XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Pokewiz1999 said:
papakankri said:
Could be. Josh also said that he hadn't unlocked the option to remove his hat though, so I don't know.
I'm more concerned about customization options than actual leaks haha.

I think it was confirmed you have to wear a hat. (Which is cool with me fedoras rule.)
Actually, in that video review someone posted earlier, the reviewer's character was hatless in the overworld for a few frames. Pretty sure you can do it at some point.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Still no word on the typing of Skrelp's evo, or Goodra's?

http://instagram.com/p/fF97FmJPMH/

Nothing new but interesting pic.

Pokewiz1999 said:
http://instagram.com/p/fF97FmJPMH/

Nothing new but interesting pic.

Screenshot from the WiFi Battle video from a while ago. But like you said, nothing new.

Bioluxx said:
Question, if there was Black 2 and White 2, is there gonna be an X squared and Y squared?

*Nerdy moment*

So, since the graphic representation of x^2=y^2 is a perfect circle *fake assumption starts*, then... omG! The so-called Z Legendary is Ouroboros (please tell me you got the joke)

Ok, but, thinking it for a moment, it makes sense xD

I know this has been talked about a lot, but, are we really expecting a Z legendary to come after Game Freak pulled the B2W2 joke? Not that the game was bad, but we didn't expect it. I'm considering either of the cases happening (3rd version or sequels), and getting prepared if they manage to surprise us with anything else.

halfrican said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I think it was confirmed you have to wear a hat. (Which is cool with me fedoras rule.)
Actually, in that video review someone posted earlier, the reviewer's character was hatless in the overworld for a few frames. Pretty sure you can do it at some point.

I can't believe it...a Pokemon game where you don't need a hat?
I'm still gonna wear one though, hats rule. :cool:

Cresceda said:
I was thinking, is there a possibility that there will be additional (so new and unobtainable in the game itself) megastones through mystery gift? Just like Torchic. I mean, if Dunsparce normally wouldn't get a megastone, would it be possible if there will be through events? (lol, Megadunsparce)

Darkraite. It must happen. Either a Darkrai holding stone distribution, or have Darkrai catchable in-game and have him hold it. Heh heh... If that were the case, I would use Thief then lose, Thief then lose, and get myself an infinite supply of Darkrai Mega Stones! >:)

NaturallyDark said:
Cresceda said:
I was thinking, is there a possibility that there will be additional (so new and unobtainable in the game itself) megastones through mystery gift? Just like Torchic. I mean, if Dunsparce normally wouldn't get a megastone, would it be possible if there will be through events? (lol, Megadunsparce)

Darkraite. It must happen. Either a Darkrai holding stone distribution, or have Darkrai catchable in-game and have him hold it. Heh heh... If that were the case, I would use Thief then lose, Thief then lose, and get myself an infinite supply of Darkrai Mega Stones! >:)

I could find Mega Darkrai quite plausible, actually. Won't be surprised if it shows up at some point. Darkrai's kinda one of those Legendary Pokemon who needs a mega.

However, you'll likely have to catch/defeat Darkrai and find the stone on the ground post-battle. I'd think Gamefreak's a little smarter than to allow for endless Megaite's. :p

Do we have any updates on what the objective of the plot is?

Dragon Pokémon said:
However, you'll likely have to catch/defeat Darkrai and find the stone on the ground post-battle. I'd think Gamefreak's a little smarter than to allow for endless Megaite's. :p

Says the man whose never heard of restarting a game for an endless supply of event Distributions. Get one, trade over, restart, rinse and repeat. :)

Ohman177 said:
Do we have any updates on what the objective of the plot is?
Apparently the first half revolves around the "mystery of Mega Evolution", and the second half is supposedly a bit deeper.

So, apparently there's something called the "Church of Goomy."

We conducted an interview with one of Game Freak's head programmers, in which he revealed that every pokemon can be fused with Goodra by using the DNA Splicers. When asked why this is going to be included, he simply said, "Goodra is love. Goodra is life."
-Church Of Goomy

KrisJoeEll said:
I agree with you. But take a look at this and tell me a Battle frontier in x&y isn't overkill.
1380986933950.jpg
My pleasure, actually: A Battle Frontier in X/Y wouldn't be overkill. If anything, since the Battle Frontier-type areas are generally put in for post-story challenges I would argue that BF should be a standard feature in any new Pokemon game. Expanding the Frontier can be done even more easily should Pokemon continue to go the sequel route rather than the 3rd version route, because depending on how long of a gap there is between games you could essentially double the number of challenges and ground to cover.

Lone Wolf JLT said:
What does DLC mean? Sorry for being so behind. Also, what does ninja'd mean?
DLC stands for "Downloadable Content", and is used to denote anything that goes into a game that wasn't packaged with it from the start. Colloquially it is used to refer specifically to in-game content that costs money to unlock (such as costumes and etc. in many Capcom games), or after-the-fact downloads that add extra areas, costumes, or items. Technically, Event Pokemon such as those received from the Wi-Fi Mystery Gifts or Nintendo gatherings, or items like the flute needed to meet with Arceus in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are DLC even though they are free.

Ninja'd is a slang term, used when you go to make a post about or response to something and someone else has made the same post or response just moments before. The Pokemon fandom equivalent appears to now be "Greninja'd".

Chrono said:

We conducted an interview with one of Game Freak's head programmers, in which he revealed that every pokemon can be fused with Goodra by using the DNA Splicers. When asked why this is going to be included, he simply said, "Goodra is love. Goodra is life."
-Church Of Goomy

I saw this on gamefaqs.. Its a bunch of nonsense, with people "preaching" about goomy. ._.

EDIT: My apologies if this counted as advertising.

GoomyFan85 said:
Says the man whose never heard of restarting a game for an endless supply of event Distributions. Get one, trade over, restart, rinse and repeat. :)

Yea cause it doesn't save when you trade. . . >.>
I would assume you've never done it either.

Anyways,
I NEED Goodras typing. . . NOW. It's killing me.

EDIT: When you said Restart the game I thought you meant Soft Reset.
Who starts the entire game over for an event item? ~.~

GoomyFan85 said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

So you'd basically be willing to replay the story over and over for a few extra Mega Stones that have no real value seeing as you only need one and everyone (unless version exclusive) can get? Darkrai is almost undoubtedly found post-game. Your saying you'll spend weeks doing the exact same thing again and again for Darkraite?
I thought that option was out of the question when I posted. Never thought anyone would actually do something like that...

Chrono said:

-Church Of Goomy

Yes, your Blobbiness

Dragon Pokémon said:
GoomyFan85 said:

So you'd basically be willing to replay the story over and over for a few extra Mega Stones that have no real value seeing as you only need one and everyone (unless version exclusive) can get? Darkrai is almost undoubtedly found post-game. Your saying you'll spend weeks doing the exact same thing again and again for Darkraite?
I thought that option was out of the question when I posted. Never thought anyone would actually do something like that...

I would not do that, but if I ever want to restart the game, I will trade M-Darkrai over to a friend so I can get more of them. On a slightly related note, do you guys think that Cresselia might also get a Mega Form if Darkrai does? I mean, they ARE counterparts...

NaturallyDark said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

I would not do that, but if I ever want to restart the game, I will trade M-Darkrai over to a friend so I can get more of them. On a slightly related note, do you guys think that Cresselia might also get a Mega Form if Darkrai does? I mean, they ARE counterparts...
First off Cresselia needs to be changed to Fairy before anything happens.
1. She is the most fairy like legend.
2. The fairy type apparently has a lot to do with the moon and SHE IS THE FRICKEN MOON.
3. She is supposed to have the upper hand over Darkrai. Not be weak to him. Fairy typing would fix that.
Set that straight, then we can talk about a mega for either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back