XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

But Poison/Ground would be weak only to Psychic, Water, and Ice.
And It'd be strong against Fairy, Electric, Fire, Poison, Steel, and Rock!!
It'd be immune to Electirc!!
Also, Steel is no longer resistant to Poison!!
Instant Uber right here!!

Ground/Ghost would be pretty sick since it has to "come up" form "hell". But Poison and ground need more love, bro lol

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Lone Wolf JLT said:

I've heard that Poison is still ineffective on Steel?

It still has the Ground type to counter Steel, so it's not like its defenseless against them.

Wasn't there a rumor that stated one of the legendaries was a key fairy. Does that mean the steel/fairy key pokemon we have right now is a legend?

Ohman177 said:
Wasn't there a rumor that stated one of the legendaries was a key fairy. Does that mean the steel/fairy key pokemon we have right now is a legend?

I think that rumor was debunked, I'm not sure. But no, Klefki is not a legendary, it was originally seen in a trainer battle.

stalkin_cat said:
Lone Wolf JLT said:
But Poison/Ground would be weak only to Psychic, Water, and Ice.
And It'd be strong against Fairy, Electric, Fire, Poison, Steel, and Rock!!
It'd be immune to Electirc!!
Instant Uber right here!!

Ground/Ghost would be pretty sick since it has to "come up" form "hell". But Poison and ground need more love, bro lol

what do you mean steel is no longer resistant to poison?
steel is inmune to poison o_O (well, if it were ground/poison it would kill steel)

There was a rumor going around that poison was no longer ineffective against steel I believe.

Ohman177 said:

That would be HORRIBLE!
Hoping it's some mouse-like messenger Fairy/Ghost creature. That'd be sick!

papakankri said:
Ohman177 said:

I think that rumor was debunked, I'm not sure. But no, Klefki is not a legendary, it was originally seen in a trainer battle.

stalkin_cat said:
what do you mean steel is no longer resistant to poison?
steel is inmune to poison o_O (well, if it were ground/poison it would kill steel)

There was a rumor going around that poison was no longer ineffective against steel I believe.

...The only nerfs Steel has is that Ghost and Dark now hit it for normal damage.
This was on, like the official type chart after Fairy.

P.DelSlayer said:
papakankri said:

...The only nerfs Steel has is that Ghost and Dark now hit it for normal damage.
This was on, like the official type chart after Fairy.

Oh, I though I saw it as Poison and Dark.
Well, it doesn't matter since if it was Poison/Ground, steel would be defenestrated immediately lol

Hey, this is a bit late, I know we sort of passed this conversation already, but I use some of the 24 hours in a day to sleep so I couldn't talk about it when it was being talked about. About the Battle Frontier...

I know we don't have it confirmed for being in this game, but I have to admit, the battle frontier was my absolute favorite part of of Generation 4! It was great for a new battling style on your own, or with a friend from time to time. Can't say enough good things about it, but when they took it out of Black and White, It killed me a little inside :( Because of it, after beating the elite four I just put the game down and went back to Heart Gold and Platinum.

What I want to know, is why they got rid of it for gen 5? Was it just not popular enough? Because I really want to see it make a return in Gen 6,maybe with even more ways to battle! but I don't know Nintendo's reasoning for getting rid of it in the first place. :/

papakankri said:
JORDYZOLANSKI said:
Pokémon O would make a lot of sense though, X and Y cross at O.

People are speculating that it's Z because of the cartesian coordinate system. The Z axis makes the graph 3D, and X and Y are in 3D.

Sure, but I don't see how that's a useful concept or how that gets us to the underworld or some other ideas.

I mean, not having played the games yet I'm obviously guessing here to some degree, but Y as the vertical axis is used to represent the sky theme and going upwards, while X is ground-level that is flourishing with life.

The Z-axis representing 3d is kinda redundant when pokemon games already take place in a 3d world, whereas the concept of the intersection of 2 axes is full of philosophical potential for example.

Mitja said:
papakankri said:
People are speculating that it's Z because of the cartesian coordinate system. The Z axis makes the graph 3D, and X and Y are in 3D.

Sure, but I don't see how that's a useful concept or how that gets us to the underworld or some other ideas.

I mean, not having played the games yet I'm obviously guessing here to some degree, but Y as the vertical axis is used to represent the sky theme and going upwards, while X is ground-level that is flourishing with life.

The Z-axis representing 3d is kinda redundant when pokemon games already take place in a 3d world, whereas the concept of the intersection of 2 axes is full of philosophical potential for example.

I was actually just mentioning that some people think the 3rd game is gonna be called Z, woops. Your ideas are really cool though. Hmm.

Mitja said:
papakankri said:

X is the axis that is flat, representing the surface, Y is the axis representing height, Z represents depth. That is why Z makes sense for an underground/underwater serpentine Pokemon

Pokewiz1999 said:
I can't believe people are using the Greninja'd term I came up with... xD

Pic of shiny Syleon. Old news. :/

Showing it anyway: http://instagram.com/p/fGCDv_pPEw/

I have a legit shiny eevee that will be happy to become a shiny Sylveon once Pokemon Bank comes out :D

Does anyone have a better link to the photo with all the leaked pokemon? Only one I could find was a few pages back and it's not showing up for me.

Bioluxx said:
Chrono said:
No new reveals today at all!

Just wait, they'll start pouring out later tonight.

AFTER we've all gone to bed XD

And seriously if there are only 90 new Pokemon in Kalos....although its not TERRIBLE, its just not at all preferable to anyone. would give little to no variety of entirely new creatures.

papakankri said:
Neal White said:
Does anyone have a better link to the photo with all the leaked pokemon? Only one I could find was a few pages back and it's not showing up for me.

Here's one. I'm fairly sure it has all the new ones.

That says that Goodra is just Dragon, has that been confirmed?

I'm not complaining about 90 Pokemon. Just last night it was 70. We could only have 50 who knows, in all honesty this is the FIRST 3D pokemon game like this. I think that is enough.

And what is this about a ghost/fairy messenger mouse

Apexys said:
Bioluxx said:
Just wait, they'll start pouring out later tonight.

And seriously if there are only 90 new Pokemon in Kalos....although its not TERRIBLE, its just not at all preferable to anyone. would give little to no variety of entirely new creatures.

Hey, that's twenty more than seventy, I'm not complaining! Hopefully we get another bug type, ground time and poison type though. They're all looking really lonely right now :( Also, another electric type, or an evolution for Dedenne would be cool (but I think it's a confirmed single evolution right?)

Also, in regards to my previous question, does anyone know why we didn't get a Battle Frontier in Gen 5? I think that would help determine if we might get one this generation.

Aerodactyl said:
Apexys said:

Hey, that's twenty more than seventy, I'm not complaining! Hopefully we get another bug type, ground time and poison type though. They're all looking really lonely right now :( Also, another electric type, or an evolution for Dedenne would be cool (but I think it's a confirmed single evolution right?)

Also, in regards to my previous question, does anyone know why we didn't get a Battle Frontier in Gen 5? I think that would help determine if we might get one this generation.

You know what would be awesome? A bug legend that like, is the king of bugs, has the ability to either split itself into clones like Deoxys and swarm the world, or just be able to control other pokemon LIKE a swarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back