ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

PMJ said:
To anyone who thinks we're getting new megas, explain then why XY has no data for them. Do you really think that we have the same restrictions that we had in gen 4, where the Platinum-exclusive Pokemon didn't exist and couldn't be used over wifi?

Explain why Mega Latias and Mega Latios--two 3rd gen Pokemon--exist in XY's coding along with the 3 gen 6 event legends, but there are no others.

Explain why out of all the items in XY, Latiasite and Latiosite are the only Mega Stones that we don't know about.

Even English versions of gen 4 games had data for Arceus and the Azure Flute event even though we never got it.
Simple: To mislead too naive people like you. ;)
Not to mention that Hoenn already has a huge share of current Mega Evolutions (ten out of thirty-one, second only to Kanto's twelve).
I'm not expecting mostly Hoenn megas. We could get now Kalos megas, and some more Sinnoh and Johto megas. Not too many, but a few.
PMJ said:
What makes you guys think we're getting more?
For example the existence of Mega Blaziken.

RE: New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha SapphiYour Hopes and Expectations

PMJ said:
To anyone who thinks we're getting new megas, explain then why XY has no data for them. Do you really think that we have the same restrictions that we had in gen 4, where the Platinum-exclusive Pokemon didn't exist and couldn't be used over wifi? Explain why Mega Latias and Mega Latios--two 3rd gen Pokemon--exist in XY's coding along with the 3 gen 6 event legends, but there are no others.
Explain why out of all the items in XY, Latiasite and Latiosite are the only Mega Stones that we don't know about.
X and Y could easily get a patch to add new mega stones. They were probably added to fool hackers, seeing how that has been a big thorn in the side of mysterious Pokémon. Plus in Gen 5 White Kyurem and Black Kyurem just showed up as regular Kyurem, same with the Kami Trio.

Even English versions of gen 4 games had data for Arceus and the Azure Flute event even though we never got it.
The event was most likely planned but scrapped at last second
Not to mention that Hoenn already has a huge share of current Mega Evolutions (ten out of thirty-one, second only to Kanto's twelve). What makes you guys think we're getting more?
More hype, more fan support, more money. Two months ago you could have easily said the same thing about the concept of a R/S/E remake. Plus, the new forms are all but confirmed to be megas, so chances are we will be getting Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon

PMJ raises good points. Really, the No-Mega side does seem to have stronger arguments than the Pro-Mega side. And I say that reluctantly.

RSE remakes have been demanded for like what, 5 years? Nintendo doesn't exactly need to blow their load with more Megas to push sales.

And if Nintendo could just force updates, then why does data for Volcanion etc exist NOW when they're not due to be officially released in like a years time or whatever? Why would Latias and Latios Mega evolutions, which have a strong possibility with being associated with ORAS, be included in XY but not any other unreleased Megas if they actually existed? The only argument I've seen against this is to 'trick' hackers, but this makes zero sense. I mean what, Hoopa and the gang were left in intentionally for hackers to find then...? What are you even arguing?

Is it possible that ORAS could contain new Megas? Yes, no-one can 100% rule out the magic of DLC. But based upon Nintendo's current actions (i.e. the above paragraph), how likely does that actually seem?

Doesn't your argument rest on the assumption that megas are eminently to boost sales? I mean, we all know how divided the fans were when they first showed the megas; everyone has more or less accepted them by now, but I don't think that anyone would have gone as far as to make it a dealbreaker, even back then. So the economic argument doesn't work; for any side.

Factibility is pretty much irrelevant too; the secret legends and mega latios/latias were dug out by hackers, but not the latiosite. How could that be possible, unless it's just really well hidden? if we consider the possiblity of patches, then latiosite could be added that way, and later, temporary data for new megastones, without needing placeholders or restrictions. If each game transmits their patches to other games, like a virus, then it's just a question of how many days will take for the whole network to be updated.

GF adding megas or not is a simple question, really, Do they see potential in that feature? They have invested more in it than in any other generation-only gimmicks (new mechanics, balance, overhauled battle system, 30+ designs and movepool upgrades), so I think they do care enough for it, and it would be strange if they just forget about it in these and future games.
Let's just hope they manage to keep the power creep to a minimum.

Your first para: My point being that Megas are not required for the games to sell. A common argument in this thread is that Nintendo would be stupid not to include more Megas, my response being that it's not stupid at all-- ORAS is going to fly off the shelves regardless, as it's been heavily demanded for long before Mega mons even existed. I'm raising a counter argument more than anything. Everything else I have said doesn't rest on this.

Second para: Agreed, the mega stones haven't been found and I don't know why. This doesn't invalidate anything I have said though. I still assert that Nintendo's current actions seem incompatible with the mega prediction. The absense of the Lati stones implies a) DLC or b) Mega evos without the stones, but still does not deal with the conundrum of the Latis and trio needing to exist ATM in the first place, years early, and be at the mercy of hackers. At the most, you can demonstrate that items COULD be DLC, but can say nothing about Pokemon themselves.

Third para: Simple question, complex answer. There could be tons of variables at work.

bacon said:
Your first para: My point being that Megas are not required for the games to sell. A common argument in this thread is that Nintendo would be stupid not to include more Megas, my response being that it's not stupid at all-- ORAS is going to fly off the shelves regardless, as it's been heavily demanded for long before Mega mons even existed. I'm raising a counter argument more than anything. Everything else I have said doesn't rest on this.

Second para: Agreed, the mega stones haven't been found and I don't know why. This doesn't invalidate anything I have said though. I still assert that Nintendo's current actions seem incompatible with the mega prediction. The absense of the Lati stones implies a) DLC or b) Mega evos without the stones, but still does not deal with the conundrum of the Latis and trio needing to exist ATM in the first place, years early, and be at the mercy of hackers. At the most, you can demonstrate that items COULD be DLC, but can say nothing about Pokemon themselves.

Third para: Simple question, complex answer. There could be tons of variables at work.

My economic argument was directed more to the argument in general; so we agree in that. The games will sell regardless of what happens with megas.

I imagine the answer to the conundrum could be: the legends are there for the rare cases of people not wanting to update their games, or without a frequent internet connection, so all the games have their data, without exception. A similar case for the latis; the latiosite and latios/latias will probably be distributed before the new games, so there's one thing less to worry about; people can trade latiosites without needing to update the game to get the item+megaevos. Besides, the twins are uncatchable in XY, so hacking is the only way we could learn about them. I imagine they knew hackers would discover them, they may be oblivious (or sometimes in denial, even), but they're hardly stupid.

And yes, simple questions often have complex answers; I, for one, can't see GF throwing away all the work put into megaevolution now, if ever; and if as is likely, groudon and kyogre will megaevolve, then even less.

Teal said:
Not to mention that Hoenn already has a huge share of current Mega Evolutions (ten out of thirty-one, second only to Kanto's twelve).
I'm not expecting mostly Hoenn megas. We could get now Kalos megas, and some more Sinnoh and Johto megas. Not too many, but a few.

Let me add that there are 28 pokemon that cam mega evolve, 10 of which are from Hoenn, and again is second to Kanto, with 11.

Well. I guess it's a good thing I raised a Plusle and Minun up to LV 100 if they do end up getting Megas. :)

bacon said:
And if Nintendo could just force updates, then why does data for Volcanion etc exist NOW when they're not due to be officially released in like a years time or whatever? Why would Latias and Latios Mega evolutions, which have a strong possibility with being associated with ORAS, be included in XY but not any other unreleased Megas if they actually existed?

This is the nail in the coffin as far as XY getting patched with the new mega data. If Gamefreak wanted us to not find out about the event legends or the secret megas, then they wouldn't be in the coding. Why put them there, when they could just be patched in when the time came? (As an aside, I long for when that day comes).

Gamefreak's stance is "no DLC". The only reason they even released a patch for X and Y is because they had to.

bacon said:

The reason Latiasite and Latiosite haven't been found yet is because they aren't in X or Y. The data for them is there, but the items themselves are unobtainable in the game - just like event items.

To get the items in X and Y, just attach them to a Pokemon and trade them over. Easy as that.

PMJ said:
bacon said:
And if Nintendo could just force updates, then why does data for Volcanion etc exist NOW when they're not due to be officially released in like a years time or whatever? Why would Latias and Latios Mega evolutions, which have a strong possibility with being associated with ORAS, be included in XY but not any other unreleased Megas if they actually existed?

This is the nail in the coffin as far as XY getting patched with the new mega data. If Gamefreak wanted us to not find out about the event legends or the secret megas, then they wouldn't be in the coding. Why put them there, when they could just be patched in when the time came? (As an aside, I long for when that day comes).

I don't think event legends can be used to great effect in this argument. Being separate Pokemon and not in-battle Mega Evos, I wouldn't be surprised if it's purely a GTS issue; that the GTS can't be easily updated with new Pokemon and the like.

...but if the GTS couldn't be easily updated, then Pokemon holding hypothetical new Mega Stones wouldn't be able to be traded, so I guess that's not the case. :(

As for Mega Lati@s: Er, this isn't likely at all, but maybe Game Freak put them in as a "Hey guy, we don't quite know how you did it, but you hacked the 3DS. Here's some, but not all, of what we plan to have in future games. What do you think this means?" Silly, yes, but just a thought. :p

Or, ooh, maybe the Game Freak A-team put in all the Pokemon they currently have designs for, and they decided to let the B-team come up with some of their own designs for inclusion in ORAS and a future update of XY, and maybe those designs weren't ready before launch.

But, er, yeah, you're probably right. :X I didn't know there were already 31 Megas. With this evidence, the likelihood of GF making more Megas this gen does seem fairly low.

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

His Goominess said:
ScorchingShock said:
I hope they keep megas but don't make them part of the main story. Perhaps a side thing like the Looker quests in X/Y where you visit Kalos and battle Calem/Serena (Their team will be linked with X and Y using a sort of Memory Link kind of thing) and Korrina and if you win you can get the mega stone for your chosen starter and get the Mega Ring! It'd be extremely amazing, and you could explore Kalos as well and find Xerneas for Alpha Sapphire and Yveltal for Omega Ruby and to get Zygarde you gotta trade to get the other Pokemon from the other game? I really would be excited if they did this! Anyway, as for megas I want...
Mega Swampert and Sceptile
Mega Flygon and Salamence
Mega Metagross (for Mega Aggron)
Mega Ludicolo and Shiftry
Mega Sableye (for Mega Mawile)
Mega Lunatone and Solrock
Mega Zangoose and Seviper.
All of the above megas are based on version exclusivity/rivalry between species/being the opposite of a Pokemon.

I don't think Mega Aggron needs a counterpart... since it already has one in the form of Tyranitar.
They're both part Rock 3 stage Pokemon, their previous forms have the same encounter rate/locations, they're version exclusives between X/Y and their Mega Stones have the same location in their respective version.

Aside from that, I agree with just about every Mega on your list (I was particularly annoyed when Sableye didn't get a Mega Evo when Mawile did)

True, you got a point that Tyranitar is the opposition to Mega Aggron. However the thing is, they're from different gens. That's the only reason I said him to be honest. I could take him off but I just feel that Metagross would be good with a mega since Steel lost it's Ghost resistance.

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Delta said:
I'm hoping to see new Pokemon and a Mega Metagross would just make my year. I'm also hoping some of the riddles in XY will either be expanded or answered but I'm guessing we'll have to wait for Z for that to happen. Would be nice though.
Metagross is towards the top of my list too, but I also have faith in the fact that there will be some tie in to XY, they wouldn't make us wait thattttttt long to see what the strange souvenir does, right?

Metagross is towards the top of my list too, but I also have faith in the fact that there will be some tie in to XY, they wouldn't make us wait thattttttt long to see what the strange souvenir does, right?

I think '' the strange souvenir will unlock a place or something to get Hoopa the unlocked Legendary Pokemon '' Because Hoopa reminds me of a Tiki person and the strange souvenir looks like a tiki mask so that's why I think that, But yeah I can have it wrong x).

sorry for my horrible english... :D

Platinum26 pid= said:

JiJi-T pid= said:
I think '' the strange souvenir will unlock a place or something to get Hoopa the unlocked Legendary Pokemon '' Because Hoopa reminds me of a Tiki person and the strange souvenir looks like a tiki mask so that's why I think that, But yeah I can have it wrong x).

sorry for my horrible english... :D
I've seen worse English, trust me you're not that bad. Also, your could be correct on that, but if that were the case, wouldn't they make it a key item? Not one you could sell or throw away?

ScorchingShock said:
His Goominess said:
I don't think Mega Aggron needs a counterpart... since it already has one in the form of Tyranitar.
They're both part Rock 3 stage Pokemon, their previous forms have the same encounter rate/locations, they're version exclusives between X/Y and their Mega Stones have the same location in their respective version.

Aside from that, I agree with just about every Mega on your list (I was particularly annoyed when Sableye didn't get a Mega Evo when Mawile did)

True, you got a point that Tyranitar is the opposition to Mega Aggron. However the thing is, they're from different gens. That's the only reason I said him to be honest. I could take him off but I just feel that Metagross would be good with a mega since Steel lost it's Ghost resistance.

And the loss of a Dark didn't do any favours for it as well, especially with Knock Off being on pretty much every team now.
I do agree, Metagross does need a Mega evo. X/Y metagame wasn't really nice to it in general, and a Mega evo could help it with that.

His Goominess said:
ScorchingShock said:

And the loss of a Dark didn't do any favours for it as well, especially with Knock Off being on pretty much every team now.
I do agree, Metagross does need a Mega evo. X/Y metagame wasn't really nice to it in general, and a Mega evo could help it with that.

Oh yea, forgot about the weakness to Dark being added back! Sheesh, I need better memory!

Chariblaze said:
I don't think event legends can be used to great effect in this argument. Being separate Pokemon and not in-battle Mega Evos, I wouldn't be surprised if it's purely a GTS issue; that the GTS can't be easily updated with new Pokemon and the like.

...but if the GTS couldn't be easily updated, then Pokemon holding hypothetical new Mega Stones wouldn't be able to be traded, so I guess that's not the case. :(

The GTS has already been updated this gen; in the early days of XY, when Serebii edited his Pokedex with the names Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion, people were able to confirm their existence by searching for them on the GTS. By inputting their names in all caps and seeing the game return the name to proper casing (MUK -> Muk) proved they were legit. This also was supported by people putting their Pokemon up on the GTS for the event legends (which wouldn't have worked if they tried to request a name that wasn't a Pokemon in the game's coding).

This no longer works, which proves that the GTS was updated to remove the names.

Also, it's not about the GTS either being able to or not being able to be updated; it's the fact that there is no data for any new Pokemon outside of Mega Latios and Latias in XY. No special Groudon/Kyogre forms, no Mega Sceptile, no nothing.

Chariblaze said:
As for Mega Lati@s: Er, this isn't likely at all, but maybe Game Freak put them in as a "Hey guy, we don't quite know how you did it, but you hacked the 3DS. Here's some, but not all, of what we plan to have in future games. What do you think this means?" Silly, yes, but just a thought. :p

Or, ooh, maybe the Game Freak A-team put in all the Pokemon they currently have designs for, and they decided to let the B-team come up with some of their own designs for inclusion in ORAS and a future update of XY, and maybe those designs weren't ready before launch.

But, er, yeah, you're probably right. :X I didn't know there were already 31 Megas. With this evidence, the likelihood of GF making more Megas this gen does seem fairly low.

In the grand scheme of things, thirty-one out of how many hundred evolved Pokemon? It ain't all that much when you put it into perspective, so if Gamefreak wanted to release more in ORAS then I and the entire world would welcome them.

As far as your, uh, "theories", there's also no reason to put Latias and Latios in but no one else. There's no reason to add the event legends when they are obviously meant to remain secret until their official reveal. I mean, how cool would it have been to have Diancie revealed for the first time without any of us having seen the data (because it wasn't there)? It would be shown as being related to Carbink and I bet a good chunk of people would dismiss it as fake (since we obviously know Carbink doesn't evolve and can't use Eviolite).

As an aside, you know what I think would be really awesome? Is if the reason we haven't found Latiasite and Latiosite is because we haven't looked hard enough yet. That said, I don't know if Trevor ever mentions that Latias or Latios has a Mega Evolution when you talk to him.

Haha! I love this thread it's teeming with alot of speculations, and theories. My hopes, and expectations aren't that high what I believe that Pokemon Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire will be no more than just fully-fledged 3D remakes that utilise Gen VI mechanics. We still don't know if there will be more mega evolutions revealed via this remake, that are accessible in post game content. I likewise would like to share an intersting theory, we all know the champion of the Hoenn region "Steven", has been always interested in rare stones, so perhaps Steven could be the key to lead us to discover new mega stones for some Pokemons? I'll take this theory with a grian of salt, I just think it'll be 3D remakes, with new plot and twists added for the post game content of the remakes.

Here's what I'm hoping to see in the remakes.

* Improve the Pokenav make it look like the Xtransceiver from gen V, I would like to see the trainer rematch sprites appear, and talk with the player in the same manner as the Xtransceiver.

* Battle frontier, and contests should return of course!

* Mega evolutions for some Pokemons in particular for the other 2 starters, Treecko, and Mudkip.

* New areas to explore in the post game content, I'm thinking about that strange souvenier item that we got from gen VI games, it could be from the new areas that I'm hoping to see in the remakes.

* Bring back alot of past generation legendaries, and make them exclusive. What I mean by past generation legendaries, is that I would like to see Regigigas in Hoenn!

* Hoenn becomes dull, and lackluster when explored, so my biggest hope is that I would like to see a post-game story too!

I think Mega's are returning, but I really think we have to look outside of the games to get all of the evidence.

First of all, they LIKE Mega pokemon. It's been said in interviews, they've talked about one day having a mega for every pokemon... it's not JUST a fan opinion. (However, they are well liked by fans, and it would be silly not to continue on the hype)

Secondly, the anime has been starting to run that special series on Mega's. That doesn't really seem like they're trying to sweep them under the rug, but rather, bring up their popularity and run with it. Not to mention, they put them in pokemon origins, which was supposed to be as classic and nostalgic of a story as could possibly be, staying in only first gen, and they even re-wrote that to include mega's. It can't really be swept under the rug now like it didn't happen, and really, they aren't acting like they want to. Not to mention Mewtwo and his new movie with mega evolution.

They've always been relatively good about connecting movies, anime and cards all together. And, having watch a subbed version of the mega evolution episode special they were talking about, they brought up a few interesting points that could be easy to relate to part of a plot in OR/AS. I think some really interesting things they specifically mentioned were, "How does Mega evolution happen?", they also asked "Why is it happening, and why do the pokemon suddenly feel that they have to mega evolve?", "Why is it only in Kalos, or is it only in Kalos? Is it spreading? Is it in response to something?" These were all points brought up in the episode. It sounds like they're building up to mega evolutions starting to spread and become this "World wide crisis" response pokemon are having. Plus, we still don't know how mega evolution works 100%. We don't have the answers to these questions, their is plenty of reason to answer them. I think they haven't told us everything on purpose.

It's clear that they were planning on making these games, and were working on it at the time of X/Y. At the very beginning, they couldn't predict what the response to Mega's would be. They'd either have to go all out and include them, or not. I don't think they'd not put Mega's in OR/AS because it seems like so much of the games are meant to be connected, based on NPC talk.

I think we also really need to abandon the "But nintendo ALWAYS does this with remakes" or "That's not the pattern". They aren't robots. They don't follow patterns as much as we think they do, and just because they've done things in the past, it doesn't mean they HAVE to do it that way now. The 3DS is a remarkable system, easily capable of patch updates. They've never had this technology before, so it's impossible to say what they will do with it. Even if they say they won't do something, you can't hold them to that.

They've also really started an inclusive policy with realeasing worldwide. They don't WANT spoilers any more. It's bad for their business. They were PISSED when the X/Y games leaked early.

I don't think you understand. You don't need to look past the games for evidence.

Either
A) Nintendo can add Mega Pokemon with DLC
or
B) Nintendo cannot add Mega Pokemon with DLC

If A,
There is no reason for Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion and Mega Lati@s to currently exist buried in the games code.
If B,
There are no Mega Pokemon.

You don't need to speculate what Nintendo wants, what fans want, how silly of a marketing decision it is, etc. Logic is logic.

There is currently one exception that allows A to be true. It goes as such:

1) During XY development, Nintendo has designs for Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion and Mega Lati@s but not for the missing Megas.
2) During XY development, Nintendo does not know how to add Pokemon via DLC. It therefore adds the legendary trio and the Mega Latis into the game coding to be activated in events as a surrogate to DLC.
3) Release XY
4) Nintendo figures out how to do DLC for Pokemon.
5) Nintendo finishes designs for Mega Pokemon.
6) Use DLC and new Megas to patch XY when ORAS is released.

That is your only option.

Back