XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Chrono said:
Apparently, Klefki gets an attack called Crafty Guard which protects from Status moves, but NOT damaging moves.
What is the point of that? Why would you not just use Protect?
It seems odd to me that a move WORSE than Protect would be released.
Am I missing something?

Maybe you can use it alongside Protect, meaning you can alternate between using the two. This would be unlike detect, which can't be used alongside protect. With the two, it can stall against any special conditions, while healing with lefties.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I'm liking the recent diversity in trainer classes in recent games. I mean, DP was the first to really start adding any new good classes, and then BW added a whole lot more. I think the fact that they've got new couple classes, besides the "Couple" class, is also pretty cool! I hope they don't just replace some old classes like before. I hope to see all or most of the old classes in this one! Especially a Guitarist like the one in RSE (he seems the most modern of the Guitarist class, in my opinion).

98Greener said:
Oh, and speaking of "classes", have another couple.

tumblr_inline_mua0quWtrp1s6cpsh.jpg

i actually really like that, horray for originality!!

So.... Pokemon Amie and furnishing your Pokemons PokeBalls will increase it's odds of certain things happening in battle, and also add new things as well, like a Focus Sash effect.

But what does that mean for Competitive? Will all of these be disabled for competitive? Or will it just force people to Amie Train on top of EV Training? :p
Not to mention that added RNG... >_<

98Greener said:
Oh, and speaking of "classes", have another couple.

tumblr_inline_mua0quWtrp1s6cpsh.jpg

The difference between these last to classes...
Well, all I know is that even though i hate this class, the only invilvement I'll have with it is knocking out all their Pokemon since customizable characters means we won't be displayed as a trainer class of our choice online.

Still waitin' on that Fenrir legendary...

Is GF holding back on the event legendaries or complete pokedex until release day? Why must the make us wait...

Apexys said:
Is GF holding back on the event legendaries or complete pokedex until release day? Why must the make us wait...

Well actually GF got screwed when canada and italy released the game like two weeks before the game's actual release date. We weren't suppose to know this much about the game.

I think its possible there'll be 3-4 spots after Zygarde for event legends. Since gen IV there's been 4 event Pokemon, 2 cutesy Pokemon, and 2 more serious Pokemon with one of the Pokemon being the master or extra member of a trio.

Been offline for most of the weekend, and OMG like 50 pages of new stuff. Took me nearly 2 hours to sift through.

My reaction to most of the info is that it is cool. I like pretty much all of 6th Gen's new Pokemon. I'm okay with the ~70 number, because I like diverse teams, and it makes sense that certain regions would have a lot of Pokemon that can be found elsewhere. The Pokemon World wouldn't be very realistic, to me, if every region was largely isolated (species wise), from the others. I like that this region is such a mixed bag. Also, Kalos seems very centralized. If it is anything like the real world, Kalos would lie between Unova to the west and Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh to the east. Therefore, it makes sense that it would be the "crossroads" of the Pokemon World where a lot of Pokemon could be found. This also lends itself well to the relatively low number of new Pokemon this Generation.

I like this very, very much.

With regards to the gift starter from, Shauna, was it?:

This pretty much means that you want to pick the Kanto starter that is strong against your original Kalos starter, to have a F/W/G core.

Anyway, my real reaction is more of a WTF! Nintendo is going starter crazy! 3 starters in one game without trading?! (NPC not included because it doesn't require another system) That is just unprecedented, but I like it.

Also in the anime Ash has Charizard, Torkoal, Heracross, all of which get mega evos, so which do you think he will get in the anime?

RE: Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

P.DelSlayer said:
Not sure if this has been brought up, but apparently leakers have found the Mega Stones for Galvantula, Druddigon and Heracross.

If this is true, I am going to be the happiest person on earth!
Galvantula + Galvantulite can only = pure amazing awesomeness

Absolutely! I really hope it's true -- Galvantula is my all-time favorite! Beautiful special attacker, but its lackluster defenses and stealth rock weakness sometimes make it hard to use.

I'd love a Mega Galvantula that boosts its already nice SpA and Spe, perhaps accompanied by slight boost to one of its defense stats too (granted, it would really take a nice Def/SpD boost to really improve it).

Let's hope the rumors are true! Galvantulite!

So just to be clear, the Sea Spirit cave thing might have some sort of water type pokemon in it? Are there any pictures of the inside?

Rune Yagami said:
Also in the anime Ash has Charizard, Torkoal, Heracross, all of which get mega evos, so which do you think he will get in the anime?

I would assume Mega Charizard Y since Mega X got some face time in Pokemon The Origin
Also he already has Charizard with him (I think?)

BCWD93 said:
Rune Yagami said:

I would assume Mega Charizard Y since Mega X got some face time in Pokemon The Origin

According to another site he's alone with pikachu right now, but i don't think ash is the type of guy going mega.

EDIT: Anyone know if there is any hint about alternate mega forms for venusaur and blastoise?

wako_88 said:
BCWD93 said:

According to bulbapedia he's alone with pikachu right now, but i don't think ash is the type of guy going mega.

EDIT: Anyone know if there is any hint about alternate mega forms for venusaur and blastoise?

Venusaurlite was already found, no X or Y formes for them like with Charizard.

Any news on the different types of clothes? Also, it seems that there is not a fire gym? Maybe one in the E4?

MetalPharoah said:
wako_88 said:
According to bulbapedia he's alone with pikachu right now, but i don't think ash is the type of guy going mega.

Venusaurlite was already found, no X or Y formes for them like with Charizard.

OOHHH i really wanted a new mega venusaur form but just to be on the clear, do charizardlites are refer to as charizardlite x and y?

momoxmomo said:
Any news on the different types of clothes? Also, it seems that there is not a fire gym? Maybe one in the E4?

There's a fire elite 4 member that looks like a more female Lucian.

I honestly love the gym leaders and elite four. I just wish that there was a dark type gym.

I hope Pokémon Z has difference in gyms like Black and White 2 did, they replace 2 gyms with Flying and Dark :D yey

Spartansn1p3r said:
I hope Pokémon Z has difference in gyms like Black and White 2 did, they replace 2 gyms with Flying and Dark :D yey

Whoa, whoa, X and Y are not out yet and you are already planning your Z/zero wishlist?

And here I thought the games were the important thing... Maybe from now on GF should just release some footage and images of new pokemon and be done with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back