General PokéBeach Adventures Discussion Thread!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PokéBeach Adventures is an unofficial fan story that gives artists the opportunity to show off their artistic talent to all of PokéBeach's visitors! Each week a new banner will debut from a different artist and a link will be provided to their portfolio so you can check them out! This program is an attempt to expose the fandom's talented artists to the world while also bringing more art discussion and creativity to PokéBeach.

You may use this thread to discuss each banner, the story, and the characters. PokéBeach Adventures was written in 2012, the same year its characters were designed. Over the past few years hints of the story were planted in various PokéBeach news stories, Tweets, and even our old forum banner. The program was designed in tandem with the new website and all of its various programs, but since it took a while to get the new website up (a while = several years :p), the story is only just now debuting in 2015. The story has a documented beginning, middle, and end that only two people know, and it will slowly be revealed over time. New characters will also be revealed as the story goes on. And of course the original characters we created are PokéBeach's new mascots, as you will see throughout the layout.

The story will require that you pay close attention. Most of what you will see means something, and even then, the story may not just take place through the banners... In due time you may have to keep your eyes open to other hidden possibilities if you are to see the whole picture. Will you be the first to discover the secrets to this story and its characters as they are revealed? Will you be the first to seize the gift you were bestowed at birth?

If you would like to create a banner for this program, please fill out the Artist application (which you can find in the navbar under "PokéBeach"). A listing of every banner, its artist, and his or her porfolio is chronicled here:

Banner Archive
pokebeach_050115.jpg
May 5th, 2015
Illus. Luis Eduardo Avila

pokebeach_051315.jpg

May 13th, 2015
Illus. Whitney Andrews

pokebeach_051915.jpg

May 20th, 2015
Illus. Sam Engstrom

pokebeach_052715.jpg

May 27th, 2015
Illus. Katherine McSpadden, Whitney Andrews

pokebeach_060315.jpg
June 3rd, 2015
Illus. Luis Avila

pokebeach_061015.jpg

June 10th, 2015
Illus. Whitney Andrews, Katherine McSpadden

pokebeach_061715.jpg

June 17th, 2015
Illus. Chris Hill

pokebeach_063015.png

June 30th, 2015
Illus. Coco Ouwerkerk

pokebeach_071515.jpg

July 15th, 2015
Illus. Luis Avila

pokebeach_072315.jpg

July 23rd, 2015
Illus. Luis Avila

x8-20-15-banner.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8NUMoYFL6c.jpg

August 20th, 2015
Illus. Whitney Andrews

PokéBeach Adventures is an unofficial fan story created and written by Water Pokémon Master. Original character designs, including Ryder's, were created by Xous54 and WPM. They, along with this story, are © 2012-2015 PokéBeach. All rights reserved.

Pokémon, their designs, and their trademarks are ©1995-2015 Nintendo, Creatures, and GAMEFREAK. PokéBeach does not claim any ownership over Pokémon's work, stories, characters, lore, or the Pokémon world itself, nor are we, our few original characters, our fan story, or PokéBeach Adventures as a whole affiliated, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, or TPCi.
This is just an unofficial fan project. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise
If it isn't obvious, the eye patch guy is the red eyed kid. My theory is that whatever he's holding in his hand caused him to become the red eyed kid, as well as cause the fire.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My very first thought for the new banner was "I wonder what Pokémon Ryder used the Master Ball on..." >_>

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise
Hmm. I can't make much out of this banner. But I have a feeling the strange character has been watching Ryder for a while....

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
I noticed that the Master Ball and Great Ball have stars on them. Perhaps they are Poké Seals (as in Diamond and Pearl)?
It looks as if the PokéBalls are being swept by an ocean current. Are they being taken away or are they coming to him? Perhaps this is how he meets those Pokémon.
The mysterious figure has red eyes, but otherwise looks nothing like the red-eyed kid.
Also, for a couple of hours before the new site was posted, WPM had edited the text slightly. He added in, "Chrior's been waiting forever anyway."
Could the red-eyed kid's name be Chrior? Or is it someone else and I just have been ignorant? XD

PMR PG YJRDR [PDYD YRTTOGORD ,R///

Last edited:

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Doesn't appear that Ryder is having the best day... :(

First we see him barely hanging on to a wooden plank with a bad wound. Then he's slowly sinking towards the bottom of the sea, and then we see a current take his pokeballs away.

And what about that guy with red-eyes watching Ryder through that portal? What's his significance? Also do you guys think Ryder will continue to sink or will someone or something come to the rescue?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I think that red-eyes person has powers and will rescue/revive Ryder :v
Not really based on anything, mainly just a gut feeling.
But I'm sure that person will play an important role in the story.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Looks like we've got a new banner up. I wonder how Ryder ended up in that cave...maybe it's red-eyed boy's doing? I don't see anything suspicious, unless I'm completely blind and am missing some subtle details. I mean, he's clutching his stomach...is that where the damage is? Where he's bleeding from? Hmm...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I would guess he probably just washed up in the cave from the water current; you can see a large body of water in the cave to the right. Looks like he managed to hold onto his necklaces but none of his PokéBalls, poor guy. Love the art style of the cave. :3

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Well, looks like Ryder got washed up in some sort of sea cave. From what I can get, he must have been washed up by the current... It's sad he lost his Poké Balls, though. I would think this stone has some significance:
dFZt4Ac.png
What do you all think?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, I noticed the stone too, since it seems kind of out of place with the rest of the background. No idea what it is, though. I thought it was an M&M at first. >___>

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I noticed the stone too, since it seems kind of out of place with the rest of the background. No idea what it is, though. I thought it was an M&M at first. >___>
Oh god, I can see that. There seems to be a symbol on it... Maybe we'll find out more on the next banner.

Also, I just noticed this rock:
4JrhrxZ.png

It seems to have the letter "Y" inscribed on it. Am I looking too far into this? :p

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Guys!!! The rock next to the lake is marked with the Hebrew symbol that was above the red-eyed kid in the teaser!!

Last edited:

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
חי again? lol when will we find out what is this story has to do with Hebrew?
(Just don't let the red eyed kid out again Ryder !)

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
All right. First of all, kudos to the incredible artists. This is amazing.
Now to the speculation.
First, something obvious: the white symbol with the gold streaks erupting is the symbol of red-eyed-kid from the new site teaser. The symbol was also white on the teaser except for the last day, I believe. Then, it turned red. The other streaks, red and blue, can mix to make a purple. There was a purple light trying to escape from a coffin on the first teaser. IN addition, some of the gold streaks are tipped with red dots. These may represent the red stars in the teasers.
The giant thing to the far right may represent rings of magic. I believe the symbol in the center represents Ryder, though I'm not quite sure why. Maybe it's because of the way he's touching it, like, "This is me?"
The black line seems to represent a barrier of some sort, as if something is blocking red-eyed-kid from reaching the colored rings. The fact that it is connected to what I think to be Ryder may mean he's going to be used to break the barrier.
As for the thing in the white circle, one name:
ARCEUS.
The small colored stripes around it seem to represent his Plates.
Also, are those cracks on the stones?? Cave collapse incoming??

*has a sneaking suspicion that I've posted here too much and people are seeing me as "that annoying poster" and ignoring my posts* ^^;

Last edited: