• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Neo Miasma Sun - HGSS-on [Leafeon, Espeon Prime, Roserade and Houndoom Prime]

Ahiro

Aspiring Trainer
Yet again, another edit.
Decklist:

Pokémon:
4-4 Leafeon UD
1 Espeon Prime UD
2-2 Roserade UL
2-2 Houndoom Prime UD
2-2 Noctowl GS
Total: 21

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
3 Pokémon Communication
4 Pokémon Collector
2 Interviewer's Questions
3 Seeker
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Energy Exchanger
Total: 19

Energies:
6 Psychic Energy
6 Grass Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Rescue Energy
Total: 20

Strategy:
Start with Eevee. Build Leafeon and Roserade, and then continue building (another Leafeon, Houndoom Prime and Noctowl) while attacking with Leafeon with 50-100 damage. You will be possibly start attacking since turn 2.
Espeon Prime is for more HP and against fire type decks (since Umbreon will be gone).

You'll have exceptions of this strategy against the following decks:

Steelix Prime: I still don't know. I'm searching a counter.

Reshiboar: Build Espeon Prime. Still finding another way to counter even better this deck.

--------------------------------------------------------

RE: Miasma Sun (Leafon, Espeon Prime, Muk, Houndoom and Hypno)

Lets take a look.
Espeon Prime is only good for having a Leafeon with a little bit more heal on it, and you still need a Leafeon on your Bench. Houndoom is one of the worst primes out there, so just use the normal Houndoom from UD if you must have Houndoom. Houndoom UD is pretty good, but bot the Prime one. Muk can be good for strong hits, but it is not that strong for 3 Energies, and you must have the opponent have a curtain special condition. Togekiss can only heal it's self. Dusk Ball is not that great. Sage's Training makes you lose cards. I like the idea of spread deck builds, but this one is not all that great (No offense).

So I must say:

-1 Espeon Prime UD
-2-2 Muk
-2 Houndoom Prime UD
-1 Togekiss
-2 Dusk Ball
-2 Sage's Training
-5 Psychic Energy
-2 DCE

(-19)

+2 Special Darkness
+3 Houndoom UD
+1 Houndour UD
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Bebe's Search
+1 Luxury Ball
+2 Warp Point

That leaves you with 7 cards to put in. Choose them wisely.

Hope I helped.

No problem, I was searching any type of critics.

The idea of Houndoom Prime was for burning the defending pokemon (for leafeon's attack, with hypno's pokepower and houndoom prime's pokepower you can burn and sleep the defending pokemon, so you can deal 100 damage).
Togekiss's "Blessed Wing" attack says: "Remove all damage counters from each of your pokémon. Shuffle Togekiss and all cards attached to it back into your deck.". I've searched in the PokéBeach rulings, and they don't have any aclaration of that attack.
Muk saved me a lot of times, but I admit that it's attack is not good enough.
Also, Espeon Prime was for protecting Leafeon (instead of sending Leafeon direclty).
I was thinking in taking off the Dusk Balls and the Sage's Training, but it's what I've got.

Thanks for the critic!

Oh yeah, I forgot exactly what Togekiss' attack did.

I'll try to find a better pokémon than Muk. My idea was to concentrate the strategy in the special conditions, so that's why I put it in the deck.

PS: I edited the deck list:
-2 Dusk Balls
-2 Sage's Training

+1 Bebe's Seach
+1 Pokémon Communication
+2 Cynthia's Guidance (It's the best of what I've got...)

Leafeon UD works best with Roserade UL and Magmortar SV. I would drop everything except for Leafeon and max out Eevees. Then you might want to try using Roserade and Magmortar to help w/ Special Conditions. And an Espeon MD might help you, considering 90 HP for a stage 1 is OK, bumping it to 110 will help it survive certain attacks(eg. Dragon Rush + Flash Bite).

Thanks for the help, Roserade is really helpful for this deck. I will see using them, thanks a lot.

If you want to run Roserade, run some Rainbow Energy to inflict 2 Special Conditions at once. You could probably pull off using both Magmortar and Roserade with some BTS to help set-up quick. The good thing about Leafeon is its one energy cost. The bad thing is its 90 HP. The Pokemon line may look something like this:

4-3 Leafeon UD with 1 Espeon MD(choose the Eevee you think you will benefit from best)
2-2 Roserade UL
2-2 Magmortar SV
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
maybe 1 or 2 Unown Q MD

I didn't knew that you could inflict two special conditions with roserade using a rainbow... that's a good idea.
About the magmortar... it has a good pokepower, but I can use it only one time (I don't want to add super scoop up or seeker to the deck). It's a good idea to use magmortar, but I'll stay with Hypno or Houndoom.
And yeah, it's a big con Leafeon's HP. That's why I was using Espeon Prime (I don't have Espeon MD and Majestic Dawn it's the next set to go out of the format). That's also why I didn't put any Unown Q, Uxie or Azelf, I don't have them.

I removed the line of Muk and added the Roserade line, and it worked well. Now I'm seeing which line I remove: the Houndoom or the Hypno (because with Houndoom I can do 150 damage).

RE: Miasma Sun (Leafon, Espeon Prime and Roserade)

Houndoom is way too slow to attack. Its an okay Lostgar counter, but its main purpose is to burn, as Hypno's is to inflict sleep. Take out the Houndoom; Roserade takes care of burn, then you might just play some Unown RETURN from HGSS to get the energy back to your hand and reuse it.

Edit: Leafeon LV.X is a good idea too, then you can make the Eevee line like this: 4-4 Leafeon X, with 2 Leafeon UD and one Espeon Prime.

OK. I will see how it works without houndoom prime (the thing is with roserade i can poison and confuse, so that's why I was keeping houndoom, it does burn and I do 150 damage)

EDIT: Ok, I will see how it goes this deck swaping houndoom with magmortar

OK, I tested it (the match ruined my right hand... it is not a good idea use redshark while having a notebook mouse...). I tested this deck with Magmortar and Roserade (wihtout Houndoom) against this deck with Roserade (with Houndoom prime, Hypno and Leafon), it won the deck without Magmortar (in the match, Magmortar was almost useless... it only helped to K.O. one espeon prime, then I ran out of speed for building another Leafeon and attach energies to Roserade for the especial conditions). It was a tough match, but Houndoom and Hypno helped a lot with the special conditions (also, Roserade's poson helped a lot).

So... I will keep Houndoom Prime in the deck. I will see how it works the other idea you posted, but not yet (my right hand is really destroyed...)

IMO Houndoom Prime is better than Magmortar SV due to the plain and simple fact that you can use it every turn, no matter what. Sure, it's flippy, but you don't have to burn(pardon the pun) resources to get Magmortar back into your hand and can better use said resources somewhere else, like for healing Leafeon. Besides, Magmortar is only really used for burn, since Rainbow Energy inflicts both Poison and Confusion, so the Confusion element of Evolutionary Flame is essentially moot. It basically becomes a pick up and drop game for Magmortar just for the burn effect, which isn't worth it when you have Houndoom Prime.

That was my opinion. And yeah, I'll see if I can put some cards for healing Leafeon (trying to not slow the deck).

I have 2 Rainbow Enegy, but my girlfriend has one of those (and she's on vacations... lol). I'll update the deck with the rainbows when I get the other one.

Oh, before I forget, definately add Unown Return. It's PokePower lets you pick up all the energies attached to a Pokemon and return them to your hand. Great for re-using Rainbow Energies!

I was thinking about that too. That guarantees 4 attacks of 150 damage (which, I think, it's good enough for win a match). I will add them.
Also, I was thinking in adding some healing cards (maybe for roserade), but I wasn't too sure if it is a good idea (the point is that roserade can be a good attacker when it has 4 or 5 energies).

As unfortunate as it may seem, you might as well squash the idea that Roserade can be a secondary attacker. Sure, it works in a pinch, but 90% of the time if you're using Roserade it's because you have no other option, your out of Leafeon's, and you'll most likely lose anyways. You'll also 90% of the time drop an Unown Return to get your energy back, play one back down on Roserade, and hit with Miasma Wind for 110 w/poison again, rather than try 80-100 at best with Power Blow.

You're right, the times were I was out of Leafeons was when I had 1 prize left, the active pokemon was damaged and Roserade was doing... 60 I think. I will forget the idea of healing cards (also, I have Togekiss) and I will start searching Unown Return (I don't have any).

EDIT:
I've already edited the deck list. Still don't have the unown and the other rainbow...

I was also wondering of taking Hypno of the deck... I'll have more space (and I don't need sleep because the defending pokemon can't be confused and asleep).

Back