XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

DragonTamer1995 said:
Sheriff_K said:
There is NO 'Z' Pokemon people... <_<

This isn't R/S or Platinum. There's only 2 Legendaries. Or rather, main Legendaries. There can be other mini ones, like the Creation Trio or Darkrai/Cresselia. But I highly doubt there'll be a 'Z' Legendary.

Though so far, I'm not convinced on whether X/Y relates to Genetics, Cartesian Planes, or both.. But I do like that one guys X/Y graph theory.
It is believe the legendaries are based on Norse Mythology. Xerneas represents the four stags(four different colored horns) at the based of the Tree of Life to protect the roots. Yveltal is based off the blind eagle that can see through the souls of others (explains dark typing) that lives at the top to watch over the Tree of Life branches. There is also a serpentine creature (I believe called Naga in english) that lies underneath the tree and resides in "hell" to watch over it, but desprately claws at the roots trying to get out(explains "Z" legendary). I also believe ther will be a small legendary that represent the Messanger rat between the eagle and serpent that relays conversation between the two(enemies). There is my theory on the legendaries for this region. Any comments?
I thought people decided that the Yggdrasil Theory was too lose and that it probably wasn't correct? We're back to that again? :p

I don't mind, I love Norse Mythology and Yggdrasil.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

GhostedRebel said:
GUYS BAD NEWS -ISH :(

http://pastebin.com/bqLsdDbJ

"076: Houndoom
077: Eevee
078:
079:
080:
081:
082:
083:
084:
085: Sylveon"

I think this means that we only get one eeveelution....

Wasn't this confirmed yesterday? :p

Well, don't really see the point of another Eeveelution when the new Eeveelution is representing the new type.

GhostedRebel said:

078:
079:
080:
081:
082:
083:
084:

Why do you believe so? If anything, it means we have 7 more eeveelutions (as absurd as it sounds). I mean, why would Sylveon be so far apart from Eevee?

Lone Wolf JLT said:
GhostedRebel said:

078:
079:
080:
081:
082:
083:
084:

Why do you believe so? If anything, it means we have 7 more eeveelutions (as absurd as it sounds). I mean, why would Sylveon be so far apart from Eevee?

For the existing evolutions. They probably go in order from oldest to newest.

Lone Wolf JLT said:
GhostedRebel said:

078:
079:
080:
081:
082:
083:
084:

Eevee already have 7 evo now plus Sylveon it gonna be 8

Zapydos2 said:
Lone Wolf JLT said:

For the existing evolutions.

Oh. lol.
Well, it seems fitting sense it is the representative of fairy type, although I was looking forward for a Dragon or Poison type.

Still no Feebas/Milotic, i guess they're really hard to find unless you're a diligent fisher :/

Mountain Pokedex still have like 50+ slot, guessing it's the Victory Road pokemon, a large variety it seems.

Zapydos2 said:
Lone Wolf JLT said:

For the existing evolutions. They probably go in order from oldest to newest.

Assuming that GF likes to introduce eeveelutions in conjunction with new evolution mechanics, what if we get Mega eevee?

TheRoyalXerneas said:
DragonTamer1995 said:
It is believe the legendaries are based on Norse Mythology. Xerneas represents the four stags(four different colored horns) at the based of the Tree of Life to protect the roots. Yveltal is based off the blind eagle that can see through the souls of others (explains dark typing) that lives at the top to watch over the Tree of Life branches. There is also a serpentine creature (I believe called Naga in english) that lies underneath the tree and resides in "hell" to watch over it, but desprately claws at the roots trying to get out(explains "Z" legendary). I also believe ther will be a small legendary that represent the Messanger rat between the eagle and serpent that relays conversation between the two(enemies). There is my theory on the legendaries for this region. Any comments?
This is a japanese designed game and they base almost all their legendaries off mythology and not random things like "graphs". This also fits next to perfectly with the designs of both legendaries (also forgot to mention Yveltal's eyes are blue because he is "blind").

As for the trio, it seems a trio of women could possibly those(of course not people, but humanoid like pokemon). That's all that I found that fit the mythology.

Also, the serpent/dragon is called Niohoggor, and the rat/squirrel is called Ratatoskr.

Any clue for what the trio could be?

DragonTamer1995 said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
This is a japanese designed game and they base almost all their legendaries off mythology and not random things like "graphs". This also fits next to perfectly with the designs of both legendaries (also forgot to mention Yveltal's eyes are blue because he is "blind").

As for the trio, it seems a trio of women could possibly those(of course not people, but humanoid like pokemon). That's all that I found that fit the mythology.

Also, the serpent/dragon is called Niohoggor, and the rat/squirrel is called Ratatoskr.

Any clue for what the trio could be?

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Yveltal is blind? Odd, since Xerneas looks more like the blind one with the X's in his eyes.

Blob55 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Yveltal is blind? Odd, since Xerneas looks more like the blind one with the X's in his eyes.

Blind animals tend to have blue eyes suggesting Yveltal is also blind. This is also why he has to see through the souls of others to "see" them.

Xerneas on the other hand is not. The concept for him is actually a combination of 4 different stags from the mythology(this is why he has four differently colored horns). I just think the X adds to its design for a designing purpose, nothing special. Also, the stags are known to be called judges.

DragonTamer1995 said:
Blob55 said:

Blind animals tend to have blue eyes suggesting Yveltal is also blind. This is also why he has to see through the souls of others to "see" them.

Xerneas on the other hand is not. The concept for him is actually a combination of 4 different stags from the mythology(this is why he has four differently colored horns). I just think the X adds to its design for a designing purpose, nothing special. Also, the stags are known to be called judges.

Aw man :( Now I wish I chose Y.

I can't wait for Z! Too bad it's probably going to be over a year til it comes out...

Blob55 said:
DragonTamer1995 said:

I can't wait for Z! Too bad it's probably going to be over a year til it comes out...

If you pre-ordered at a store, you can probably still switch it to Y if you want to.

Blob55 said:
DragonTamer1995 said:

This is exactly why I chose Pokemon Y over Pokemon X regardless of all the X exclusives (personally, I don't like them, but everyone has their own opinions and tastes).

Also, I have a theory that the typing of the "Z" legendary to be either a (Poison/Fire), (Poison/Dragon), or (Poison/Ground).

DragonTamer1995 said:
Blob55 said:

This is exactly why I chose Pokemon Y over Pokemon X regardless of all the X exclusives (personally, I don't like them, but everyone has their own opinions and tastes).

Because you like blind animals? :p

Blob55 said:
DragonTamer1995 said:

Because you like blind animals? :p

...to Asgard, the realm of the gods, at the top of Yggdrasil, where resides the Blind Eagle, another protector of the realm, who is in all likelihood the basis for Yveltal. Note how the bright blue tint to Yveltal's eyes could denote his blindness, in keeping with the myth. [The myth also holds the Blind Eagle can see into the souls of all living things across the nine realms connected to the tree. ]

This is why... That just sounds like a true guardian of the Heavens

I know I wanted Charmander, and I wasn't going to pick Chespin at first, but now hearing about Lapras, I am psyched about the possibility of a brilliant F/W/G core for my play-through team. Which brings me to my question:

Do we have any confirmation about Lapras' level when received, where you receive it, and if there is anything you have to do to get it?
Also, surfing in full 3D on a Lapras, OMG. Awesome!

Someone direct to a page number please with the most recent leaks? Last I remember was Mega Gengar and the Steel/Fairy key Pokemon.

Even in Norse mythology, Stag's are few and far between and hold very little merit and have barely any significant legends surrounding them.

Heck, the only place where Stags have much mythology hold, is in World of Warcraft... xD

But one of my favorite Greek myths involves Actaeon, but it isn't that noteworthy, besides, I named my Sawsbuck that already..
Since I pre-ordered Y, mostly because of Mewtwo Y, I need to come up with a name for it... Maybe Odin, if the whole Yggdrasil thing pans out..

Is Pancham a version exclusive?

PS. There was a rumor that Lapras gets a Mega Evolution. It was on a list, and nearly all of the Pokemon on that list have gotten confirmed Mega Evolutions... And with Lapras being a Gift Pokemon, I think it's highly likely.

Rune Yagami said:
I know I wanted Charmander, and I wasn't going to pick Chespin at first, but now hearing about Lapras, I am psyched about the possibility of a brilliant F/W/G core for my play-through team. Which brings me to my question:

Do we have any confirmation about Lapras' level when received, where you receive it, and if there is anything you have to do to get it?
Also, surfing in full 3D on a Lapras, OMG. Awesome!

You can get FREE LAPRAS from some NPC after 3rd gym... :3
Edit : click on pkm name for pic :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back