that the stones used to mega evolve are not key items, since the Torchic will come with one.

Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

Oblivion_Wing said:
I've been cruising along this game, but one thing i havent actually figured out is how/where do we get/find Mega stones?

I've just done the 7th gym and in that time...

I got given Lucario with Lucarionite, Bulbasaur came with Venusaurite, I got handed Ampharosite by a randomer and some lady in the Fairy town place gave me Gengarite. Also, you get Abomasite from an Abomasnow that Team Flare are harassing... I'm not sure where you get more though!

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

mastermagpie said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

I got given Lucario with Lucarionite, Bulbasaur came with Venusaurite, I got handed Ampharosite by a randomer and some lady in the Fairy town place gave me Gengarite. Also, you get Abomasite from an Abomasnow that Team Flare are harassing... I'm not sure where you get more though!

Interesting. Alright, i'll keep an eye out thanks!

MegaMedicham? Didn't expect that one.

"Pokémon in Hordes also have a chance of having their Hidden Ability"
O Golly Ms. Molly this is amazing.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

Oblivion_Wing said:
mastermagpie said:

So Mega Stones are just giveaways? Anyway, Xerneas' new form looks, well, unnecessary I guess. There's no real need for it. Is it just a battle animation then?
Am I the only one only interested in Vivillion forms because we aren't completely sure how to get them (I think)? Not actually interested in the Pokemon itself, just the forms.

Re: RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

Dragon Pokémon said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

So Mega Stones are just giveaways? Anyway, Xerneas' new for looks, unnecessary I guess. There's no real need for it. Is it just a battle animation then?
Am I the only one only interested in Vivillion forms because we aren't completely sure how to get them (I think)? Not actually interested in the Pokemon itself, just the forms.

Those were... Not sure about the others! :)

Rune Yagami said:
Baktwerel said:

I think choosing a starter based on leaks is cool, and I encourage it. But I have a group of friends who all SR until they get shiny starters, and then my normal one becomes the unique one. Also SRing to get shiny Pokemon butchers the special feeling you get when you find a shiny legitimately.

I don't think SRing to get a shiny butchers the special feeling since, well, you likely put a heck of a lot of effort in to get it. I tend to like my hunted for shinies more than my random ones. After all, my hunted ones are typically species I like a lot, have colors I think look great, and have a lot of effort put into them. My random ones, while cool, tend to be species I favor less, colors I'm not really into, and lack that sense of achievement that comes with a hunted shiny. Of course, that's not to say I don't like my random shinies. I still like them a lot. I guess I'm just trying to say that a shiny is special either way.

Speaking of shinies, I'm really hoping someone will run into a shiny Goomy or Skrelp soon. I'd love to see what they look like. A know there's a photo of a skrelp floating around that people claim is shiny, but part of me still wonders if that wasn't just bad lighting or something.

As for Pokemon stuff, I hope a photo of Mega Banette surfaces soon. I'm really interested in seeing what it looks like and what type it has. Bet it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back