Most emotional moments in gaming.

I've always liked to think of Kingdom Hearts' plot as trying to save his girlfriend. (Who cares about Riku? He's practically Jacob.. <_<)
The ending was pretty emotional.

Only other thing I can think of is my Chao evolving in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I was so obsessed with that as a kid.. xD

I take back what I said.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIr0SG5K9H0[/video]
You can't be more emotional than this.

Ok. I think I have another one that is...just a tad more emotional than anything in Modern Warfare....(really? MOST emotional? Modern Warfare? Are you serious?)

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwHrQdC02FY[/video]

Delta said:
Ok. I think I have another one that is...just a tad more emotional than anything in Modern Warfare....(really? MOST emotional? Modern Warfare? Are you serious?)

yeah man didn't you know everyone loves call of duty for the engaging storyline and the deep, well-written characters?

Some Loser said:
Delta said:

yeah man didn't you know everyone loves call of duty for the engaging storyline and the deep, well-written characters?

Yeah, well, they got lucky once with a surprising and interesting inversion on a very common trope, but MOST emotional moment? pfffft. That would be like giving the village idiot a diploma honoris causa after his only good idea, ever.

They still have 15 or so mindless games to atone for.

professorlight said:
Yeah, well, they got lucky once with an surprising and interesting inversion on a very common trope, but MOST emotional moment? pfffft. That would be like giving the village idiot a diploma honoris causa after his only good idea, ever.

Well I like COD for its strengths, but being an emotional game is not one of them.

Some Loser said:
professorlight said:
Yeah, well, they got lucky once with an surprising and interesting inversion on a very common trope, but MOST emotional moment? pfffft. That would be like giving the village idiot a diploma honoris causa after his only good idea, ever.

Well I like COD for its strengths, but being an emotional game is not one of them.

Yeah, shooters tend to be like that. but not all, I've heard some pretty disturbing (great) things of spec ops: the line.

Anyway, another nomination:

The legend of zelda: skyward sword: The whole game. PLAY IT, it's beautiful.
If you have to choose one zelda to play, choose this one. If you have to buy a wii to play it, BUY IT. If you have to buy a wii motion plus to play it, F****** DO IT.

Journey: Again, the whole game. There are no words to make it justice. If portal represents the best of logic and wit in videogames (and IT DOES), journey represents the best of emotional manipulation through visual media and a completely silent story.
In other words: YOU WILL F****** CRY.

I would have to say a very emotional time I had was in the Pokemon mystery dungeon games, darkness and sky. I was so sad when grovyle goes away and then you fade away. That really got to be both times.

I have two that aren't real spoilers. In SSBB, when I play against someone and they send me flying out in the last second. And In any Mario Party game when you think you have won by one star (not counting bonus stars) and you land on a bowser space on the last turn and you lose your win. That game...

Journey.
Just... Journey.

I'll admit, I do think people have overrated the game (Seriously? Crying?), but wow is it great.

The ending bit where you and your partner are freezing is just... Man. Goosebumps all over. I felt actual feelings seeing my "friend" fall to the ground. Someone I didn't even know, someone in a virtual world, I felt feelings for. Seeing me go down didn't even get that strong a reaction from me. It's just amazing.

SotS said:
Journey.
Just... Journey.

I'll admit, I do think people have overrated the game (Seriously? Crying?), but wow is it great.

The ending bit where you and your partner are freezing is just... Man. Goosebumps all over. I felt actual feelings seeing my "friend" fall to the ground. Someone I didn't even know, someone in a virtual world, I felt feelings for. Seeing me go down didn't even get that strong a reaction from me. It's just amazing.

yes, seriously. Now, since I don't have a ps3, I had to watch a let's play, but still, it felt like a movie, and since the game its so simple I don't think I missed much on gameplay, but it was f****** moving, the visuals, th music, the colors... and I couldn't even cry when my grandpa died, and I loved the old guy. Even more, I showed the let's play to my mom, who is stuck in the tetris/pacman era of videogames, and refuses to acknowledge them as art and equivalent to the books she loves so much, and by the end, she had stopped complaining and was tearing up. she was tearing up.

And In any Mario Party game when you think you have won by one star (not counting bonus stars) and you land on a bowser space on the last turn and you lose your win. That game...
You're right; laughing at my friend's misfortune really loudly does count as being really emotional.
Huh. I never thought about it that way! Thanks for that; I needed a smile.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned anything from the Professor Layton series yet.

The moment when Celeste reveals herself to be Claire, transported into the future by the explosion, and has a tearful reunion with Layton moments before her time runs out, and she's returned back to the moment, and killed. Layton proceeds to take his signature hat, a gift from Claire, off for the first time, and begins to cry.

End of Kingdom Hearts.

"Kairi - remember what you said before? I'm always with you too. I'll come back to you! I promise!"

"I know you will!"

Boom. Tears.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei:

I always get choked up when I'm going off to fight this game's final boss. The size and scope of it were crazy compared to the rest of the game's bosses, and while it's hard to appreciate without playing through the rest of the game first, there really is this awe-inspiring sense of finality to it. Like, this is it. This is the revenge you've been seeking this whole time.[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJR_tWvsMM[/video]
(And then of course once you kill it with a good enough dragon form, it pulls the I-had-a-true-form-all-along card, complete with roller coaster camera sweeps and lots of sparkles. Gah.)

"No you can't go, Akio, you're the most important person in the world to me." ~ Akira (Female Eevee, going by FE)
"I feel the same way." ~ Akio (Male Riolu, Main Character, going by MR)
"Goodbye...." ~MR
"....Sniff.... Akio...." ~FE

OMG, the ending of Explorers of Time Sky/Darkness/Time tugged on my heart strings. It was amazingly sad. I loved it, and it showed how much of a connection Akio and Akira had.

The part in the first mystery dungeon game where you got kicked out of town and couldn't take caterpie.

Edit: Also cubone's pokedex entry in yelow.

Back