XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

Holy wow! I'm having this on my team! :D

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Rune Yagami said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
... Oh my God? We already figured Yveltal was catchable.

lol

I think what he meant was that no one has given info on moves/stats etc.

Yeah I figured that a bit after I posted... I honestly don't know how to feel about Mega Gyarados. Can we get better pics??

Edit: I wonder how many people have Xerneas and have kept their mouths shut??

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Links to Sligoo final and mega gardevoir anyone?

FloodBadge said:
I can't wait to see that Red Gyarados in mega action! And I'm betting my life on water/dra--
Wait... It's a sky battle though... And we have no confirmation on pokemon like reshiram in sky battles (non flying or levitate)
Speaking of Johto, I just started playing my SS and remembered I have a Bayleef and haven't even fought the rival yet lol.

Gyarados himself is Water/Flying, and since we saw Mega Charizard X (Fire/Dragon) in a Sky Battle, it seems that any Pokémon whom enters the battle as a Flying-type can stay in the battle, even if they switch to a new type (like Fire/Dragon), or in Gyarados' case, if he ends up being Water/Dragon, then Water/Dragon.

Chaos James said:
FloodBadge said:
I can't wait to see that Red Gyarados in mega action! And I'm betting my life on water/dra--
Wait... It's a sky battle though... And we have no confirmation on pokemon like reshiram in sky battles (non flying or levitate)
Speaking of Johto, I just started playing my SS and remembered I have a Bayleef and haven't even fought the rival yet lol.

Gyarados himself is Water/Flying, and since we saw Mega Charizard X (Fire/Dragon) in a Sky Battle, it seems that any Pokémon whom enters the battle as a Flying-type can stay in the battle, even if they switch to a new type (like Fire/Dragon), or in Gyarados' case, if he ends up being Water/Dragon, then Water/Dragon.

Yeah basically same principle as Mega Charizard X

Rune Yagami said:
Do we have mega Gyarados's typing? I could see it being water/dragon

Well, considering Mega Gyarados resembles a flying fish...
flying-fish.gif

I would be surprised if it ditched the Flying type. d: Not everything needs to be a Dragon, right?...

@chaos they mentioned that pokemons that can fly like haunter als fight in an sky battle and haunter is not an flying type so charizard also flies so why couldn't he fight in an sky battle xd

Happy for Mega Gardevoir since I used her on my gen 3 team. A favorite of mine. Not big on Gallade but some people are so it would be nice if it got one as well.

Frezgle said:
Rune Yagami said:
Do we have mega Gyarados's typing? I could see it being water/dragon

flying-fish.gif

I would be surprised if it ditched the Flying type. d: Not everything needs to be a Dragon, right?...

But Gyarados is based off of Chinese dragons. You know, the long serpentine ones.

Chaos James said:
FloodBadge said:

Well, take in mind that actually Charizard is a fire/flying type before he mega evolves ...

Dem fins! Looks awesome :D Wish we had more pictures though.

Rune Yagami said:
Frezgle said:
flying-fish.gif

But Gyarados is based off of Chinese dragons. You know, the long serpentine ones.

It's also based on these things:
mqhVundDjf2xr4YxinQv6tg.jpg

Besides, I'm only referring to Mega Gyarados here, which looks more like a Flying type than its normal counterpart. Water/Dragon would dumbfound me.

stalkin_cat said:
Chaos James said:

well, take in mind that actually charizad is a fire/flying type before he megaevolves ...

And Gyarados is Water/Flying . . . ._.

Gamefreak even stated that the only reason Gyarados wasn't Water/Dragon in the first place was that it would only be weak to dragon, and the only dragon move in gen 1 was dragon rage, which does set 40 damage, so Gyarados would be unstoppable.

Now, with fairy typing, dragons aren't as big of a deal. They might even change regular gyarados to water/dragon because that was their original intention.

Edit: This isn't likely though.

pokesaurus1 said:
@chaos they mentioned that pokemons that can fly like haunter als fight in an sky battle and haunter is not an flying type so charizard also flies so why coulden't he fight in an sky battle xd

Pokémon with Flying-type or the ability Levitate can take part in Sky Battles. Haunter has Levitate, hence why he can take part. Also, I never said Charizard couldn't. Mega Charizard X has the typing "Fire/Dragon", and lacks the ability Levitate. Hence, he'd be unable to take part. But since we've seen him in a Sky Battle, it seems the requirement is that you ENTER the Sky Battle as Flying, and since Charizard himself is Fire/Flying, he can Mega-Evolve into Mega Charizard X without problem.

Why does Mega Gyarados look so SMALL?
Really hope that's just the angle...

Gyarados finally grows a pair of wings, and guess what, it loses its Flying type. Nintendo logic.. haha.

Chrono said:
Why does Mega Gyarados look so SMALL?
Really hope that's just the angle...

I know right?! We need better images ._.

Is it just me or that apparent Mega Gyarados looks like Magikarp more than ever? If this one's real (which it looks like), it is a derpy Mega imo, no offense intended for the ones who liked it.

@chaos oh haha me being wrong thanks for clearing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back