XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Before off-topic goes out of control about the previous pseudo legendary Pokémon I'll sum up future responds:

Dragonite and Salamence can be vulnerable to Ground with certain Items/Moves.
Tyranitar and Hydreigon with Miracle Eye to Psychic.
So far all pseudo legendary Pokémon have at least one type immunity.
Now back on topic!

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Alella85 said:
Another pokémon http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/b49326fc2c7911e3b9d422000aa80579_8.jpg

I think it real it from the same leaker who post pic of all mega we saw today, also Groomy
Edit: here the source http://instagram.com/whokilledarchie

Lovey said:
Rune Yagami said:
If they stick to their patterns, which they usually do, Dragon/Poison will not be the typing of gen 6's pseudo-legendary. All pseudo-legendary Pokemon we've seen in the past have had an immunity to some type. Dragon/Poison wouldn't have an immunity.

Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if the new pseudo-legendary is Dragon/Fairy. In fact, I'm hoping that this will happen.

I doubt it would be Dragon/Fairy. I say this because GF created the Fairy type to balance out the power in competitive battling, so I doubt GF would just randomly make an incredible Dragon/Fairy mix.

Why not? It wouldn't be random at all, as they are both mythical creatures, and it would still be taken down by Ice, Poison, and Steel. Steel types are always going to be a staple (A Bullet Punch from a Scizor is going to be the bane of Fairy-types for years), and Poison types are going to have a popularity spike. As for Ice, it's one of the most common types of coverage moves.

Drohn said:
Before off-topic goes out of control about the previous pseudo legendary Pokémon I'll sum up future responds:

Now back on topic!

Can we continue to talk about pseudo legendaries as long as we are speculating about the type/stats etc. of the gen 6 one?

Well, I suppose that Goomy will evolve in something decent. But I hope that he won't be the pseudo-legendary of Gen 6. And who knows, maybe it's time for another double pseudo-legendary like Gen 3. Probably, one of two, Fairy will be one of the dual types.

Rune Yagami said:
Drohn said:

Now back on topic!

Can we continue to talk about pseudo legendaries as long as we are speculating about the type/stats etc. of the gen 6 one?

Yes. Discussing other generation is off-topic here and should be done in the appropriate forum, unless relevant to the current topic.

Bobo Taky said:
Alella85 said:
Another pokémon http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/b49326fc2c7911e3b9d422000aa80579_8.jpg

I think it real it from the same leaker who post pic of all mega we saw today, also Groomy

To clarify, that instagram user is NOT a direct leaker (ie, he does not have a copy of the game himself). He finds the images and posts them as his own.

Take all his 'leaks' at face value.

X & Y Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING!!

1. Please ensure your topics aren't too broad. Threads should mention a specific idea or ask a specific question. If your thread is too broad or vague, it may be locked or moved.
2. Please double check your thread titles. A good thread title restates the general idea you are trying to get across in the first post of the thread.
3. Please make sure that your post is not off-topic and belongs in the thread you are posting in.
4. Do not ask for links!
5. If you are posting images, provide the image in an image tag uploaded to a hosting site like tinypic or Photobucket.
6. USE SPOILER TAGS FOR IMAGES. You can add them to a post like this:
Code:
[spoiler][img]ImageURLGoesHere[/img][/spoiler]

If you would like to discuss X & Y in real time, feel free to join our chat room.

Kitana Coldfire said:
Bobo Taky said:

To clarify, that instagram user is NOT a direct leaker (ie, he does not have a copy of the game himself). He finds the images and posts them as his own.

Looks like Abomasnow mega evo has high attack and special attack and freakishly low speed.

Some thoughts about Goomy:

As far as Goomy is concerned, I don't think it will be the pseudo of gen 6. What we need to remember is that just because it is Dragon-type, that doesn't mean it will be a pseudo. Some people seemed to jump to this conclusion. In fact, it would be a breath of fresh air if the pseudo wasn't a Dragon. Goomy seems like a 2 Pokemon line to me, which, if true, means it can't be a pseudo.

I have absolutely no idea why it is a Dragon type in the pic, but it may not even be so. It would be too easy to take the real image of the Pokedex entry of Goomy and simply change the Type Box, just to troll the internet.

Call me a skeptic, but I think that's what's happening here.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Kitana Coldfire said:

Looks like Abomasnow mega evo has high attack and special attack and freakishly low speed.

That sucks, low speed is the nail in the coffin for Pokemon with a 4x weakness. It might not even have the time to use its high attacking stats because it gets wrecked by a fire move.

Rune Yagami said:
Some thoughts about Goomy:

As far as Goomy is concerned, I don't think it will be the pseudo of gen 6. What we need to remember is that just because it is Dragon-type, that doesn't mean it will be a pseudo. Some people seemed to jump to this conclusion. In fact, it would be a breath of fresh air if the pseudo wasn't a Dragon. Goomy seems like a 2 Pokemon line to me, which, if true, means it can't be a pseudo.

I have absolutely no idea why it is a Dragon type in the pic, but it may not even be so. It would be too easy to take the real image of the Pokedex entry of Goomy and simply change the Type Box, just to troll the internet.

Call me a skeptic, but I think that's what's happening here.

That's actually very possible. People seem to jump to conclusions very quickly after this recent flood of "legit" leaks.

I don't think that Goomy won't be Dragon, but yes, can be only 2 stages pokémon (but I still think that will be 3 stages).

Kitana Coldfire said:
Bobo Taky said:

Aaaaaaaaamigo.

Well, then, I will bet fake. Thanks for the clarification.

Rune Yagami said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

That sucks, low speed is the nail in the coffin for Pokemon with a 4x weakness. It might not even have the time to use its high attacking stats because it gets wrecked by a fire move.

If it resummons hail after it mega evolves then it could be very useful. Example, tyranitar comes out and so does abomasnow, hail first, then overwritten by sandstorm. Mega evolve, new hail. Normally for weather changes you want to be slow. It's not something I'd use but it does have its uses. It would be nice to have someone clairfy if it resummons the hail on mega evolution.

About goomy, Are the green circles its eyes and the dots its nostrils, or the dots its eyes and the circles are just markings?

Firebrand said:
About goomy, Are the green circles its eyes and the dots its nostrils, or the dots its eyes and the circles are just markings?

Looks like cheeks, like Pikachu's.

they look like his eyes. the inside dots are nostrils

Darkrai said:
Firebrand said:

Looks like cheeks, like Pikachu's.

Possibly some sort of poison sacs?

Do you think this is real
acJsrvR.jpg

Rune Yagami said:
If they stick to their patterns, which they usually do, Dragon/Poison will not be the typing of gen 6's pseudo-legendary. All pseudo-legendary Pokemon we've seen in the past have had an immunity to some type. Dragon/Poison wouldn't have an immunity.

Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if the new pseudo-legendary is Dragon/Fairy. In fact, I'm hoping that this will happen.

Any chance this is just a coincidence?

I thought the only criteria is having total stats of 600. I mean I guess 5 generations may be enough to claim it's a pattern but no reason it couldn't be broken.

Dragon/Fairy though 0.o Wanting it so bad.

Firebrand said:
Do you think this is real
acJsrvR.jpg

I hope that's a Flabebe evo~

Now that I've seen it in a smaller resolution, it certainly looks real to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back