Movie Box Office

RE: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

I thought it was great, even though they didn't do much. Ripest Grint sums it up in the movie and in an interview, but it was good.

I think they stressed Ron's coming back slightly too much.

Also has anyone actually read the book? Of course Voldemort gets it. It says. In. The. Book.

Hey guys...

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT LOOK AWAY IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT!\\

The good guys win at the end. I say no more.

I honestly feel that the movie didn't deal with enough, and that the next one will have more massive events crammed into it. Typical really. But still, I felt it was excellently done, and not devoid of action for certain. Looking forward to the next one. And they made that Dobby bit so much sadder than in the book... *sniff*

I went to the midnight showing and enjoyed the hell out of the first part of the movie. Not much else I'm going to add to that statement.

RE: Movie Discussion Thread II

New Movies Coming Soon to Theaters 11/26/10

11/24/10
Burlesque
Plot: An aging Burlesque Lounge in L.A. finds itself on the brink of collapse - with the troupe caught up in their own problems and businessman threatening to pull the rug out in comes small-town girl Ali Rose. A waitress at the club, she soon finds her calling on stage where her voice may be the ticket the aging club needs to survive.

11/24/10
Faster (2010)
Plot: After serving time in prison, a man seeks revenge for his brother's death after they were double-crossed. A hard man only turned harder by life in prison, his mission is put in jeopardy by veteran cop and a hit man.

11/24/10
The Legend of Pale Male
Plot: After being absent from the New York City skies for nearly 100 years, a redtail hawk sparks the interest of birdwatchers and soon attracts people from all over the world. When "Pale Male"'s nest is dismantled at his home in a posh 5th Avenue location, the protests begin igniting a media firestorm and an ending that could only happen in New York.

11/24/10
Love and Other Drugs
Plot: A woman who refuses to be tied down by relationship and a man who uses his charm on multiple women, and in his job in pharmaceutical sales, manage to find something neither of them is expecting:: love.

11/24/10
Nutcracker in 3D
Plot: An updated take on the classic tale in which a young girl is transported to a magical world where toys come to life and an evil army of rats led by a king and his devious mother threaten the world.

11/24/10
Tangled
Plot: Rapunzel has lived her life in a tower, but a passing bandit catches her eye and she finally leaves tower life behind to track him down.

11/26/10
The King's Speech
Plot: After his brother abdicates the throne young "Bertie" assumes his place as king, but his stuttering speech lead many to believe he is unfit for the position. Utilizing the talents of speech therapist Lionel Logue, whose unique techniques help him overcome his stuttering, King George VI emerges as a great leader.

11/26/10
Orange
Language: Other
Genre: Drama/Romance
Actors: Ram Charan Teja, Genelia D'Souza, Shazahn Padamsee

I didn't go to the midnight showing... nor do I feel I should have. The movie was fine, but I expect more from a movie coated in money. You can see their fireplaces have $100 bills instead of wood and the wands are all wrapped in $100 bills. It was a definite step up from the last few which were laughably shallow. The source material was VERY VERY strong... and they seemed to reenact it very well. The fact that it just ended (by design) kinda left me thinking. They could have at least TRIED to make it pretend to be a full cohesive movie. They should have, in my opinion, had an ending thought or something... but other than that, the money shows and the source material is well respected. Very good first part TBH. The one thing I don't like about it is that it makes you realize that the actors for the main characters (Harry Fricking Potter, Ron, and Hermione) are going to be in bad movies soon to come that do not realize their acting talent. This makes me sad because they'll end on such a high note, the only way to go is down. I would rather have this than a bad movie... but it is just sad when you think about it. Those people were my childhood movie experience... :'(

You can see their fireplaces have $100 bills instead of wood and the wands are all wrapped in $100 bills.
Uh, I'm pretty sure Wizards don't need oil to light their fireplaces, just saying. And they look rich? In no way are they rich. ;-; I suppose they've just used their magic to make/weave stuff that makes them look rich. *shrugs*

Unless you mean the Malfoys, who then, are most definitely spoiled rich.

It was a definite step up from the last few which were laughably shallow.
;~;

I actually shared the same sentiments as Zero.

Prizoner of Azkaban made me swear off all subsequent HP films and I'm only planning to watch Deathly Hallows because the fact that I didn't read the book means there is zero chance of me in the cinema mentally nitpicking the extent of fidelity to the book.

I mostly enjoyed the movie. I had a few small complaints, but they don't tarnish the overall appeal of the movie for me. Definitely the best Harry Potter movie so far...I can't wait for Part 2.

dmaster out.

@XieRH, What was wrong with the third movie?

I loved it, but I wish that it didn't end right then and there.

***SPOILERS***
Voldemort is the bad guy

No duh he is the bad guy, that has been made clear since book 1!!!

Yeah, I would have to agree with Zero. It was a great movie, a step up from the previous few, and it's going to be tough watching the series come to an end this July :/

*Spoiler alert* ~ Harry is a wizard.

I saw it at midnight Friday morning (well technically 12:15) and I liked it. Definitely better than the last 3 or 4 movies, although the beginning parts were rather rushed and missing information. They didn't focus enough on Dumbledore's life at all, but other than that it was ok. My sister and just about any other girl I've talked to about it thought it was nice and uplifting, but I found the part where Harry danced with Hermione cheesy and unecessary, and making it seem too much as if Hermione had to "choose" between Harry and Ron like it was Twilight, when she definitely does not like Harry that way. Also what Voldemort did at the end just begged someone to shout "I HAVE THE POWER!!!"...

Weekend Box Office (November 26 - 28, 2010)

1 - - Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows Part 1 - - $50,345,000.00
2 - - Tangled - - $49,100,000.00
3 - - Megamind - - $12,850,000.00
4 - - Burlesque - - $11,800,000.00
5 - - Unstoppable - - $11,750,000.00
6 - - Love and Other Drugs - - $9,850,000.00
7 - - Faster - - $8,709,000.00
8 - - Due Date - - $7,300,000.00
9 - - The Next Three Days - - $4,840,000.00
10 - - Morning Glory - - $4,030,000.00

New Movies Coming Soon to Theaters 12/03/10

11/30/10
Bhutto
Plot: Documentary about the polarizing Pakistani Benazir Bhutto and the role her assassination played in countries' history.

11/30/10
Outside the Law ( Hors-la-loi )
Language: French
Plot: A family torn apart by WWII find themselves in very different situations when they all happen to meet up in the French capital and are drawn into the struggle to liberate Algeria from French rule following the war.

12/03/10
All Good Things
Plot: Based on the true story of Robert Durst - In the 1980s the son of a real estate magnate marries a working-class girl and escape the hectic life of New York for country living. When they are drawn back to the city, and his wife gains more independence, he grows more violent until, one day, she disappears without a trace.

12/03/10
Applause ( Applaus )
Language: Danish
Plot: An up-and-coming actress finds her life in upheaval following a stint in rehab. After reconnecting with her ex-husband and two children, she thinks her life has been turned around, but as her acting life and old demons renter her life once again, she must make a choice.

12/03/10
Black Swan (2010)
Plot: At the New York City ballet a veteran dancer and an impressive upstart compete for the lead role in Swan Lake - but in this competitive world, finding the balance between light and dark can take its toll.

12/03/10
Come Undone ( Cosavogliodipiù )
Language: Italian

12/03/10
Dead Awake
Plot: A funeral parlor worker with a devastating past decides to fake his own funeral to see who will show up. He ends up befriending a junkie and reunites with a past flame but he soon realizes that things aren't as they seem.

12/03/10
I Love You Phillip Morris
Plot: A car accident changes the life of Steven Russell. The happily-married police officer realizes he's gay and starts down a road of cons and frauds. Winding up in prison, he meets Philip Morris, and decides they're meant to be together. He then sets about creating this perfect life.

12/03/10
Meskada
Genre: Crime/Drama

12/03/10
Night Catches Us
Plot: A man returns home to Philadelphia in 1976 and is caught up in the political and racial tensions in the same area where he grew up during the Black Power movement years before.

12/03/10
Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
Plot: An archeological dig in Finland unearths the "real" Santa Claus and far from Jolly Old Saint Nick we all know. Soon after children start disappearing and a father and son are determined to stop him, before his elves can find him.

12/03/10
The Warrior's Way
Plot: A one-time assassin and warrior has found peace and just maybe love in a forgotten town at the edge of the desert, but he will have to once again take up arms when trouble comes calling.

Dead Awake
Plot: A funeral parlor worker with a devastating past decides to fake his own funeral to see who will show up. He ends up befriending a junkie and reunites with a past flame but he soon realizes that things aren't as they seem.

this seems te be an interesting movie! Anyone who's going to see it?

Weekend Box Office (December 3 - 5, 2010)

1 - - Tangled - - $21,500,000.00
2 - - Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows Part 1 - - $16,735,000.00
3 - - Burlesque - - $6,100,000.00
3 - - Unstoppable - - $6,100,000.00
5 - - Love and Other Drugs - - $5,700,000.00
6 - - Megamind - - $5,030,000.00
7 - - Due Date - - $4,215,000.00
8 - - Faster - - $3,829,000.00
9 - - The Warrior's Way - - $3,051,000.00
10 - - The Next Three Days - - $2,650,000.00

I was wondering about seeing The Warrior's Way. Does anybody have an opinion?

And BTW, Tangled beat Harry Potter? Really? That's just pathetic.

ShadowLugia said:
I was wondering about seeing The Warrior's Way. Does anybody have an opinion?

At first the trailers looked good, the later ones didn't. It didn't do well at the theaters this week.

Back