General PokéBeach Adventures Discussion Thread!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
As a PTCG fan one of the first things that came to my mind on looking at the banner was '\"hey, is that a Rainbow Energy?"

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise
Definitely an Arceus reference, and the oval reminds me of that holo pattern from the tcg set Arceus. Also noted that Ryder has a mega bracelet. Probably not imported, but noted. My guess is that the REK left notes for Ryder. Just a guess.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Also noted that Ryder has a mega bracelet.

Yeah, but that definitely doesn't look like a Key Stone to me. Could it be... RYDER IS A POKEMON???? xD

Also, my sister noted that the coffins on the teaser picture did look a lot like Arceus' Plates.

PKPokemon

The ultimate PSI move.
It is so obvious what this story is about an apocalyptic future where Ash Ketchem combines with Arceus and Rayquaza and wants to destroy villages. So Ryder wants to gather all the mega stones and combine them together to create mega magikarp.DUH!!

CYL

All hail Eevee!
I haven't seen the story before these four banners, so I have no idea who the red-eyed kid is. But the fact that the portal is inside those bubbles - which happen to surround Ryder, since you can see some behind him - may have some kind of link. Could be that, if that guy controls the water, the current sweeping away Ryder's Poké Balls isn't by accident, but by his intentional doing.
I think he was unconscious when he let go of the wood plank, i.e. he doesn't know what happened and he doesn't know of the power of the amulet; he has that really confused look in the third banner.
If the fourth banner is about Arceus, is that the creation of the universe? Looks like the Big Bang to me. Then the stuff that we have around in the galaxy settling to orbit a certain center - Arceus' dormant form? And what's with the center linked to a black line with a white dot on the outside of the universe? Is that a portal? A resonance with something outside our universe?
By the way, the symbol on the rock and on the wall of banners 3 and 4 are the same. I think.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
To me it seems as though that "Egg" resembles something Ryder once cherished, and has mysteriously found again.

It also appears that the cave Ryder is in is the same one that he's been exploring this whole time after drowning in the ocean. Perhaps this cave is a lot larger than we think, and will be the main area that Ryder will adventure in for a while?

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Lapras Egg?? Lapras Egg?? I dunno... I think the cave is definitely a large space, though. What Pokémon does everyone think is in the egg?

CYL

All hail Eevee!
I don't think he's sad. More like he's cautious about touching it.

Is it Amaura? Or a fan-made Pokemon? It has that dark blue tuft of hair at the top and rocky bits at the bottom. Looks funny.

And what kind of cave is that? A mysterious egg, strange rocks, cave paintings... what else?

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Dunno if this means anything, but the water droplets mostly seem to be falling directly on the points of the rocks. They must be in some sort of alignment or something....like teeth?
EDIT: Also, the rock formation right behind Ryder looks suspiciously like a skull...

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
The Hebrew חי translates to "life", if that wasn't already determined. Interesting that it appears three times in the cave (twice on two stones in the third banner and again on the wall in the fourth).
The Life Pokémon is clearly Xerneas (unless PokéBeach Adventures was created even before Xerneas's revelation? Xerneas was revealed very early in 2013, so perhaps Adventures wasn't quite finished by then). Xerneas's connection is strengthened by the rainbow colors on the wall, which are rather similar to the colors of Xerneas's antlers and the visual effects of Geomancy.
There's also the underwater stones found by Scorched Feathers in the third banner. The one he pointed out appears to have a Y on it, but there's another one to the left that also appears to have some design, though this is more ambiguous due to a dark spot in the water. Perhaps it's an X, and the cave has some relation to Xerneas and Yveltal?
Remember some of the pre-update text as well. If I remember correctly, there was a line that went, "All we are shall perish, only to be reborn again in another time and place. But not this one."
Time and place is more Dialga/Palkia than the Mortality duo, but the perishing and being reborn does sound rather like Xerneas/Yveltal.
This theory is thrown off a bit, however, by a combination of two things (besides the possibility that Xerneas didn't exist yet):
1) WPM has mentioned that at the time of Adventures's creation, Mega Evolution (and therefore the full XY games) did not exist. Unless it was only the characters and basic plot devised at the point of XY's introduction, I doubt Xerneas and Yveltal play this big a role.
2) Ryder seems very heavily connected to Sinnoh, what with the sealed Poké Balls, the likelihood that the cave wall designs refer to Arceus and not Xerneas, and the references to time and space in the aforementioned pre-update line.

There are also a few questions that I want answered (with my thoughts on each. Sorry if any have already been answered):
1) Banner 1: Where was the fire?
If Wingull was wild, and not Ryder's Pokémon (which could be true, due to the Wingull's concerned expression, but I have a hard time believing that a Trainer of a caliber to have a Master Ball would rely on his Wingull. Unless the Master Ball's just a Shiny Abra or Graveler or something that he didn't want exploding), the fire must be in a place where Wingull are known to inhabit. It also appears to be on a boat (maybe an island), because where else would Ryder have found the wood to cling to? This doesn't tell us a whole lot, however, since Wingull are everywhere.
There's an underwater cave, but it doesn't look like anything I've ever seen in a game (though I started in BW, and have only seen pictures and videos of previous games).
So the location is pretty much unsolved by what I've found.
2) Banner 1: How was Ryder wounded?
This seems like a bit of a plot to me (not like a storyline plot, like a criminal plot). The red-eyed person (doesn't look much like a kid to me in the banner he appears in, but is probably the same guy nevertheless) appears underwater in a sort of portal, and he doesn't look very nice. He seems to be checking on Ryder's progress, to make sure everything is going according to plan. But what was his plan?
I assume he caused the fire, although probably not directly (an accomplice?), and injured Ryder as well. But how did he do that? I'm guessing he's in a sort of other dimension (entirely possible, granted the "other time and place" bit already acknowledging the existence of such dimensions) and can't have a direct impact on Ryder's world, and so had an agent to carry out his bidding. Who is that agent? I have no idea.
3) Banner 3: Why is Ryder's amulet no longer shining?/What happened to Ryder's wound?
My hypothesis here is that the amulet provided a form of healing for Ryder, and it shined as it healed his wound (he doesn't seem to have the wound in later banners. That, or he's just completely unconcerned). We also know, however, from pre-update writings, that the red-eyed child wants the necklace (and it also belonged to Ryder's grandmother, but who knows what that significance is?). Why would the red-eyed child want it? Would it free him from the other dimension and enable him to access Ryder's world more directly? Does this have anything to do with the healing abilities I speculated about?
4) Banner 4: What do the cave wall markings mean?
Yeah, you saw that coming. But really. There are three clear markings:
-A set of two circles, one smaller than the other. The larger contains a silhouetted head surrounded by eighteen colored dashes - probably Arceus surrounded by plates, as has been mentioned by others. In any case, it's not Xerneas. The smaller circle contains a silhouette as well, but this one's not very clear - looks kinda like a Metapod to me, but something tells me that's not it.
-The same Hebrew for "life" that has been appearing everywhere, surrounded by an explosion of color. This honestly does look like Xerneas to me, no matter how much the other evidence points away from it - Geomancy basically is an explosion of color.
-Concentric rings, with the innermost one connected to a vertical line outside the outermost ring. I honestly don't know what to make of this, but it seems to indicate an outward flow of energy that will eventually strike the black line (which Skyleaf suggested may be a barrier - perhaps the barrier to the red-eyed one's prison dimension?). Maybe this outward flow, when it hits the barrier, will free the red-eyed one.
5) Banner 5: What's in the egg?
It looks most similar to Barboach to me - I'd say Amaura and Binacle, too, but it can't be from Generation 6.
Going beyond looks, however, let's consider the facts.
Ryder found it in an underwater cave. Therefore it's a Pokémon that can swim (unless it was placed by the red-eyed child, but I don't see the motive for that). Ryder also seems surprised and a little reverent - suggesting that he's had a previous experience or knows about it, and knows it to be a rare and probably powerful Pokémon.
Well, that eliminates Barboach.
I would guess it's a fossil Pokémon or a Legendary Pokémon. The possibilities I see for those and that look even remotely like the egg are thus:
Omanyte
Dratini (pseudo-legendary's close enough)
Feebas (not legendary, but Milotic's enough to warrant reverence)
Relicanth
Carracosta
Kyogre (farfetched, but possible, granted WPM's Webmaster icon being a Kyogre)
Looking at it again, it looks to me a bit like Nidoran-F, too, but that doesn't fit with the whole reverence thing.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Dunno if this means anything, but the water droplets mostly seem to be falling directly on the points of the rocks. They must be in some sort of alignment or something....like teeth?

That is actually how stalactites and stalagmites form in caves. :) The water collects and drips in the same spot over and over and the minerals, etc. build over over thousands of years to create those rock formations. This is, of course, a pretty simplified explanation, but you can learn more about cave formations from Wikipedia or books or visiting one in person.

Source: I come from a spelunking family.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
5) Banner 5: What's in the egg?
It looks most similar to Barboach to me - I'd say Amaura and Binacle, too, but it can't be from Generation 6.
Going beyond looks, however, let's consider the facts.
Ryder found it in an underwater cave. Therefore it's a Pokémon that can swim (unless it was placed by the red-eyed child, but I don't see the motive for that). Ryder also seems surprised and a little reverent - suggesting that he's had a previous experience or knows about it, and knows it to be a rare and probably powerful Pokémon.
Well, that eliminates Barboach.
I would guess it's a fossil Pokémon or a Legendary Pokémon. The possibilities I see for those and that look even remotely like the egg are thus:
Omanyte
Dratini (pseudo-legendary's close enough)
Feebas (not legendary, but Milotic's enough to warrant reverence)
Relicanth
Carracosta
Kyogre (farfetched, but possible, granted WPM's Webmaster icon being a Kyogre)
Looking at it again, it looks to me a bit like Nidoran-F, too, but that doesn't fit with the whole reverence thing.

Do you think it's a fan-made Pokémon? The whole story is non-canon, and the markings on the egg - with dark blue fur-like stuff on top and something like pieces of rock on the bottom - doesn't remind me of anything.

Don't think the red-eyed child placed it there - Ryder seems to have seen the egg before, and considering he's not running away screaming, it probably isn't there by malicious intent.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
He is holding on to the egg, meaning that it's important somehow, like maybe it could be a strong Pokemon that helps him, or it could be breakfast :p
But, what is he swimming to? It looks like a rock or it could be a town, maybe? I don't know I'm just spitballing here.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
It looks rather like a boat to me. My first thought was "Yay, Peeko!" before I realized that there's already a Gen 4 theme.