• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mew/Rhyperior X (New Decklist) (Masters, Cities)

RE: Mew/Rhyperior X (Updated Decklist) (Masters, Cities)

Pokemon:
4 Mew Prime
4 Sableye
2 Rhyperior X
2-2 Delcatty
2-2 Blaziken X

T/S/S:
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
3 Pokemon Rescue
3 Bebe's Search
3 Snowpoint Temple
2 Palmer's Contribution

Energy:
5 Fire
4 Rescue
14 Psychic

I like it! Good luck to you. Let me know how it goes for ya!:D

Why 4 Judge? You are not playing disruption so it is not even needed. And considering you are running Delcatty AND Pokemon Rescue, Palmer's isn't even necassary. VS Seeker might be best if you want to get those used Supporters out of the discard, unless you are under Trainer Lock. And you also have Blaziken to Luring Flame a weak Vileplume.

Judge is used as disruption to the opponent and refresh to you. He/she will not be able to set up with barrage of judges. I've even seen this deck ran with giratina/weavile/seeker. Your mew set up can handle disruption and have to take advantage of anything since mew is fragile.

- like the idea of VS seeker. Also consider energy returner instead of palmers. Just in case something happens to delcatty and you need those energy. But trainer locks make that not so good.

Palmers is really there only in a emergency if all my Mew's are gone, or if my deck is running low. I don't really need Palmers, but I do not want to be running too many trainers, on account of the trainer lock. And Delcatty is only used to put two energy back on the deck to discard again. Palmer's will put up to 5 energies or combination of energies, skitty, delcatty, mew, or blazikens. And if my blazikens were milled and trainer lock is out, Palmers will get my blaziken back into the deck.

And I ran VS seeker in this deck before it was changed. I only ran two, and hardly were ever able to use them. They were always milled

I am thinking about running a 1-1 Manectric (PLT) with energy Barrier. If I could prevent my Blaziken and Delcatty from being snipped, as well as my other Mews, it might be worth it. What do you guys think?

Not sure if it would be worth it to sacrifice consistency for manny. That does open a door though to using mew to see off magnazone prime. Hmm.....

I would most definently take out the delcattys for more energy. You don't want to start with it at all. I would also replace the Sableye with Mesprit. You don't need a starter for this deck, you have nothing to set-up. You just need a basic pokemon and an energy. The disruption from Mesprit would be sooooo much more useful than setting up.

But then Mespirit is just sitting on my bench taking up space, and I need my bench space. The Delcatty's are there for a purpose to make sure I do damage, hence they are staying. If my deck runs too much energy it is a double edged sword because I would have 4 more energy to discard, but I cannot guarantee I am doing damage.

So you say it’s bad to start with a tech, then suggest one? lol Delcatty isn’t half bad here, but you can’t be sure you’ll get it out before you start attacking. In that case, play 1-2 so you minimize starting with skitty and get enough delcatty so you can discard at least one without the extras getting in the way. Collecters will pull up a skitty without much drawback.

Mesprit isn’t bad, either, but the situations it will honestly be good in are slim and none because mew, being so fragile, isn’t stopping your opponent from taking prizes. Judge is ample disruption against SPs, and with snowpoint in play, I can see a decent game if LuxChomps get too excited about every cyrus draw. It’s too bad topdecked sprays stop you short, but only topdecked. You’ve got a pretty reliable list that wiggles you out of a bit of stuff. I’m just gonna look at the trainers again.

~L_X_F

So you say it’s bad to start with a tech, then suggest one? lol Delcatty isn’t half bad here, but you can’t be sure you’ll get it out before you start attacking. In that case, play 1-2 so you minimize starting with skitty and get enough delcatty so you can discard at least one without the extras getting in the way. Collecters will pull up a skitty without much drawback, and what’s more, your pokemon rescues turn your milling into a mini search.

Mesprit isn’t bad, either, but the situations it will honestly be good in are slim and none because mew, being so fragile, isn’t stopping your opponent from taking prizes. Judge is ample disruption against SPs, and with snowpoint in play, I can see a decent game if LuxChomps get too excited about every cyrus draw. It’s too bad topdecked sprays stop you short. You’ve got a pretty reliable list that wiggles you out of a bit of stuff, but I’d rather not play this if there’s a Dialga X around, so drop blaziken for helpful cards.

~L_X_F

I cannot drop blaziken because DGX is around unfortunately. And I do not really believe in not running a deck because a certain card is around. I can make this deck work, even against SP. Just watch =)

Dialgas? In your area? You’re pretty brave lol Prove me wrong, sir.

~L_X_F

I will do my best. And if I cant make it work, it could work extremely well. I am doing some playtesting tonight against some SP decks, and some regular decks. I am trying out Energy Barrier Manectric to prevent my bench from being sniped, but we will see how it works

Tidarus, if you are going to use Manectric from Platinum, make sure to put a bench shield on him, to prevent him from being sniped.

Yea, I was already thinking about that. I am going to playtest without it first. I don't even know if he is going to work or not

Ew. Clunky. You know that Bright Look+Promocroak gets rid of Manectric and Delcatty, and a Bright Look or Dragon Rush gets rid of Skitty and Electrike. It’s just more liability that this doesn’t seem to handle well. Well, I guess that’s what testplaying is for.

~L_X_F

After thinking about it, I don't think I am going to run Manectric. Too many variables to account for. I will post a remade deck here in a little bit. Manectric just wont work

Agreed. The deck is about speed. The more you add in, the more you need. Don't over tech the deck. Your bench will be rotating if your deck is consistent. Manny isn't the way to go.

I agree. And LXF, Promocroak is not a threat out here. It is not something I need to be concered about. I have never seen one played at my league

Back