XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

xayshade said:
nightkeeper said:
That's the thing to me is that the Braixen evolution really doesn't look that far-fetched. It lost its awkward thin limbs and total feminine qualities but yet didn't gain too much bulk. It has a sturdier lower body and a little more to its arms, while other features slightly changed, such as its waist fur, neck fur, ear length and purple color. Granted, I don't understand the weird purple on the end of its wand, but still, it looks as powerful as a final evolution should. Not saying I think it's real, or that I'll prefer this design to the official design if it's fake. Just that I appreciate the rendition and I'll be okay if it is real.

Frogadier's evolution though... You be real dammit.

I don't think so. Even with the most similar examples, almost all final evos have a different body shape, even it's just a size difference. Braixen evo looks pretty much the same, it doesn't even look taller. The body is actually longer, and the waist is thinner. The purple is most likely just power radiating off the wand, but it just doesn't look plausible. And look at the lines for it. The selling point for Gallantoad for me is the use of the Sugimori line art. Braixen evo doesn't have those. Their head's look near identical except for ears and tufts. I have never seen the head of a middle and end starter evo look that similar. Maybe Meganium.

It's just not selling it. I won't write it off completely yet. But Gallantoad, I don't understand people's arguments against it. the white speck is on it's eye thing and it's shoulder. It's obviously light reflecting off his shiny skin.

Croconaw->Feraligator, Bayleef->Meganium, Quilava->Typhlosion, Marshtomp->Swampert, all didn't see completely drastic design changes. If your strongest argument is that their faces are similar then yes, they didn't change that much. I understand your points, I'm just trying to say that *insert Braixen's evo's name* looks like a legitimate final evolution, to me, regardless of not hitting some serious growth spurt or spouting other defining features.

The more I see it the more I like it. This is sad cause it is more than likely not legit.

tumblr_mto0ovApQP1qfyz1jo2_400.png

Thoughts on Seradin? (hope the pic loads)
not 100% confirmed but woah I hope it is legit.

TokenDuelist said:

Uh. What the hell is it? If that's real, it's my least favorite pokemon so far...

After talking to said source - they got it from a twitter a while ago so I really doubt it's credibility.

Most likely fake - unfortunately.

TokenDuelist said:

Looks too fake. I mean, the eyes look so asymmetrical it's not even funny. Or maybe it's my phone?

Stephen Williams said:
SuchADamnLady369 said:
I can't get the "secret of Vivillion's wings" out of my mind. Do they unlock passages? DLC afterstory mystery? Maybe the shapes and patterns differ like Spinda's spots or Flabébé's flower choices? As for tomorrow maybe Helioptile's evo is revealed on Facebook?
vivillion_start.jpg

Forgive me but I'm not familiar with this. Could you give me some more info on what you're speaking of.

But a recent trailer showed its back when battling Fennekin and it looks exactly the same as the front...

halfrican said:
TokenDuelist said:
snipsnipsnip

Uh. What the hell is it? If that's real, it's my least favorite pokemon so far...

Lurker generally, but this image popped up to much skepticism originally on 4chan yesterday. I very much doubt it's legit... ...thankfully.

kiwi_tea said:
halfrican said:

Lurker generally, but this image popped up to much skepticism originally on 4chan yesterday. I very much doubt it's legit... ...thankfully.

Yah I already said it was fake unfortunately D':

Okay, so a new evolution is going to be shown to the world today. If it is another Eeveelution, I say it's Fighting.

Don't ask me why. I just have that feeeeeeling. Everyone is saying Dragon, Steel, or Poison, but that just feels wrong to me.

Though I could be way off. XD

SavvyJackal said:
Okay, so a new evolution is going to be shown to the world today. If it is another Eeveelution, I say it's Fighting.

Don't ask me why. I just have that feeeeeeling. Everyone is saying Dragon, Steel, or Poison, but that just feels wrong to me.

>new anything to be revealed

Everyone is saying "must be eeveelution with -insert random type-".
But that just feels wrong to me.

/fixed

I mean what's so exciting about yet another same thing with a different type for the ninth time? The concept fulfilled its purpose and Sylveon is hopefully the cherry on top.
You cant even use them all in a team anymore.

And it would be mediocre to have a regular eeveelution reveal after one showcasing a new type.

Let gamefreak do something creative instead. Like a fighter gaining different elements, a psychic gaining different elements, a bug or dinosaur gaining different kinds of armors, a humanoid gaining different kinds of techniques, a fish gaining different aspects related to ocean-life or really anything! Heck just a new "eevee" thats works the same but is simply a bird instead would be fresh, and that's kinda ridiculous considering we are at gen 6 and they're still milking Eevee when they don't have to. There is lots of room with the idea.

And then there is also the part where the whole fanbase goes nuts when they see 3 legends with the same body-design but not for eeveelutions... and like that hasn't happened every single gen since the beginning anyway.
I don't even.
lol

/rant over

EDIT:
and just as I post this, apparently Double Honedge is revealed. Case closed.

Mitja said:
And it would be mediocre to have a regular eeveelution reveal after one showcasing a new type.

Just saying but they did this exact same thing with Umbreon and Espeon. o-o I believe they even showcased Umbreon first for a while before Espeon was even heard of... but don't quote me on that.

Still clinging onto the hope of another Eeveelution this gen. You might not like them but most of us do. ._.

Mitja said:
SavvyJackal said:

/fixed

I mean what's so exciting about yet another same thing with a different type for the ninth time? The concept fulfilled its purpose and Sylveon is hopefully the cherry on top.

Let gamefreak do something creative instead. Like a fighter gaining different elements, a psychic gaining different elements, a bug or dinosaur gaining different kinds of armors, a humanoid gaining different kinds of techniques, a fish gaining different aspects related to ocean-life or really anything! Heck just a new "eevee" thats works the same but is simply a bird instead would be fresh, and that's kinda ridiculous considering we are at gen 6 and they're still milking Eevee when they don't have to. There is lots of room with the idea.

And then there is also the part where the whole fanbase goes nuts when they see 3 legends with the same body-design but not for eeveelutions... and like that hasn't happened every single gen since the beginning anyway.
I don't even.
lol

/rant over

EDIT:

UUURRRGGG I understand how Eeveelutions could be used up in your opinion but I just want one in every type! I love the little guys :(

As for the revealed evo, it's not what I was expecting. It kinda looks cool but I doubt I'll use it first playthrough.

https://www.facebook.com/Pokemon?fref=ts

nightkeeper said:
Mitja said:

/fixed

I don't even.
lol

/rant over

EDIT:

UUURRRGGG I understand how Eeveelutions could be used up in your opinion but I just want one in every type! I love the little guys :(

As for the revealed evo, it's not what I was expecting. It kinda looks cool but I doubt I'll use it first playthrough.

https://www.facebook.com/Pokemon?fref=ts

Thats the thing... people think Eevee should get evolutions of all 18 types.
I mean, I like Eeveelutions, but I think if they're gonna end it then they should do it soon.
I mean, making another Eevee-esque Pokemon would be nice, especially with different things - I love Mitja's idea of the dragon gaining various armors.
That also reminds me... it may not be unthinkable that Flabebe get evolutions based on the color flower it holds (blue flower = evolves into Fairy/Water, red = Fairy/Fire etc). It would be like a psuedo Eevee, except it only gets types added on rather than directly changed.

SavvyJackal said:
Mitja said:

/fixed

Let gamefreak do something creative instead.Like a fighter gaining different elements, a psychic gaining different elements, a bug or dinosaur gaining different kinds of armors, a humanoid gaining different kinds of techniques, a fish gaining different aspects related to ocean-life or really anything! Heck just a new "eevee" thats works the same but is simply a bird instead would be fresh, and that's kinda ridiculous considering we are at gen 6 and they're still milking Eevee when they don't have to. There is lots of room with the idea.

I don't even.
lol

/rant over

EDIT:
What the heck is your problem?

Some people do find the idea of another Eeveelution very exciting. Who are you to knock us for that? Seriously?

Oh, and about the news? I'm extremely disappointed by this "Doublade" thing. They changed the blue color on Honedge and stuck two of them together. So creative.

You're saying more eeveelutions would be great and at the same time calling Doublade uncreative. That's pretty much what I was talking about XD

If you don't see how that might seem inconsistent enough to someone to point it out with a lengthy post on a forum, then idk.

Mitja said:
SavvyJackal said:
What the heck is your problem?

Some people do find the idea of another Eeveelution very exciting. Who are you to knock us for that? Seriously?

Oh, and about the news? I'm extremely disappointed by this "Doublade" thing. They changed the blue color on Honedge and stuck two of them together. So creative.

With the last part you actually went where my problem is.

You're saying more eeveelutions would be great and at the same time calling Doublade uncreative. Seriously? xD
It's uncreative in the same way that Magnemite/Magneton, Diglett/Dugtrio are. lol

Plus, item Pokemon bother me. ;I

Ok real quick i wanna talk about this mother frogger.
50wc.jpg
Just look at it. I believe the name of it is Gallantoad.

Gallon as in a unit of measurement for liquids and toad?
If you think about it this is what people could expect Frogidier to evolve into. Not some fat bubbly overgrown frog, but ia fighter. Now i know people are gonna say it's fake so let me put an annoyance to rest.

Evedence I hear is that it comes from 4chan therefore it must be fake.
For starters, listen to yourself. What kind of logic is that?

Secondly this is a severe lack of information. It came from a facebook page which then found it's way onto a germen website.

I have high hopes for it's credibility but that's just me.

What do you think.

WitherSnow said:

50wc.jpg

If you think about it this is what people could expect Frogidier to evolve into. Not some fat bubbly overgrown frog, but ia fighter. Now i know people are gonna say it's fake so let me put an annoyance to rest.

Secondly this is a severe lack of information. It came from a facebook page which then found it's way onto a germen website.

What do you think.

I think this was confirmed fake on the other thread. Also the name comes from the word Gallant which means a brave warrior or something since it's surposedly a Water/Fighting type.

WitherSnow said:

What do you think.

Actually, I believe the name is meant to be a pun on Gallant (Which means brave, spirited, knight in shining armour kind of thing. Also attributes to the possible Fighting sub type and the general theme that the Froakie line is currently on) and Toad (obvious).

I think regardless of where this was found, it looks so legit that it's crazy. It just fits so well. Look at that! It's freaking gorgeous! The name is perfect, it matches the source's details. I mean, other than the fact that it's not confirmed by Nintendo officially, it just feels like it should fit. But I think that's just me being hopeful.

WitherSnow said:

50wc.jpg

What do you think.

Zerudez says he made it and the Braixen evo too: http://zerudez.deviantart.com/art/Kalos-Final-Evos-402834252 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back