Most emotional moments in gaming.

Now, I don't know if this technically counts, but there are so many tear-jerking deaths in all the different Nuzlocke comic runs out there... Seriously, you end up getting so attached to the artist's Pokemon, and then BAM, a critical hit flies out of nowhere and kills a beloved teammate.

Not to mention that it's pretty sad when the same thing happens in your own runs as well.

There are some solid emotional moments in Final Fantasy X, although some are lessened by the (somewhat) lackluster FFX-2. It's one of my favorite games, and even after multiple playthoughs...oh, the feels!

Additionally, I always get intense feelings of nostalgia when playing Mega Man X, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time. The games themselves aren't too emotional, but I'd definitely say I'm emotionally invested.

tumblr_mdd1hikF3q1rw7n3jo1_500.png

Seeing this happen.

;_;

More detail for my other post.

Skip to 4:00
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCzWb_RP9C8[/video]

Bear in mind that Celes doesn't even know if any of her friends are alive and she isn't even the protagonist (although I would argue that there is no protagonist in this perfect game but that's for another time) and now it is technically post apocalypse.

Also Cyan losing his family in the war. FF6 has the best character development of any game you will ever play.

So, inFamous 2. Why does every single recent PS3 exclusive have an ending that just makes you feel bitter and saddened. In the first game, it's not so bad, because the worst part about the ending is Trish will always die. It just depends on your choice what she says to you.
But the second one... Man. If you go the evil path, it just makes you feel like your entire immersion; your bonding with the characters, is a waste. Let's side with The Beast, kill Nix who was basically one of the greatest characters I've seen in a video game to date, and kill Zeke, who is possibly your little brother and your best friend.
The Good path is not as rewarding though. It's much harder since there isn't as many opportunities and you end up killing every Conduit that lives. Sure, you cure the Plague, but you kill millions of people who were oblivious to you, and you kill Nix, Kuo, and yourself, whilst killing The Beast.

LoZ OoT. The finale touched something inside me... generally anything that has to do with how time flows gets me a bit emotional, and just seeing Zelda standing there, bidding you farewell with the Song of Time playing in the background, I really felt it was worth playing the game.

Also, I'll go for Kingdom Hearts as well, the one with Terra, Aqua and Ventus for the PSP. Especially Terra's ending... he was my favorite, and I felt his pain like mine.

And PMD Red/Blue/Time/Darkness. When you turn into an orb and fly through space after defeating Rayquaza, or when you change time and vanish along with it...

I keep beating my previous posts.
Language is vulgar, don't say I didn't warn you.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRUBmG8nuA&list=FL8jssjGOzvv2J4yvoB48d5A[/video]

I'd have to say the ending of Pokemon X and Y, AZ's story. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Then, there is also the ending of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky and Gates to Infinity. Sad.

The ending of Sonic Colors was just fascinating, I actually got excited for the final fight, and I was pleased for the conclusion.

I remember crying at Mystery Dungeon's (B & R) ending when I was like, 9 years old. It was so terribly sad ;-;

But luckily it's a happy ending after all. :3

One of the first "real" storyline-based games that I ever played was Luanr 2: Eternal Blue COMPLETE for the PS1, and there's a moment in that game that will always stand out to me as being incredibly emotional.

One of the members of your traveling party is Jean, a dancer woman from a gypsy camp that you help save from a monster. As the game progresses, you eventually learn that Jean was kidnapped as a child by a martial arts cult and is taught to be a child assassin. Eventually she managed to break free from her captors and escape, leaving the cult and her martial skills behind. Trying to forget her past, she joins the gypsy camp and becomes a dancer, spreading joy and happiness instead of fighting and pain. This story becomes known to the other party members because they eventually come across the very same cult and must take it down. Reluctantly, Jean shares her story with them so they know exactly what they're facing.

There's a part where the characters are at a dojo in a town and Jean decides once and for all that she must learn to confront her past and move beyond it instead of running from it. She takes off the dancing gear and changes into clothing more suited for a martial artist. During this particular cut scene, she gives a sort of internal monologue speech that makes me tear up, without fail, every time I play the game (despite being kind of cheesy). And teh changes are more than symbolic; Jean loses all of her previous fighting skills and attacks and now has entirely new attacks based on martial arts, becoming a much stronger member of the party.

What's even better is that Jean isn't alone in this kind of personal connection to the story, which is a lot of why I like the Lunar series of RPGs. Each and every character is connected to the story in some way and have well-developed characters and histories. Jean's is probably the most emotional (at least for me), but all of the party members grow and evolve throughout the game, and not just their spells and attacks, but their feelings and beliefs and characters. I actually could have listed at least a few more emotional moments in this story, but this one is my favourite, so I'll leave it at that.

Back