Pokemon Naming Your Character in Pokémon Games

RE: Naming your character in Pokemon games

I have always called my character "AJ" because those are my first two initials, and I like how it sounds. Except for the very first game that I got, which was a yellow version. I named my character Ash on that one.

Well, I usually named them after the games I'm playing or their default (/manga) names when we also have to name our rival...
Emerald - Emerald. Yeah, the reason is I only played this game to transfer some pokes to gen 4 so I wanted to make sure they had a reference of what game they came from (no, saying it came from Hoenn is not enough for me). Plus, it was the 3rd game and we couldn't name our rival so I couldn't do like I did in the following games...
Platinum - Diamond, because I named the rival Pearl
SoulSilver - Gold. I named the rival Silver

In Gen V, I added a little twist. In White, I play as the male caracter like I usually do in all games, but I named him Black. Then, I bought Black and for the first time, I choosed the female caracter and as such, named her White.
BW2, screwed up this a bit. I just bought Black 2 and choosed the boy. I was expecting Grey (which is Kyurem's main color) to be made, not a sequel, so, since I will also buy White 2 and will choose the female in that game, I named my caracter in Black2: B-Grey. The girl, in White2, will be named W-Grey. This is to mimmick the Kyurem formes as they are called Black Kyurem and White Kyurem (as everyone knows) and also a homage to the game that was never made.

I usually name my characters something funny. Like, when I bought Black, I named my character "My Face". The result: "Cheren: Stop right there, my face!". It made for some funny dialogue scenes, and I would recommend naming them something funny. Also, in Black 2, I named my character "Boss", to reflect the fact that I am a boss.

Other than that, I use my real name once in a great while. I tend to sit there after I get a game and say "Ahhhh..... what the heck am I gonna name you?" I usually just go with whatever sounds coolest. :)

Ruby: ANIKIN
Leaf Green: ANIKIN
Diamond: Jay
Pearl: Dan
Platinum: Jay
Black: Dan
White: Jay
Black 2: Jay

RE: Naming Your Character in Pokemon Games

I usually name my Pokemon funny things so when it does an attack it sounds funny. I named my Rival in B2 and W2 ThatKid and it sounds hilarious.

This goes for all the games I've played and always grammatically correct. It's either been my username, my first name or the protagonist of the game.
It's been Delta/Red/*My name*/Gold/etc...

I'm usually Alan, but recently i decided to get both B2 and W2 so I chose girl in 1 and named her Alice :p

I name the player after myself. I need the Pokémon to be MINE. D:

Usually name my character after myself the first time. If I run through it again or play nuzlocke my character is usually 'Keeper' just because. :p

I don't put much creativity in my character's names haha.

Red: Red (m)
Blue: Red (m)
Yellow: Red (m)
Gold: Gold (m)
Silver: Gold (m)
Crystal: Gold (m)
Ruby: haven't played
Sapphire: Sapphire (f)
Emerald: Ruby (m)
FireRed: Green (f)
LeafGreen: Green (f)
Diamond: Diamond (m)
Pearl: haven't played
Platinum: Diamond (m)
HeartGold: Gold (m)
SoulSilver: Gold (m)
Black: haven't played
White: White (f)
Black 2: Mei (f)
White 2: Mei (f)

Like most other people, I also named my character ASH in the past. :I
Around LeafGreen I finally decided to name the character after me. And for White 2, I named my character after my real life and simple nickname.

I just recently started a challenge in Pokemon White and I´m playing as a girl. I named her Vivian. (Yes...The Vivian from Paper Mario: TTYD)

For a Monotype run I did in Soul Silver I named myself Gleaf.

It doesn't really matter, as it inevitably gets changed to Pyro.

(Originally just my name)

I've named my character my real name since the beginning, but with Black and White 2, that changed.
Black 2: Korra
White 2: Cadance

Oddly, I don't recall ever naming my character Ash. I just remember using Seth because I like it and using my real name, which is Brenton.

I usually used my real name. I'm beginning to reconsider changing it to Yvlewing, or something like that though.

The character name I use for my main games (Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, Black, Black 2) is always Saffire. That name has been with me from the beginning, and I will continue to use it. I don't remember why I chose it, but I think it was simply because of my love for the color blue and the gemstone. (My friend used the name Rubius, and that's what I name my rivals - you can be certain we were extremely surprised when Ruby and Sapphire versions were revealed!)

For my secondary game (Red, Gold, Ruby, Pearl, etc.), I just use my real name.

I usually name my character after myself, or sometimes I use my middle name. I usually end up doing both so that I can have differently named trainers for both versions. XD

Sometimes I get bored and use the feminine form of my first name and play as the girl character. I did that when I played Crystal, and it works well because of how short it is. :p

I used to be very picky with naming my trainer, I could just never decide! Eventually I got fed up with myself, and nowadays I just use my real name when naming my character.

Back