Pokemon Naming Your Character in Pokémon Games

Breakfast Cereal

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Naming Your Character in Pokemon Games

I usually name the character Allen after me, but sometimes I name them asshole just for the slight amusement of having everyone call me an asshole in-game.

PikabooPikachu

わかいません。

I use to use my name all the time, especially since my name is unisex name xD. It worked for both dudes and chicks! But since Black and White, I've been getting creative.
White: Sparks
White 2(Japanese): Nami

Bobmcdoogal

Vespiquen for Worlds 2k16

In my Pokemon White Version I named my character Wazzzup and in my Black 2 version I named m character Wazzup2

KVE493

Aspiring Trainer

First Game was Ruby, named myself Kefke in that one ( also in Leafgreen Version).
Have reset my Ruby and Leafgreen multiple times eah time naming myself some thin else. [ Ranging from Kve to Ruby and Green --> trade files]

Lately I name my character KVE493 (Pearl and HGSS and White).

I also have a few game files where I now play as a female character, but I don't remember what I named them....

MarekTheGamer2000

Wut, wat, wit

i normally use my real name, rainier, so it appears on the Pokemon O.T. section (Original Trainer for those who dont know what it is) and people know i worked hard to get it, if not, i type in my favorite name, luke

legolord101

Aspiring Trainer

In my first ever pokemon game I named myself JIM because it's my nickname. Then it just stuck, so I always call myself JIM

Terra Force

WarGreymon FTW!

I've been naming myself after Digimon characters starting with Diamond and Pearl, before X and Y.

I used to name the hero after myself (Eric), but it got boring after a while....

I usually play as a guy (with two exceptions: White 2 and X.)

D: Taichi
P: Yamato
Pt: Daisuke
HG: Tohma
SS ( Original, but lost in old car somewhere, had to buy another copy): Masaru
B: Takuya
W: Junpei
B2: Kiriha
W2: Nene
X: Nubia
Y: Turbo

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I have named myself the name of the protagonist in every game since gen 3. When I first played Black on a poorly translated rom, I named my character Black because I didn't know his name (not that I would have ever named him Hilbert anyway). In White 2 I named the protag Hilda, and in X I named her Serena.

I feel that since Pokemon is a role-playing game, and the protags actually have names, it would be silly to not use them.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter

This is always an easy question for me. My character name is always my name, Alex. It makes it feel like I'm the one in the Pokémon world. :p To me, it's not as fun playing a Pokémon game with the main character's name, (that you're playing as), named... 'Jeffo%47^' or the common 'Death Rider'.
I'M the one traveling to each region catching new Pokémon, so I always play as myself, Alex. :)

King Xerneas

Icy Goth

I've always used names that I've liked. The only time I've actually used my real name was in 4th Gen and White Version. In Emerald I used the name Alex, in Black 2 I was Logan, in X I became Mason, and in the next games I will fall under the name of Blake. I would've kept using my real name, but during the second half of Gen 5 I decided to break from the pattern and have each player character become its own person instead of being part of some weird hive mind. Plus using multiple names helps me identify which pokemon came from which games.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

I keep it simple and just use my real name but in Blue I think I sticked with "Ash", due to the anime...How things would be different had I known that Ash would become such person and also If I had known the existence of Red.
Like Prince Dedenne, I too like to think that I'm the one traveling the Pokémon world.

So...this isn't what this thread is about but since my forum results didn't came up with nothing and since creating another thread to talk about something that is quite like the subject of this one doesn't sound right, I have to say that when it comes to naming rivals I used to be random but now I tend to stick with the characters manga names (or anime and canon ones) though I must say that calling someone Silver is rather akward, namely a red haired dude.

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!

My sister usually name our characters Pterence and Trike from the series Harry And His Bucket Full Of Dinosaurs, and we got used to the name and so always used it (The name Pterence finally fits in Pokemon X and Y! I usually have to call it Pteree).

8bitCelebi

Aspiring Trainer

When I first started, I just used my own name. Then I was using the default names for the characters like Brendan in Emerald. Then I eventually went back to my own name and I just decided to keep it that way.

Jona

Seasoned League Player

I always use my own name "Jona"... I don't wanna waist time to come up with a awesome-creative-name... I just wanna start and play. And I like to pretend I'm the most-amazing Pokémon trainer.

Proceeded

Ampha-bulos!

Not sure why, but I usually name my character after places or things. Names such as Italy, Pepper, Saute, Crowbar, Wallet.

Drohn

Wild War Dance

I often play through games several times. I tend to use my own names or that of the character itself. I never used anything else. For the rival I also use the actual name of the character.

Naked Snake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm normally a female when I start a new game, and since I'm a dude, I normally just pick the default name for the female trainer. One exception was in my first play through of Ruby, I named myself Terra.

Rivals are normally default, but sometimes Blue is Janice...

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I make OCs with my friends so we have our own little RP universe and plot and it's really fun. Like each trainer handles certain things in the story or has their own gimmick. So instead of it being like, one trainer doing a bunch of things, it's a little group of friends sorta like the manga and anime.