XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Wailady said:
Looking at the list of all the 72 new Pokemon, there still seems to be something missing? Who is the psuedo-legendary this gen, the Honedge line?

The Goomy line seems to be the pseudo this gen.

I'm honestly really disappointed that GF seems to be re-using the legendary birds. They've been easily catchable in far too many games for my liking.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Having only two new legendaries is one saving grace of the low number, I think. Legendaries are just gimmicks to begin with and I've never really liked any of them at all.

If this is indeed all the new pokemon, I'm also a bit disappointed. Maybe if they reduced the amount of Fairy types to include a wider variety, it'd be alright... and no new legendary trio?

They've put a little too much emphasis on the first generation with these games.

To be honest, my gut tells me Zygarde is fake. The name that starts with Z just seems too convenient, and I saw a Green Cobra Z legend fan art a few months ago.
Not buying it whatsoever.
As the cool kids say, "pics or it didn't happen."

Bogleech said:
Just 70 new pokes, only one new poison line, and no new bugs has quickly reversed my overall opinion on XY. I thought this was shaping up to be the best generation, but now it's definitely my least favorite.

It added some new favorite pokemon for me, but every other gen has had a little more diversity, and bug and poison are the things I look forward to the most every time. Fifth Gen remains my favorite.

Fifth gen is definitely a favorite of mine too. I was really really hoping to get some kind of kick ass new bug Pokemon; like a COCKROACH come on...

I LOVE the tree ghost but I'm not happy that the pumpkin evolved into what it did which was something overly cute which this gen consists mostly of overly cute things. I am crying inside for that reason.

I was really looking forward to lots of monstrous looking new favorites but that didn't happen either.

Oh well; I'll still probably really enjoy the games as a whole with the old Pokemon.

Chrono said:
To be honest, my gut tells me Zygarde is fake. The name that starts with Z just seems too convenient, and I saw a Green Cobra Z legend fan art a few months ago.

Multiple sources have chimed in about it; we'll see but you did notice that Xerneas and Yveltal are both X and Y so why wouldn't it make sense for Zygarde to start with Z?

I really don't mind only 70 pokemon as I like most their designs, to me, having 70 good ones beats having 100 ok ones. This gen also has the mega pokemon which are new designs after all.

I know this might be considered a little off topic possibly but I was browsing another site's thread where they're discussing the amount of new pokemon in XY. Someone then stated that maybe GF will bring in bundles of DLC for us after the game, but then a reply to that was something like, "Masuda wanted XY to be a complete game, and wasn't going to put any DLC in." Although I believe there MUST be SOME DLC, I was also wondering... If he wanted XY to be a "complete game" then are all pokemon catchable in game? And if so, does that mean the legendaries will all be catchable for the new players?

I mean, I seriously doubt it myself. Although I'm fine with the number of new pokemon for XY, I was kind of hoping for at least some new legendaries (other than the mascots) or at least the return of my favorite legends. I know I can tranfer them over, but it's nice to get a clean slate sometimes, you know?

Bogleech said:
Having only two new legendaries is one saving grace of the low number, I think. Legendaries are just gimmicks to begin with and I've never really liked any of them at all.

I agree with you It doesn't make sense having 10 new legendary pokemon each gen, what's legendary about that? but i'd really like to see is more new pokemon 70 it's practically nothing i'm ok with having a bunch of fairy type since it's the new one and all that but we have just 3 (2 families) electric pokemons

I'm saying it just seems to convenient. It's way too similar to fan theory, and Pokemon Z hasn't even been confirmed. Remember when everyone was so sure it would be Pokemon Gray?

spiralofvertigo said:
Bogleech said:
Just 70 new pokes, only one new poison line, and no new bugs has quickly reversed my overall opinion on XY. I thought this was shaping up to be the best generation, but now it's definitely my least favorite.

It added some new favorite pokemon for me, but every other gen has had a little more diversity, and bug and poison are the things I look forward to the most every time. Fifth Gen remains my favorite.

Fifth gen is definitely a favorite of mine too. I was really really hoping to get some kind of kick ass new bug Pokemon; like a COCKROACH come on...

I LOVE the tree ghost but I'm not happy that the pumpkin evolved into what it did which was something overly cute which this gen consists mostly of overly cute things. I am crying inside for that reason.

I was really looking forward to lots of monstrous looking new favorites but that didn't happen either.

Oh well; I'll still probably really enjoy the games as a whole with the old Pokemon.

Chrono said:

Multiple sources have chimed in about it; we'll see but you did notice that Xerneas and Yveltal are both X and Y so why wouldn't it make sense for Zygarde to start with Z?

meh:
1381024119468jpg1944times2592-GoogleChrome_2013-10-05_19-50-55_zpscb5beca1.png

71 new pokemon...really? Biggest letdown ever.

Chrono said:
I'm saying it just seems to convenient. It's way too similar to fan theory, and Pokemon Z hasn't even been confirmed. Remember when everyone was so sure it would be Pokemon Gray?

Yes and that pretty much materialized itself by them releasing Black2 and White2 and having Kyurem as the mascot. It just wasn't called gray but the feature Pokemon was still Kyurem.

So GF slaps on two different games because Kyurem was the shell leftover from when Reshiram and Zekrom became separate entities. This explains the 2 part games instead of the constant 1 remake. This game probably will have a Pokemon Z version unless the storyline denotes otherwise.

This game is a letdown for me in the amount of Pokemon that are considered "new", but other than that it's given me quite a bit of stuff that I enjoy! Halloween related Pokemon, remakes for Fairy-types, new Pokemon, etc.

I'm still going to wait until the data is cracked to see if anything else is hidden.

70 is a disappointing number but one I was preparing for. As soon as I saw the megas announced, I had a sneaking suspicion that this generation was taking a backseat to balancing the metagame. Looks like I was right. Still, despite being a small generation, the designs this time around are the best I've seen in years. Not to mention the graphical update likely took a huge chunk of time and effort away from designing originals.

Im sorry to say but Im very disappointed. Let me start and say that ill still be picking this up either way. This is supposed to be Gamefreaks big release and with this whole blackout on top of having only 70 something pokemon is very saddening. The whole arguement; "we get megas" is lost on me since you can only have 1 mega on your party. Its lazy to me and Im upset. Ill get over it but still....

Neal White said:
71 new pokemon...really? Biggest letdown ever.

They have to make 600+ pkm into 3d (some have many different form), all have their own animation, all new animation for All old+new skills n they have make mega evo... Tht didn't count all NEW character customization n other new gameplay... I know 70 new pkm sound little low but I think they really outdone themselves with the game... As a real pkm fan I cannt wait for it :3

Does anyone else think that GF is going to release packs of pokemon as DLC? I mean they have the capability to do that now and a good majority of the players would be unable to resist.
The Dex could very well grow over 100 with potential DLC.

GhostedRebel said:
Honestly, everybody needs to stop complaining. You got a new game. IN 3D. Go b*tch some more about how you didn't get a million new pokemon in 3D even though it takes an incredibly long time to code them in. Not only that, the new features introduced in X and Y are more than satisfactory, not to mention the fact that the region isn't even close to leaked fully yet and that there is a huge return of classic Pokemon. It was about time for a game like this. Just be content with a new game...in 3D.

/rant over

Honestly, I could have easily done without the Pokemon Amie and DEFINITELY without the 3D not like I'm an avid fan of the 3D nonsense everyone uses. Not ONCE have I used the 3D function on my 3DS, but that might also have to deal with the factor I get constant headaches from 3D related stuff anyways.

I 'complain' because I buy the games to collect the Pokemon, and a good 70% of the times I never use all the functions of the games anyways. Yes, I do realize GF is trying to appease everyone, but the lack of new Pokemon doesn't make my stomach settle any better. Here's to hoping Gen VII will produce newer Pokemon and no 'reuse of legends' nonsense that we are getting more and more of frequently.

FT10 said:
GhostedRebel said:
Honestly, everybody needs to stop complaining. You got a new game. IN 3D. Go b*tch some more about how you didn't get a million new pokemon in 3D even though it takes an incredibly long time to code them in. Not only that, the new features introduced in X and Y are more than satisfactory, not to mention the fact that the region isn't even close to leaked fully yet and that there is a huge return of classic Pokemon. It was about time for a game like this. Just be content with a new game...in 3D.

/rant over

In essence, I agree with you. At the end of the day, this is going to be a very good game, with excellent re-playability. Also, we should all be happy with the direction that the Pokémon franchise is going in.

I've wanted Pokemon in 3D since I had Sapphire... 9 years ago. This is a big deal haha

What is Goodra's height and weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back