Movie Box Office

RE: Movie Discussion Thread II

To me Skyline looks like Independence Day meets Cloverfield. Unstoppable is just another "Runaway Train" movie.

I heard Skyline was pretty bad, and seemed to be all effects and no story. Which was what I feared in the first place.

I thought that Skyline seemed much more like War of the Worlds.

Also, I'm confused. Did Harry Potter come out already or does it come out on the 17?

It comes out this upcoming Friday, the 19th. I read the Skyline plot and wow, it just seems AWFUL.

It also seems like they have the worst knock-off actors I've seen in a while. Seriously. XD

You can clearly tell the movie was done on a very low budget.

dmaster out.

I just got back from my local theater's showing of Unstoppable, and I'm happy to say that it was actually done pretty well. The acting was exceptional, the plot wasn't just 'OMG GUYZ LOLTRAIN!', and my friends and I were on the edges of our seats nearly the entire movie.

Weekend Box Office (November 12 - 14, 2010)

1 - - Megamind - - $30,055,000.00
2 - - Unstoppable - - $23,500,000.00
3 - - Due Date - - $15,530,000.00
4 - - Skyline - - $11,678,400.00
5 - - Morning Glory - - $9,625,000.00
6 - - For Colored Girls... - - $6,750,000.00
7 - - Red - - $5,114,000.00
8 - - Paranormal Activity 2 - - $3,050,000.00
9 - - Saw 3D - - $2,750,000.00
10 - - Jackass 3D - - $2,300,000.00

Anyone saw Megamind? The idea behind this movie looks fun. Although it's almost exactly the same as 'Dispicable me'

New Movies Coming Soon to Theaters 11/19/10

11/19/10
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
Plot: As Voldemort consolidates his power, Harry, Hermione and Ron leave Hogwarts behind to begin their own quest to finish Dumbledore's mission to find and destroy the horcruxes.

11/19/10
Made in Dagenham
Plot: Dramatic recreations of the 1968 Ford Dagenham strike, in which the female employees left to protest sexual discrimination.

11/19/10
Me Too ( Yo, también )
Plot: A university student with Down's Syndrome and a bar-hopping woman who seeks a new man every night strike up a friendship despite coming from two different places, and it will change both their lives for the better.

11/19/10
The Next Three Days
Plot: A married couple's life is turned upside down when the wife is arrested for a murder she claims she did not commit. When her last appeal is turned down, the wife becomes suicidal, and the husband tries to break her out of prison. The Next Three Days is the remake of the 2007 French film Pour Elle.

11/19/10
Nothing Personal (2010)
Plot: A woman gives up her possessions and her former life in Holland and finds herself in a remote area of Ireland where she finds a kindred spirit in the form of a hermit, Martin.

11/19/10
White Material
Plot: In Africa the threat of civil and racial conflict threatens a French family on their coffee plantation. Despite the increasingly dangerous situation, the mother refuses to leave and seeks help from a black hero to survive.

Anybody else going to the Deathly Hallows midnight premiere...?

@Roa: This guy right here is going! Being a huge Harry Potter fan, I can't even contain my excitement during school, LOL.

I am too! :3 It really sucks though. Midnight shows sold it really quickly all around so I'll be going to a theater 15 miles away. I'm that dedicated though because I've been looking forward to this for a while. For the last movie, I'll be sure to check showtimes quicker. ._.

dmaster out.

I heard on the radio that 900 midnight shows were already sold out as of Monday.

Well lucky for me then. Our theater doesn't let us buy tickets in advance, so Imma wait outside from like 9 onward, most likely. xP

I wish you luck, as I think of last week's "The Big Bang Theory" and laugh.

I thought Deathly Hallows was fantastic. Some of the people I went with hadn't read the book and thought the first hour and a half was boring; as with the other Potter movies, having prior knowledge of the books definitely helped add to the experience. I told my friends they needn't worry -- the second movie is mostly comprised of the Battle of Hogwarts, so it should be action, action, action.

Good thing I don't have class on Fridays!

Ddfklasdjfkshdsc. Harry Potter, like CPM said, was FANTASTIC! I was overjoyed to see that the best scenes were the ones with great acting, rather than the action scenes, as this is the first part and the second one will be a bunch of "LET'S KILL SUM PEOPLE KAY?"

Yeah, this movie was simply Oh My God. Fastest two and a half hours of my life, for real. Only small qualm is where they cut it. They basically told the entire story (which I'm not really complaining about as they really included a LOT of detail, many of which was plucked straight from the book line for line, which was also simply amazing) that they left basically NOTHING for the next movie but pure action. It would have been better to split it up even further back, because really the fast scenes went by like a literal blur. I guess that was just the pace of it, but really there's not much to complain about, even considering that.

dmaster out.

According to box-office tracker Hollywood.com, that puts "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" third in the record books for midnight debuts, behind the last two "Twilight" movies: last summer's "Eclipse" with $30 million and 2009's "New Moon" with $26.3 million.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40277442/ns/today-entertainment/

Back