ORAS New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Matty said:
PMJ said:
You know, there are a lot of Mega Pokemon in Hoenn already... I don't think we'll be getting any more.

Although this explains where Mega Latios and Mega Latias come from.

You may be right. But then again, who knows? Perhaps they will add more mega evolutions for Hoenn Pokemon, or they add more mega evolutions to non-Hoenn Pokemon later in the game.

*shrugs*

Then they wouldn't be able to battle them with X and Y. People have checked the game data for more Pokemon, and they just aren't there. Just Mega Latias and Mega Latios.

The Mega Stone for Latias and Latios will be found somewhere in the new games, which can then be traded over to X and Y.

I want new megas as much as the next guy, but short of actual DLC for these games, I don't think we'll get any more.

RE: Hopes and Expectations for New (Mega) Pokémon in "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire"

Freedomeon said:
I'm definitely jumping aboard the Mega Metagross train, with the debuffs to Steel this Gen Metagross is in desperate need of some feature to make it worthwhile using.
Yes, Steel got a debuff, but it also got two buffs: Fairy resistence and SE against Fairy. While Metagross gained a weakness (Dark), it definitely is not in "desperate need of some feature to make it worthwhile using". But I want a Mega Metagross too!

New Mega deniers, GF can patch XY. I definitely do believe in new Megas.

Tash said:
I don't feel like Mega Latias/Latios would exist in XY's coding if we were going to be getting other new Mega Pokemon in the next games.

I completely agree with you. I think Mega Lati@s will be the only new Pokemon in ORAS. While DLC may be an option, I would be surprised to see them try something like an extended gen.

Juliacoolo said:
Tash said:
I don't feel like Mega Latias/Latios would exist in XY's coding if we were going to be getting other new Mega Pokemon in the next games.

I completely agree with you. I think Mega Lati@s will be the only new Pokemon in ORAS.
You guys don't seem familiar with hidden Pokémon...

For example:
- Rotom had no formes in DP but got some in Pt
- Giratina had no formes in DP but got one in Pt
- Shaymin was in the coding of DP but had no formes yet in DP but got one in Pt
- Meloetta was in the coding of BW and had formes in the coding of BW
- Keldeo was in the coding of BW but had no formes yet in BW but got one in B2W2 (no forme placeholders at all)
- Kyurem was in BW but had no formes yet in BW but got two in B2W2 (only one form placeholder)
- The Kami Trio were in BW but had no formes yet in BW but got some in B2W2 (no forme placeholders at all)

=> They tricked us to thinking we know what will get formes (Kyurem: 1) but he got two, plus totally unexpected Pokémon got formes.
I'm telling you, they are just trying to mislead us again. They knew the games would get hacked, but they want to surprise us when we feel we know it all.

New mega evolutions can be added by patching the game and including new data. It's not that difficult for them to do.

http://pokemon-matome.net/articles/23483.html

This is a list of new Pokemon trademarks. Most of the Pokemon on this list have received a mega evolution but there are a few who have not. They are Kyogre, Groudon, Jynx, Plusle, Minun, Sceptile and Rayquaza. I beleive that if they are on this list then they will receive a mega evolution as everything else on the list has already. The list doesn't state every Pokemon who got a mega evo as it misses Venusaur, Alakazam, Mawile, Manectric, Garchomp and Lucario. It notably misses Swampert who is pretty likely to get one seeing as Sceptile will likely get one and Blaziken already has one.

So here are my ideas for these eight mega evolutions.

Mega Sceptile
Type: Grass
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats: 70 HP / 125 Atk (+40) / 65 Def / 125 SpA (+20) / 85 SpD / 160 Spe (+40)

Mega Swampert
Type: Water/Ground
Ability: Bulletproof
Stats: 100 HP / 135 Atk (+25) / 115 Def (+25) / 110 SpA (+25) / 115 SpD (+25) / 60 Spe

Mega Jynx
Type: Ice/Psychic
Ability: Refrigerate
Stats: 65 HP / 60 Atk (+10) / 60 Def (+25) / 155 SpA (+40) / 105 SpD (+10) / 110 Spe (+15)

Mega Plusle
Type: Electric/Fairy
Ability: Lightningrod
Stats: 60 HP / 50 Atk / 40 Def / 125 SpA (+40) / 95 SpD (+20) / 135 Spe (+40)

Mega Minun
Type: Electric/Fairy
Ability: Volt Absorb
Stats: 60 HP / 40 Atk / 100 Def (+50) / 100 SpA (+25) / 130 SpD (+45) / 75 Spe (-20)

Mega Kyogre
Type: Water
Ability: Drizzle
Stats: 100 HP / 120 Atk (+20) / 110 Def (+20) / 180 SpA (+30) / 170 SpD (+30) / 90 Spe

Mega Groudon
Type: Ground
Ability: Drought
Stats: 100 HP / 180 SpA (+30) / 170 Def (+30) / 120 SpA (+20) / 110 SpD (+20) / 90 Spe

Mega Rayquaza
Type: Dragon/Ground
Ability: Air Lock
Stats: 105 HP / 185 Atk (+35) / 100 Def (+10) / 185 SpA (+35) / 100 SpD (+10) / 105 Spe (+10)

I honestly think a possible Mega I could be seeing would be Flygon, possibly Cacturne, and I've been seeing people on here talking of Mega Metagross and that too would be sweet.

New formes of existing pokemon =/= new pokemon

I think they should give Megas to at least the starters including the Hoenn ones and those before them, it's only 4 more to do so.

Mega Sceptile and Swampert are definite needs out of these games. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza too. Ones I would like to see are Mega Metagross, Mega Zangoose/Seviper, and Mega Salamence/Flygon. Now that we've seen how far some Pokemon's designs can be pushed, some of the other Hoenn Pokemon need some sprucing up in my opinion!

Mega Crawdaunt. The power it already has is amazing, but a mega for that guy *claps slowly
Mega Cacturn, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Swellow, Crobat, Machamp, Muk and Kingdra have the potential of great pokemon but just need that something to make them better, and I think that a mega would accomplish that for them. I could make a huge list but that's it for my Hoenn megas :D

Also, I think it's inevitable that sceptile plus all the other starters are getting a mega sooner or later during the "mega" generation(s)

Just sayin, SO EXCITED

They could add new pokemon and make the patch for XY required so that you need to download it to get online or play the game. The amount of new pokemon was so small this time (including megas) that I wouldn't be surprised at seeing another 50~ pokemon added

I could definitely see game freak adding more mega pokemon and implementing it in a patch for X and Y, I am so excited about these games because I never got to play gen 3 and apparently it's supposed to be one of the best generations so I'm looking forward to it.

I hope they keep megas but don't make them part of the main story. Perhaps a side thing like the Looker quests in X/Y where you visit Kalos and battle Calem/Serena (Their team will be linked with X and Y using a sort of Memory Link kind of thing) and Korrina and if you win you can get the mega stone for your chosen starter and get the Mega Ring! It'd be extremely amazing, and you could explore Kalos as well and find Xerneas for Alpha Sapphire and Yveltal for Omega Ruby and to get Zygarde you gotta trade to get the other Pokemon from the other game? I really would be excited if they did this! Anyway, as for megas I want...

Mega Flygon (She got a bit of a nerf with Fairies and Ice-types are a present threat.)
Mega Ludicolo and Shiftry (Ludicolo and Shiftry need some love!)
Mega Lunatone and Solrock (They just need some help. They're not too good competetive and this is also for )
Mega Zangoose and Seviper (Both seem to have been lacking in competetive and need to get some more power.)
Mega Pelipper and Tropius (Both need some competetive help. They're getting outclassed fast by better Pokemon and they were some of my favorite Pokemon.)

EDIT: Added more in-depth reasons for them.

EDIT AGAIN: Removed Mega Swampert, Sceptile, Sableye, Salamence, and Metagross since they were confirmed! :D

ScorchingShock said:
I hope they keep megas but don't make them part of the main story. Perhaps a side thing like the Looker quests in X/Y where you visit Kalos and battle Calem/Serena (Their team will be linked with X and Y using a sort of Memory Link kind of thing) and Korrina and if you win you can get the mega stone for your chosen starter and get the Mega Ring! It'd be extremely amazing, and you could explore Kalos as well and find Xerneas for Alpha Sapphire and Yveltal for Omega Ruby and to get Zygarde you gotta trade to get the other Pokemon from the other game? I really would be excited if they did this! Anyway, as for megas I want...
Mega Swampert and Sceptile
Mega Flygon and Salamence
Mega Metagross (for Mega Aggron)
Mega Ludicolo and Shiftry
Mega Sableye (for Mega Mawile)
Mega Lunatone and Solrock
Mega Zangoose and Seviper.
All of the above megas are based on version exclusivity/rivalry between species/being the opposite of a Pokemon.

I don't think Mega Aggron needs a counterpart... since it already has one in the form of Tyranitar.
They're both part Rock 3 stage Pokemon, their previous forms have the same encounter rate/locations, they're version exclusives between X/Y and their Mega Stones have the same location in their respective version.

Aside from that, I agree with just about every Mega on your list (I was particularly annoyed when Sableye didn't get a Mega Evo when Mawile did)

Like I've said before about Mega-Evolution, my biggest expectation is that it doesn't exist in these games, that is something left behind in XY (and Z perhaps). No rings/bracelets, no Pokémon holding Stones.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Like I've said before about Mega-Evolution, my biggest expectation is that it doesn't exist in these games, that is something left behind in XY (and Z perhaps). No rings/bracelets, no Pokémon holding Stones.

I can't really see GameFreak ditching Mega Evolutions, it's made too big of a impact to get rid of at this point. They've had the anime flooded with Mega Evolution, so I think it's pretty much impossible for them to to continue like it never happened at all, and in "Pokemon Origins" it was shown that Kanto does indeed have Mega Evolution, so who's to say Hoenn won't? Most likely they'll just end up relating the Mega Stones with Steven, and have him explain it all to the player.

These are the following Pokemon I'd like to see have a mega evolution. My reaons for these particular Pokemon is just simply so they can in a sense become the "Pokegods" they were all rumored to become in Red/Blue. As a kid I always wished those Pokemon really would evolve again into something badass and aggressive looking but still keeping to the Pokemon style. Having mega evolutions for them would give me a chance to nickname them as their Pokegod names as I did with my other Pokemon. As far as design, that may take me a while to figure out. I've only completed one design so far. Stats-wise, I'm useless. I'm more into breeding and the in-game stuff than battling.

Butterfree
Beedrill
Raticate
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Golduck
Sandslash
Hypno
Onix
Flareon
Omanyte
Mew - Design and story for it here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-mega-mew-w-story

As far as newer Pokemon getting mega evos, I feel that the rest of the gen 3 starters should get mega evolutions as well. It would only be fair considering Blaziken has one. Giving the starters of every generation would be really awesome to see this as a future feature to all remakes and future games. It seems like a good mechanic since a lot of people tend to stick with their starters for quite some time. Giving them a mega evolution would be just another thing to make them that more awesome to keep in your party.

I would really like something for the Gen 2 starters. It'd be nice to see them again in the TCG as well. The Gen 5 starters could also use a boost as Samurott and Serperior were really underwhelming, and Emboar was another Fire/Fighting type...

Teal said:
Yes, Steel got a debuff, but it also got two buffs: Fairy resistence and SE against Fairy. While Metagross gained a weakness (Dark), it definitely is not in "desperate need of some feature to make it worthwhile using". But I want a Mega Metagross too!

Fairies aren't commonly used but you can pretty much guarantee there will be at least one Dark type move on a team. There is no current set of Metagross that is worth using, trust me. I've tried them.

In short, Metagross needs a Mega for it to be used. The same can be said about Breloom this Gen, it just doesn't pack the punch that it used to in the OU meta.

I'm pretty sure that Zangoose, Seviper , Lunatone ,Solrock will have Mega and they will be an exclusive on each version . But I'm hope for Mega Cradily and Mega Armaldo . I want another fossil pokemon to have Mega beside Aerodactyl .

Back