Movie Box Office

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

Ok so the title says it all.

Compared to movies by the current director David Yates, I think this one was a lot better. The 5th and 6th movies were both a little dull and contained a lot less action. This movie has a lot more interesting parts and follows the books plot closer in my opinion.

Ok so try not to spoil it for those who haven't see it yet. And for bragging I saw it at midnight on that first day.

RE: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

I Might see it in theaters as its the last one (after Goblet of Fire I waited til the others came out on dvd)

Saw it at midnight, and loved it. :) Pure epic win. :D

RE: Movie Discussion Thread II

They'll probably make part two reeeeallly dramatic and stuff. We'll see. Going to part one next friday. Hurraay

Went to the midnight release and enjoyed it. Probably one of the better adaptations so far.

I just saw it :D. The acting was very good and they followed the storyline well. When the ended I wish it would just keep going.

It was fantastic and i have to agree that the adaptation was really good and certainly entertaining because i thought everything went so fast

Where in the book did they split the two movies? I don't recall any epic enough moments to be the ending of a two-parter.

SPOILERZZZZZ

Voldemort obtaining the Elder Wand.

Warning spoiler in inviso text.

Right after dobby is buried and like Zenith said, Voldemort obtains the elder wand.

I saw it on the Midnight release on thursday, apparently over 1500 theaters where sold out 4 the midnight release anyways, epic movie & DOBBY ftw, during his badass speech the entire theater including myself applauded...

*Spoilers*

When Voldy gets the Elder Wand from dumbledore's grave.

Seeing it (HP7) for the second time at 2:30 today, can't wait!
Hopefully I'll be able to notice things I didn't catch in the previous viewing.

I watched it, and it was a lot better than I expected, because all my friends said it was crap. The beginning skipped to much imo :/

I gave up watching them after the abomination that was the fourth movie. If this one(and the sixth) really is(/are) good then I will see it(/them) if you guys think it's worth it.

Weekend Box Office (November 19 - 21, 2010)

1 - - Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows Part 1 - - $125,120,000.00
2 - - Megamind - - $16,175,000.00
3 - - Unstoppable - - $13,100,000.00
4 - - Due Date - - $9,150,000.00
5 - - The Next Three Days - - $6,750,000.00
6 - - Morning Glory - - $5,233,000.00
7 - - Skyline - - $3,431,000.00
8 - - Red - - $2,467,000.00
9 - - For Colored Girls... - - $2,400,000.00
10 - - Fair Game - - $1,470,000.00

OH MY LORD. 125 MILLION DOLLARS.
Not that I'm surprised, but still!
I totally agree with dmaster, that movie was the fastest two and a half hours of my life.

@Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot: Uhhh, just to be safe, I'd at the very least white out the spoiler text, because it was the first thing in the post that I read, and even though I saw it twice, there are people here that have yet to see the film.

Also, I agree on how the beginning was basically LOL HAY GUYS WERE HERE, NOW WE'RE WAYYYY OVER HERE, KAY? C WUT WE DID THER? It was a little abrupt and most of the non diehard fans of the series surrounding me were "lolwut'ing" the scene.

I thought that it was one of the best adaptions of the series. It had a nice balance of information and action. I'm a die-hard harry potter fan and found a few important and several minor things in the movie that would have been nice not to skip over.....but it was still an epic movie.

I saw it on its official showing, loved it. Wasn't looking forward to the two-part split, but they filled the movie with so much content I actually got used to the two-part split.

For a Harry Potter fan, it's an absolute must-see. By far one of the more viewable adaptations so far in the series, it left me with an intense craving for part two.

I saw the film, and for me, the beginning was a bit slow. The only part I didn't like was that the film ended just before my fave part of the book.

I am very excited to see the 2nd part.

Back