General PokéBeach Adventures Discussion Thread!

I think it's a boat. The stereotypical looking type, with cabin and two windows in the center type, like a toy ship.
Interesting how the red-eyed kid isn't watching him, since water seems to be his medium; and if we are to expand to symbolism, contrast the light-and-dark difference between the banner when Ryder sinks and here, when he's surfacing. Much more optimistic, don't you agree?

Hollllllld up!! How did the bracelet on his left arm change? It used to be a Mega band-looking thing, but now it's two thin wire bracelets? Whaaat?

Did he lose the mega stone? Maybe artistic error.
Or maybe, to escape the cave, he had to "pay" by giving up his bracelet?
The fact that this arm is ahead of the other seems to discreetly suggest something important is there, hiding the true meaning behind, "Oh, he's just swimming."

Artistic license? If the bracelet is just for show and doesn't mean anything, I wouldn't be surprised if different artists simply choose to show it differently.

I guess so... though it would be fun and a nice twist if they suddenly decided to incorporate Megas and Gen VI into the story.

It looks rather like a boat to me. My first thought was "Yay, Peeko!" before I realized that there's already a Gen 4 theme.
Or it could be Gen 3. I just realized that it's probably Peeko on the first banner, too.
The egg also looks slightly different now - the hair-like tuft design at the top is now gone, and it didn't previously have that wave pattern.

Also, can someone please update the OP with the two newest banners?

Aww, Rider looks so sad :-(. Also, dude, just get the Pokeballs. There's a floatation device on the boat.
I was thinking about that as well, and from Ryder's mournful expression and the not-quite-underwater quality of the way the Poké Balls are drawn/painted, I think Ryder is remembering his Pokémon and is sad about their disappearance, and the artist is showing Ryder's thoughts.

I was thinking about that as well, and from Ryder's mournful expression and the not-quite-underwater quality of the way the Poké Balls are drawn/painted, I think Ryder is remembering his Pokémon and is sad about their disappearance, and the artist is showing Ryder's thoughts.
That's clever. Also, it does look like they're going to Dewford because of the mountain in the background might be the cave.

Ryder's holding the egg, but looking sad. As is the Wingull and the captain. What's the Wingull doing here again?
Are those Poké Balls real or his imagination? If it's real, I imagine he won't be that sad anymore. Especially since they have this mist-like quality and doesn't seem to be submerged in the water.

Ryder's holding the egg, but looking sad. As is the Wingull and the captain. What's the Wingull doing here again?
Are those Poké Balls real or his imagination? If it's real, I imagine he won't be that sad anymore. Especially since they have this mist-like quality and doesn't seem to be submerged in the water.

He's imaging them, hence why they have a faint white glow. The size should also give it away. lol

He's imaging them, hence why they have a faint white glow. The size should also give it away. lol
True.

Those white lines on the sea, above the Poké Balls, are those words? They look awfully regular to me, and I don't see many waves elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the captain of the ship Ryder's friend or something? He looks worried, and, I mean, you don't just climb onto someone's ship after appearing from the ocean, dripping wet, and demand passage to the nearest island.

Is the captain of the ship Ryder's friend or something? He looks worried, and, I mean, you don't just climb onto someone's ship after appearing from the ocean, dripping wet, and demand passage to the nearest island.
Well, in the Pokemon World, you can just walk into random people's houses and they give you items and even try to trade Pokemon. I'm sure this isn't too far of a stretch to say that they are strangers.

I just assumed it was Mr. Briney. >_> Boat? Check. Wingull? Check. Bald with a beard? Check. Heck, the boat's even the same style as his boat from the TCG art. :p

Well, in the Pokemon World, you can just walk into random people's houses and they give you items and even try to trade Pokemon. I'm sure this isn't too far of a stretch to say that they are strangers.
Very true.

I just assumed it was Mr. Briney. >_> Boat? Check. Wingull? Check. Bald with a beard? Check. Heck, the boat's even the same style as his boat from the TCG art. :p
Assuming that that's Mr. Briney (seems likely), and the Wingull's his, then Wingull alerted him to where Ryder was? I previously thought it was some wild Wingull that kept following Ryder around and acting sad most of the time.

Back