XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumors & Speculation

So if we get Dragon, I'd prefer it be based off of the Eastern Long/Dragon , but have the antlers incorporated into the design of the ears. Kinda slim and elegant.
If it's Fighting, I'd like it to have some wrapped bandages and maybe 2 tails looking like a backwards martial arts belt. Kinda slim. I'd be fine with it being a kung-fu Jolteon.
If it's Steel, I'd love to see anything but a cyborg or robot. Maybe give it light armor or something? Maybe even dagger fangs? Not enough fanged pokemon.
If it turns out to be Poison, however, I'd absolutely love to see it looking colorful and completely un-Poison. I'd love it even more if they gave it little fangs and claws too!

FloodBadge said:
So if we get Dragon, I'd prefer it be based off of the Eastern Long/Dragon , but have the antlers incorporated into the design of the ears. Kinda slim and elegant.
If it's Fighting, I'd like it to have some wrapped bandages and maybe 2 tails looking like a backwards martial arts belt. Kinda slim. I'd be fine with it being a kung-fu Jolteon.
If it's Steel, I'd love to see anything but a cyborg or robot. Maybe give it light armor or something? Maybe even dagger fangs? Not enough fanged pokemon.
If it turns out to be Poison, however, I'd absolutely love to see it looking colorful and completely un-Poison. I'd love it even more if they gave it little fangs and claws too!

They could make the poison eeveelution colored like real world venomous animal: brightly colored to warn predators of its toxicity.

Kitana Coldfire said:
- The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.

Mega Garchomp and Mega Mewtwo X/Y (maybe Mega Kangaskhan) are anything but balanced. Most broken Pokemon I've ever seen....

This thread is for discussing rumours and speculation. You can discuss which Pokémon or evolution you would like to see here!

There was some thing posted on tumblr that were obvious fake 'news'; something about pouring orange juice on your 3ds while litleo evolves past 40, could i please get the link to that? i cant find it.

I would love a poison type eeveelution, btw~ maybe thatll be the other one this gen? i think we might get 2 o3o tellmeimontopic

Will there be an actuall Dream World? I am asking because on one of my other boards they say there will be no Dream World and the upgraded site will only be a place to buy items and battle maybe. Will there be or will there not be a Dream World? Thanks XD. Now I am confused.:)

Drohn said:
Since X and Y are based on the Axis, the follow up could be "Zero"; the middle point.

wow sorry for quoting this so late, but your Pokemon Zero comment just gave me an awesome vision of this, and how badly I want it now instead of just "Z".

It could even be named "Pokemon 0" and wow that would be so cool I'm seriously hoping for this now

Very likely fake (4chan) but the art looks good enough to post for speculation.

I'll keep an eye out for a more permanent picture (I've saved it in the meantime since this is just so freaking cute).

1380158905557.jpg

Kitana Coldfire said:

I'll keep an eye out for a more permanent picture (I've saved it in the meantime since this is just so freaking cute).

1380158905557.jpg

Unfortunatley, you can tell it's fake because the bubble in the background is too blurry.
On second thought, after checking other official screenshots, the pokemon being higher detail seems accurate. And there's no current screenshot with that much of the blue bubble showing. the closest has froakie's eye covering half, so I'm not sure...

xxashxx said:
Did anyone see my above post?^^ Is there going to be an actual Dream World like now or will it be replaced by something else? Thanks XD.:)

I believe the DW is being phased out permanently and replaced.

Kitana Coldfire said:

1380158905557.jpg

Okay, quoting myself because I found the original post. Here's the info that came with it (remember, 4chan):

Hello fellow anon! Just passing by to share some new info of XY!

Just a little bit of background first. I'm a redactor for a french website (sorry for my english^^) and the Pokemon Company is actually distributing the finished game to the press as well as some "secret info" (mostly details on the online features since they are not available at the moment and 2 exclusive pokemon . I'm pretty sure you already know that.

I won't give the name of the website obviously. I don't to be in trouble. Anyway, I have some details on one of the new pokemon. Sadly I don't know anything about the other one which is reserved for the north american press. Keep in mind that all the info were in french so the names and descriptions are different from the north american localisation;

Somnignon is the pillow pokemon. It's name is a mix of somne (light sleep) and Mignon (cute). It's a white mink. It's normal type.

3.5 kg
45 cm

It has a new ability called "Confortable" in french----> comfortable. It work the same way as static, but for the sleep status.

Rough translation of the french description: it's fur is so soft that anyone who touch it will want to rest on it (not really sure how to translate this part). Women usually let somnignon sleep on their shoulder. (like a scarf I guess).

So yeah, that's it. We don't have any higher resolution picture. I don't know about other website though. it's not unusual for website from different countries to have different footages or screenshots, especially in Europe.

If it is fake, I appreciate all the thought and detail they put into it. I usually don't put much confidence in 4chan, so I'll stay on the fence.

That is what I thought too. That means there will be an X/Y DW for sure then? I need to make sure so I can break the news to the other members on my other board because they think there will not be a Dream World at all. Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
That is what I thought too. That means there will be an X/Y DW for sure then? I need to make sure so I can break the news to the other members on my other board because they think there will not be a Dream World at all. Thanks XD.:)

I believe there will NOT be an X/Y Dream World. I think they're replacing it with an entirely new feature, but I'm not sure. Gen V DW will be taken down permanently soon.

The art doesn't look particularly convincing at that resolution, but the Pokémon-amie shot matches the slightly pixelated look pretty well. If it was faked, drawing the bottom picture certainly took time.

I'm on the fence as well.

Considering it's the same source as the past few fakes I'm calling fake.

I cant call fake because, as I said earlier, there have been absolutely ZERO screenshots or videos showing the blue bubble with that much uncovered. Usually, that blue bubble was covered up by the pokemon. The only one to cover the least was Froakie, and the least was only half of it, so since all 3 bubbles have different sprites (not just colors. if you look closer, the colors also have slightly different shapes in the bubble), I'd have to say real.

I'm leaning towards real on this one because minks are adorable and this cute little guy seems too well done to mean anyone harm. The images look fairly legit, and the ability is something both new and realistic of the kinds of abilities they're throwing in this new generation. Cute!

My vote is for legit despite everyone's distaste for 4chan as a source.

Kitana Coldfire said:
xxashxx said:

I believe there will NOT be an X/Y Dream World. I think they're replacing it with an entirely new feature, but I'm not sure. Gen V DW will be taken down permanently soon.

Aw crud anyone know the new feature? I have heard it is a Pokemiles thing where you can use your Dream Points to buy items. Our neighbor has all the details on that XD.:)

It's fake because they called a FERRET Pokémon and PILLOW. Seriously, at least MAKE it look like a pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back