• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Neo Miasma Sun - HGSS-on [Leafeon, Espeon Prime, Roserade and Houndoom Prime]

RE: Miasma Sun (Leafeon, Espeon P., Blaziken & Roserade) (Starter Wanted)

BUMP

No one has any idea for the starter?

Smeargle UD or celebi prime for energy accelerate even though its not an energy hungry deck. That's all i can think of, i don't think this deck really needs a starter but smeargle should be good enough and it will survive rotation (hopefully). ;)

OK, thanks a lot! I'll see Celebi Prime, but thank with your opinion.

Yeah the way i think celebi might work is say you have a roserade and leafeon on the bench and celebi is active, you attach a rainbow energy to roserade for the turn and then use celebi prime's forest breath to attach a grass to leafeon retreat celebi prime via unown q then attack. OR let's say you have a leafeon ready to attack on bench but you dont have a rainbow energy to attach to roserade but you have a grass and psychic energy in hand, so attach a psychic to rosey then use forest breath to attach a grass to roserade so you get confusion and poison. Retreat celebi and attack with leafeon.

Situational, but it could work...

Yeah, it's like it could work in some situations... but I think it is a better idea using Leafeon Lv. X (it's harder to find, but it's better IMO)

RE: Miasma Sun (Leafeon, Espeon P., Blaziken & Roserade)

*UPDATED DECKLIST*

FINALLY, I found a nice starter for this deck! (well... two starters...)

Also, I've alrdeady bought a Leafeon Lv. X, so I changed the decklist!

I'm still working in the supporter/trainer/stadium list, but it's working good as it is.

How about -2 Psychic Energy, -2 Leaf Energy, +4 Call/Rescue Energy?

The Rescue would help recovery with Leafeons and Roserades, and the Call Energy would help a lot with setup, especially with Smeargle. Also, Leafeon can use either of these Energy for its attack.

Yeah, I'm still searching some cards, Rescue Energies are one of those. I'll update the decklist when I gen 4 of them in my hands. :)

Ahiro said:
but he also runs Espeon MD, Unown Q, Uxie and Azelf, that are things that I don't play.

o_0 I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to your list.

-2 Psychic Energy
-2 Grass Energy
+4 Rescue Energy
+1 Warp Energy
-2 Professor Elm's Training Method
-1 Burned Tower
+1 Palmer's Contribution
-2 Switch
-2 Interviewer's Question
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Warp Point
+2 Uxie LA
+1 Azelf LA
+1 Unown Q MD
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Seeker
-2 Cynthia's Guidance
+2 Cyrus' Conspiracy

Need consistency and speed, as well as staying power and support.

Nice opinion... but I'll not took out the Interviewer's Questions, I need energies for Roserade. About the other things you suggested, I still need to get in my hands all of that. Also, I don't have space for Uxie and Azelf, so I'll see what I'll do with them. I'm still trying to get Rescue Energies, and I wasn't running Warp Energies because I have Burning Tower.
I know that I need to pull out Cynthia's Guidance xD the problem is, that of all you suggested, I don't have nothing xD if I get them I'll make the changes, but I'm trying to keep a deck out of proxies (yeah, I've finally got Leafeon Lv. X).
Also, I find very useful PONT. Sorry, but I'll not swap them.

Thanks again!

a) Cyrus' gets you Basic Energy in a pinch and otherwise you should be drawing into Rainbow Energy.
b) Yes...you do, if you plan on running a deck for states, you better trade for or buy whatever you need.
c) Yes you do. You ALWAYS have space for Uxie and Azelf.
d) Warp Energy has nothing to do with Burned Tower which is not as good as Broken Time Space. Wait. Do you even run Broken Time Space? o_0
e) You'll get them...
f) I said remove Professor Elm's Training Method. Professor Oak's New Theory are great and should be kept but PETM is a sub-par card. It is terrible and shouldn't be played.

a) I'll see what works better. Actually Interviewer's Questions is working fine, and also Cyrus's Conspiracy isn't a little expensive...?
b) I'm trying to get those cards.
c) o_O okay... I'll try to get Seeker, because I won't use Uxie or Azelf if I don't have Seekers.
d) Nope, I don't run BTS, I don't have it xD what I mean with Burned Tower was:
- Attach energy and retreat
- Return discarded energy with Burned Tower
- Use that energy again with Leafeon Lv. X
Which is not the same, but it works like Warp Energy. If I get at least one, I'll see what I'll swap.
e) Yeah, I know.
f) Remove PETM? But it was working good in this deck with Sableye...

I'll test your idea when I get home (with redshark).

I tested the deck with your changes and... it didn't work. The only thing that I found useful were the Rescue Energies. Uxie only made space in the bench, and I wasn't getting any Seekers for it, so I wasn't able to build another Leafeon/Blaziken. I didn't have enough energies to attach to Roserade, and I didn't have space in the bench for run Unown RETURN.

I'll get some Rescue Energies. Meanwhile, I'll keep my decklist as it is, because it's working very good.

You should run at least one Uxie. You need to be able to get early game set up EVERY GAME. Also, you can get Seekers with Cyrus' Conspiracy. You should only have one Roserade and one Blaziken at one time, and Cyrus' ALSO gets you Leaf and Psychic Energy. You should try and attach a Rainbow Energy to Roserade as much as possible, and 2 RETURN might be too much with Seekers, as with Broken Time Space you can just play it back down again. Professor Elm's is not as good as Bebe's Search, which you can also use with Sableye. Cyrus' Conspiracy can get you PONT and other set up cards, while Interviewer's ONLY gets you Basic Energy, no Rainbow, and what happens if you get Judged or something after an Interviewer's? Finally, it's possible this is simply a difference in playstyle. If this is the case, you will have to find a different way because this is the deck you will need to succeed at States, and if it's not working for you, I don't know, you can go on Tinychat or Redshark and I can help you out.

P. S. I know I sound condescending...I just come off that way sometimes. I really don't mean it and am sorry if I am offending you.

No problem dude, I don't feel it as an offense :)

Before anything, just a correction: Interviewer Question's effect is:
"Look at the top 8 cards of your deck. Choose as many Energy cards as you like, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck."

It doesn't says basic Energy cards (like it says in cards such as Fisherman, Burned Tower and Cyrus's Conspiracy), that's why I was running it. Also, I can get Judged after a Cyrus's Conspiracy, and I would have the same difficulty.

It's also true that Uxie is very helpful, so I'll think about it. I'll need to get (at least) 1 Uxie, and 2 Seekers.

I'll get Rescue Energies because I really need them. It's perfect for keeping Leafeon Lv. X out of the discard pile, and double attaching energies in the game.

I'm still finding useful PETM (I agree with this card that it's a difference of playstyle), and I'll remove Cynthia's Guidance and Burned Tower because they are not too much useful.

So, my opinion is:
-2 Cynthia's Guidance
-1 Burned Tower
-1 Psychic Energy
-1 Grass Energy
-1 Unown RETURN
-1 Copycat (I'm not sure with this, I'm just trying to make space)

+4 Rescue Energy
+1 Uxie
+2 Seeker

Thanks for your help! I know that you're not doing this to offend me, and I was still needing some help (there are no states here in Argentina (or where they made them is very far from were I live), but there are tournaments, so I need this deck as good as possible). When I get those cards I'll make the changes I've said before. Meanwhile, I'll keep the decklist as it is.

Sorry about that. Interviewer's could be good in this deck then...however, I wouldn't run more than 1, MAYBE 2. Also, with Cyrus', you get the 1 energy you need and you can use it immediately, but with Interviewer's you may draw too many Energy to use that turn, however this is mitigated partially by Leafeon LV. X again pointing toward Interveiwer's Questions...

Now, you are going to have to trust me here. I personally know more than half of the past two years' top 8 finalists in worlds, and those are the people against whom I practice and with whom I build decks. I don't like going around tooting my own horn, but please believe me. Professor Oak's New Theory should NEVER be played. EVER! About this I remain adamant. You can see I'm a reasonable guy, I'm not sticking by something because I'm stubborn. I will admit being wrong when I am, but PETM is really, really, bad, and you should DEFINITELY NOT play it!

OK, I'll trust you. So here I have 2 spaces, maybe for another Uxie (or Azelf, that's very useful when you have a priced Blaziken) and another Seeker?

You should run 1 to 2 Uxie and 1 Azelf, IMO especially if you only run 1 Uxie or lines like Blaziken LV. X.

OK. So it will be:

-2 Cynthia's Guidance
-1 Burned Tower
-1 Psychic Energy
-1 Grass Energy
-1 Unown RETURN
-1 Copycat
-2 PETM

+4 Rescue Energy
+1 Uxie
+1 Azelf
+3 Seeker

What do you think?

Hm...it looks good. What about the switches and Warp Point? You should have 2 Unown Q instead of 1 WP and 2 Switch. Much better. Unown Q really is amazing.

Back