Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kindfully accept of being one, but it might be hard for me since I'm new to be a Moderater....

also, can you PM me the application, since i don't have a Printer. and do i have to pay?

Water Pokemon Master said:
Note: You must have AIM or Skype (MSN or Yahoo IM is acceptable but not preferred) at the time of the interview. This is a requirement.
I don't see why. This seems a bit unreasonable.

I'd hate to be WPM or Shining Raikou when this is over. Having to go through how many applications and having to narrow down choices?

Sounds like a lot of work for two people.

ZoroarkDude24 said:
I'm kindfully accept of being one, but it might be hard for me since I'm new to be a Moderater....

also, can you PM me the application, since i don't have a Printer. and do i have to pay?

Someone posted it already. And no, you don't have to pay. :F

ArceusShayminLovr said:
Code:
PokéBeach Moderator Application

Basic Information

1. First and last name
2. PokéBeach username
3. Aliases on other forums and sites
4. Age
5. Grade level / year in school (and your majors and minors if you're in college)
6. E-mail address
7. IM contact information, such as AIM, MSN, Skype, etc.
8. State and/or country
Some Explanation

1. How many hours are you online each day on average and does this ever change?
2. What responsibilities do you have in real life? Are you part of a club, a team, have to take care of people, etc.? If so, how would this affect your time and ability to moderate and contribute to the site?
3. How stable is your life right now in terms of being able to dedicate yourself to a moderator position for the long-run? Are you going to be going to college soon, getting a job, etc., that may interfere with the amount of time you will have here? How many years do you think you can dedicate to our site?
4. What is your current or previous work experience in real life or online? (Work experience = jobs, officer in a club at school, moderator on another forum, etc.) Feel free to write more than a few sentences if you have lots of experience. If you have none, simply say so (sometimes that's a good thing!). If you have done online work, link us!
Longer Explanation

1. Please take this personality test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm When you are done, copy your results, paste them into Word, and attach them in your application e-mail.
2. Tell us your experience with Pokemon. Which aspects of the franchise are you involved in? How has Pokemon affected your life? How long have you played Pokemon? Have you ever won a tournament? This is an open-ended question so tell us everything about you in relation to Pokemon.
3. What do you think of PokéBeach as a website? What do you think of its webmaster and its moderators? What does this site mean to you?
4. Read the new forum organization document (http://pokebeach.com/forums/forums-8-23.doc) and select up to three forums you feel you could moderate (picking one or two is fine). Tell us why you feel you can moderate these forums.
5. How would you improve PokéBeach and its forums? What problems do you notice? Which do you think you can fix? What are your ideas? What would you bring to the table as a moderator?
6. Have you contributed to PokéBeach in any way already? Are you well-known for fixing decks, providing advice, helping people on the forum, etc.? Link us to what you would say is a good example of "work" or contributions you've made on the forums.
7. How would you describe your online self and real-life self? What would your friends and family say about you? What would God say about you? What would you say is your biggest problem(s) in regards to working with other people or just in general?
8. Feel free to tell us anything else about yourself that this application may have not covered.
There you go.

It's also not unreasonable to have either AIM or Skype. You need a IM chat client to talk with people. Get used to communicating now so you're ready when you're older.

dmaster out.

ZoroarkDude24 said:

What do you need a printer for? And why would you need to pay? I've never heard of a job where you pay the boss xD
Edit; dmaster explained it :F

@mr.619- I guess they need more luck than the people applying do.

ZoroarkDude24 said:
i changed my mind then, it's hard to do this...

Erm. Why? Just fill out the application, and then e-mail it to the correct address mentioned in the instructions. Easy enough eh?

Okay I just realized I might have done something wrong.

When I emailed the application, I noted in the email that I would use the Yahoo IM chat thing.

Im actually not sure what my IM address is. Is it the same as my email? Or what?
Either way, I was assuming it would only be needed if I was selected as a candidate for the interview part.

I have IM, so dont dock me on that, but can I give it in a PM if I am selected?
Am I still ok?

shadoworganoid said:
Okay I just realized I might have done something wrong.

When I emailed the application, I noted in the email that I would use the Yahoo IM chat thing.

Im actually not sure what my IM address is. Is it the same as my email? Or what?
Either way, I was assuming it would only be needed if I was selected as a candidate for the interview part.

I have IM, so don't dock me on that, but can I give it in a PM if I am selected?
Am I still ok?

your user name:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back