ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Mmh, there are many 3rd gen Pokemon that can use or deserve a Mega Evolution. I personally hope Swampert, Sceptile, Ludicolo (and Shiftry), Cacturn, Altaria, Claydoll, Tropius, Camerupt and Walrein will get Mega Evolutions.
I also hope they will add a few Mega Evolutions for fifth generation Pokemon, but I don't have any particular choices, as long as they refrain from giving Watchog one.

I am not the first to want it and I still haven't given up hope on it... I want me some new Pokemon goodness. The 6th generation as it currently is is just too underwhelming and it is truly due to the lack of new Pokemon and the non-existent difficulty. It just feels so unfinished and a second shot of Pokemon may just be that little extra to make it a fully fledged generation.

Of course in the end I will be happy with anything new...

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

The more Mega introduced means a wider Meta, the 2014-15 season after world's is going to be amazing for VGC.

Really the only mega I am hoping for is Mega Sceptile. If we get mega Sceptile, jigglypuff can get a mega for all i care.

Mega Sceptile
Solar power/ tough claws/
Grass/dragon or grass/dark or grass/steel or even grass/rock

I'm just hoping. I won't be too miffed if he doesn't get one but since i'm sure he will i just hope they do him justice

PMJ said:
New formes of existing pokemon =/= new pokemon

That doesn't excuse that GF treats the megas as new pokemon. Like evos. They are part of the meta game. And those pokemon are trademarked for a reason. It possibly explains kyogre and groudon's new forms and why we got hoenn now insyead of earlier, since most of the pokemon on that list that haven't gotten their megas are significant hoenn pokemon. I think it's probable that we are getting more megas. They will probably add more as pokemon grows and grows. The whole purpose of megas is to bring flare (see what i did there) to old popular pokemon, and not so popular ones.

I would love to see a Mega Altaria, with storm cloud wings. Honestly, that's the only Mega Evolution from Hoenn I would want. Mega Dunsparce would be awesome, but I doubt we'll get that in a Hoenn remake.

Mega Golem!
It makes perfect sense with Gengar and Alakazam getting theirs (Machamp too by that logic but I really want Golem because: ) It could go the same route as Aggron.
Losing the Ground type (its much more rough and rocky than its pre-evolutions anyway), which gets rid of the nasty quad weaknesses, and gaining the Solid Rock ability, which makes it even tougher. (the downside being the loss of EQ stab though)
+30 atk = 150
+40 def = 170
+30 sp.def = 95
80 150 170 55 95 45

O:

Tash said:
I don't feel like Mega Latias/Latios would exist in XY's coding if we were going to be getting other new Mega Pokemon in the next games.

That's my main concern with this topic too.
Everyone is getting their hopes up for so many Megas, when there might not even be any besides the Latiosite/Latiasite being distributed as a wifi-download when the games are released like was the case with the Blazikenite Torchic for XY.

Which brings us to Mega Blaziken again... why on earth would they have distributed Mega Blaziken at the beginning of the generation if Hoenn games are coming out a year later???
The only way it makes any sense to me is that they did this to get its mega evolution out of the way (perhaps they wanted it to "exist" for some other purposes, like that Pokken thing) so that by the time ORAS comes out, players will be using just a plain Blaziken for the playthrough as intended without the distraction of mega evolutions.

Gamefreaks trolling is unpredictable lol.

Tash said:
I don't feel like Mega Latias/Latios would exist in XY's coding if we were going to be getting other new Mega Pokemon in the next games.

Simple. We are most likely getting Mega Lati@s as an event before OR/AS releases (just like the Shiny Creation Trio in BW2)

Another answer could be that OR/AS was planned after X and Y were finished up, so they didn't have time to add extra megas (also a likely answer seeing how OR/AS was a rushed and unpredicted announcement)

PMJ said:
New formes of existing pokemon =/= new pokemon

Are Megas closer to new Pokemon than formes, though? I was under the impression that they were essentially powered up formes under a different name.

Tropius and Relicanth are desperately in need of Megas. Sun got nerfed so Tropius is bad again and Relicanth has never been good despite being all ancient and shit, and both are one of those weird Hoenn Pokemon with no evolutions.

Reggie McGigas said:
Tash said:

Simple. We are most likely getting Mega Lati@s as an event before OR/AS releases (just like the Shiny Creation Trio in BW2)

Another answer could be that OR/AS was planned after X and Y were finished up, so they didn't have time to add extra megas (also a likely answer seeing how OR/AS was a rushed and unpredicted announcement)

ORAS was most likely planned and made while they were doing XY or finishing it up. I don't thonk gamefreak juststarted it. It takes years to develop games like pokemon. Being blaziken is most likely one of the most powerful pokemon and most popular, they y added him to build mega hype. At this stage theu are likely doing final touch ups, since all we have is a few mpnths

xayshade said:
Reggie McGigas said:

ORAS was most likely planned and made while they were doing XY or finishing it up. I don't thonk gamefreak juststarted it. It takes years to develop games like pokemon. Being blaziken is most likely one of the most powerful pokemon and most popular, they y added him to build mega hype. At this stage theu are likely doing final touch ups, since all we have is a few mpnths

In my opinion, they are probably halfway/three-forths through the game. The huge loss by Nintendo in 2013 prompted the start of this game. Evidence = a rushed first trailer with almost no content and a 'sneak peak' with 8 seconds of "game footage" which is just a video of a model of kyogre and groudon from x and y making it rain/shine.

Reggie McGigas said:
In my opinion, they are probably halfway/three-forths through the game. The huge loss by Nintendo in 2013 prompted the start of this game. Evidence = a rushed first trailer with almost no content and a 'sneak peak' with 8 seconds of "game footage" which is just a video of a model of kyogre and groudon from x and y making it rain/shine.
The devolpment/creation of these games has absolutely nothing to do with "Nintendo's financial losses." All losses are from the Wii U, the 3DS family is doing wonders for Nintendo. There is absolutely no need for Game Freak/Nintendo to rush these games to make up for the Wii U's "losses." You want to know what "prompted the start of the these games?" Giving the fans what they want. 3gen remakes on the 3DS!

Do you honestly think that a company as huge as Pokémon would just rush their next set of games out to make up for, once again, the Wii U's losses. No, Pokémon is a franchise that has done nearly everything right from the start. (Which is why the Pokémon series is one of the most successful gaming franchises ever!) I guarantee you that Junichi Masuda and co. planned this entire generation out before the development of XY even began. And immediately after the devolpement of XY came to a close, part of the team started working on ORAS. These upcoming games have more than likely been under development since July, August, or September of last year! Quite possibly even May, June, or earlier!

I can guarantee you one thing, these games are in no way being rushed. Just because the first footage that they ever show us is a twenty second long clip of Groudon and Kyogre, doesn't mean that they're only halfway through the games and hardly have anything to show us. They're probably just trying to build up excitement for 'the big reveal' or something which might be at E3.

I'd like at least 1 for each generation. Here are my top picks for Generations 1-6

1: Dragonite, Mr. Mime
2: Typhlosion, Skarmory, or any of the legendary dog pack (Raikou, Entei, or Suicune)
3: Sableye
4: Tie between the 3 Starters, Arceus, or Staraptor
5: Krookodile, Golurk, Mienshou, or Seismitoad
6: Duh, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are everyone's favorites for new Gen 6 Megas, right?

JiJi-T said:
Yes! I'm so happy with the new games coming out in November. I hope that Flygon get a mega evolution and his type will change in Dragon/Flying with the abillity Gale wing! I think that Sableye,Milotic,Shiftry and Ludicolo will get one for sure IF their comes new mega evolutions x) (sorry for my horrible English)

Maybe you can be a coordinator again and joined the contest! :D

I agree with you that Flygon needs a MegaEvo, but I want it's typing to stay the same. Besides, we have 5 pokemon with Dragon and Flying as their typings.

Freedomeon said:
I'd like to see some Megas for Flygon, Salamence, Swampert, Milotic and Breloom. Purely because I think they would be cool and I want to see the power each of them would gain.

Mega Breloom...I want that to happen.

Since we got Mega Blaziken in X/Y we should be getting Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, hopefully their aesthetics don't look as bad as most of the Mega Evo's from X/Y. Judging by the new cover art Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre might actually be a thing now and If so Water Spout's going to be broken with Mega Kyogre. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Hoenn Starters come with their Hidden Abilities when you obtain them which they didn't include with the Kanto Starters in X/Y, instead they'll probably come with their own Mega Stones If they get any Mega Evo's.

Just a general post to make people aware that I did some cleaning up in this thread. Remember this thread is for discussion of new Mega Pokémon thoughts and ideas; if you want to talk about other features you would like to see in OR/AS you can use this thread. Please also try and keep private discussion to profile comment or PM rather than talking in a thread. Thank you! <3

As long as these Pokemon get a mega Ill be happy
Ludicolo (I really hope he gets drizzle.)
Swampert
Sceptile
Rayquaza

I sure hope Mightyena gets a mega evolution.
Ability: Strong Jaw
HP 70/Atk 120/Def 70/SpAtk 90/SpDef 60/Spe 110
Total: 520

Possible stats for possible Mega Flygon? I think something that looks like this would help him.

Hit Points - 080 + 000 = 080
Attack st - 100 + 030 = 130
Defense - 080 + 030 = 110
SpAttack - 080 + 000 = 080
Sp. Defe - 080 + 030 = 110
Speed st.- 100 + 010 = 110
Stats All - 520 + 100 = 620

Mega Snorlax, Mega Politoed, Mega Goodra, Mega Dragonite, Mega Kingdra, and Mega Evolutions of the entire Eevee tree.

One can dream right?

I hope for a mega milotic! :D That would be awesome.

If you have ideas for fakemon, please PM me and maybe I will choose them.
I only want real fakemon ideas, so not a pre-evolution or something like that.
I know this is not the right forum too ask for it, but forgive me for this. :$

To anyone who thinks we're getting new megas, explain then why XY has no data for them. Do you really think that we have the same restrictions that we had in gen 4, where the Platinum-exclusive Pokemon didn't exist and couldn't be used over wifi?

Explain why Mega Latias and Mega Latios--two 3rd gen Pokemon--exist in XY's coding along with the 3 gen 6 event legends, but there are no others.

Explain why out of all the items in XY, Latiasite and Latiosite are the only Mega Stones that we don't know about.

Even English versions of gen 4 games had data for Arceus and the Azure Flute event even though we never got it.

Not to mention that Hoenn already has a huge share of current Mega Evolutions (ten out of thirty-one, second only to Kanto's twelve).

What makes you guys think we're getting more?

Back