Mega Manectric EX Variants

What do you guys think of dragonite virizion and mega manectric? That prize denial is one strategy. Manectric through yveltal is good due to the low energy cost and weakness, and virizion eats through toad quickly. Is anyone doing it?

I have been playing a varient with Plasma Kyurem, glaciate kyurem, Kyurem Ex with outrage, Keldeo EX, and articuno EX. The articuno ex is almost useless but I liked that it can spread damage. The deck also playes rough seas and fresh water sets to make the pokemon live longer. It is a fun deck to play and has won a few tournaments on ptcgo.

I think Manectric / Water is good now. It used to not have a good stadium but now Rough Seas is perfect for this deck.

Would Primal Kyogre be a good partner with M Manetric? You can put the energy on Primal Kyogre then attack for 150 with him. The only thing is that it's a bit clunky.

How do you guys think Manectric will fare with the release of Roaring Skies? Trainer's Mail and Mega Turbo make Manectric even faster and all the lightning-weak Pokémon are pretty easy to kill. Fighting is less popular now as well. Kinda afraid of the Seismitoad matchup though.

How do you guys think Manectric will fare with the release of Roaring Skies? Trainer's Mail and Mega Turbo make Manectric even faster and all the lightning-weak Pokémon are pretty easy to kill. Fighting is less popular now as well. Kinda afraid of the Seismitoad matchup though.
M Manectric will probably increase in popularity for those reasons and it actually has a decent Siesmotoad match up, I wouldn't be surprised if it became a Teir 2 deck by the end of Regionals.

Starting to get ideas together for a deck with M Manectric with wobbuffet and garbodor. The idea is to have abilities shut off the entire game, particularly for Shaymin Ex. I think it's possible to start attacking with mega manectric during your second turn once you evolve due to mega turbo and have garbodor with a tool attached. What are your guy's thoughts? Should this deck now be more of an item base draw? I feel that it's too risky to go that route with Seismitoad and Trevenant around.

Exactly the reason I switched to Manectric from Fairies- it's a hard counter to Rayquaza and Yveltal. I play Manectric/Shiftry too, so you have the Grass weakness covered for P-Groudon and Toad, as well as being able to take advantage of Rayquaza's Skyfield for Deranged Dance. The synergy between these two is pretty good, as you can discard Grass energy for draw power with Shiftry and Mega Turbo/Turbo Bolt it onto things from the discard. With the release of the new "Broken Leaf-Space" stadium in Ancient Origins, I plan to do a lot more testing with this combination...

Exactly the reason I switched to Manectric from Fairies- it's a hard counter to Rayquaza and Yveltal. I play Manectric/Shiftry too, so you have the Grass weakness covered for P-Groudon and Toad, as well as being able to take advantage of Rayquaza's Skyfield for Deranged Dance. The synergy between these two is pretty good, as you can discard Grass energy for draw power with Shiftry and Mega Turbo/Turbo Bolt it onto things from the discard. With the release of the new "Broken Leaf-Space" stadium in Ancient Origins, I plan to do a lot more testing with this combination...
This looks interesting with the new stadium, but for now it looks pretty inconsistent and slow to me. Not really sold on the idea yet to be honest.

Starting to like M Manectric with Ninetales and Rough Seas though. You've got pretty good matchups against most of the current top decks, but Donphan is pretty much an autoloss. Groudon might be hard as well.

This looks interesting with the new stadium, but for now it looks pretty inconsistent and slow to me. Not really sold on the idea yet to be honest.

Starting to like M Manectric with Ninetales and Rough Seas though. You've got pretty good matchups against most of the current top decks, but Donphan is pretty much an autoloss. Groudon might be hard as well.

I don't know about slow- I was able to keep up with Rayquaza by relying on Manectrics until I got Shiftry set up for draw. Sometimes it can be inconsistent, sure, but I'm hoping to test it out with the new Stadium come August and see if that helps. The good thing is that once you get one Shiftry up, you can start drawing into the pieces needed to make more, and Manectric hits quickly enough for you to lay some quick damage on the board.

I can also vouch for this decks consistency and speed, I run this deck and i've had very little problems speed wise :) Its consistency isn't bad, but no its not great by any means, it is incredibly fun to play however and has large advantages over many popular decks :)

I have been running a M Manectirc EX deck that was just a 3-3 M Manectirc EX line as the pokemon in the deck. I have been running the deck with laser bank as well as hammers and other disruptive cards like silent lab. It has been doing good aside from the one unexpected donphan deck that I ran into.

I have been running a M Manectirc EX deck that was just a 3-3 M Manectirc EX line as the pokemon in the deck. I have been running the deck with laser bank as well as hammers and other disruptive cards like silent lab. It has been doing good aside from the one unexpected donphan deck that I ran into.

Hmmm solo Manectric might not be such a bad idea, the card doesn't have a bad offensive presence at all. I wonder if a disruptive Manectric deck with Vileplume and Giant Plant Forest from the new set might be a good idea. You could even tech in a Wobbuffet to deal with opposing Fighting types like Lucario-EX, and to shut down your Vileplume if you want to play any Hammers/Head Ringers.

The deck has done well so far aside from the donphan match. I made it so it was quick enough to deal with M Rayqueza EX decks. When the Vileplume comes out I may end up playing it with Manectric EX.

Tried Shaymin-ex w/ Set Up combined w/ Mega Manectric and Shiftry and Training Center on tcgone...

Results:

Lost badly only to Mega Gardy, and/or situations where I don't have access to Shiftry and/or MegaMane, whether it's by inability to retreat to them, or if Shaymin is Lysandre'd up on the last two prizes, and/or similar situations, all of which, oddly, occurred rarely...

^ Otherwise, it got me a majority of wins overall, convincing me that the variant I tried is a better deck than other sub-par Mega Manectric decks that can't last against all the big boys in tourneys, in my opinion...

^ I wonder what you think about the ShayManeTry deck I tried out?

edit: posted my list in the deck garage, in case you want an idea of the list I used...

Last edited:
Tried Shaymin-ex w/ Set Up combined w/ Mega Manectric and Shiftry and Training Center on tcgone...

Results:

Lost badly only to Mega Gardy, and/or situations where I don't have access to Shiftry and/or MegaMane, whether it's by inability to retreat to them, or if Shaymin is Lysandre'd up on the last two prizes, and/or similar situations, all of which, oddly, occurred rarely...

^ Otherwise, it got me a majority of wins overall, convincing me that the variant I tried is a better deck than other sub-par Mega Manectric decks that can't last against all the big boys in tourneys, in my opinion...

^ I wonder what you think about the ShayManeTry deck I tried out?

edit: posted my list in the deck garage, in case you want an idea of the list I used...

Posted my thoughts in the thread. I think Shaymin is good for quick setups, but I think it's a bit of a liability unless you're getting ahead in prizes quickly and keep momentum up...I'm not entirely sold on the card in a deck without Scoop-Ups at the moment, but then I'm not an experienced player.

Was it the extra draw from Shaymin that got you the wins, do you think? Do you think Shiftry could be replaced by another Pokemon, eg. Vileplume in the new expansion? And were you able to get enough Benched Pokemon in play for Deranged Dance to do enough damage?

I sound like a reporter. But I am genuinely interested.

Tried Megaman with Ninetales, Rough Seas, Silent Stadium, Max Potions and a very heavy line of trainers at nationals today. Reached top 16, which is pretty nice considering I wasn't playing item lock and not playing the game for a long time.

Played against only one item lock deck (Trevenant in round 1), which I lost because I didn't draw an energy for a few turns. Can't really say how well it performs. Trevenant did get the 2nd place today though.

Other matchups were pretty easy. Only had trouble with a Primal Kyogre because I couldn't two shot it and he played a heavy line of super scoop up. Couldn't get through that.

Most games went kinda the same way though. Deal damage with one Megaman, soak some damage, retreat it next turn and attack with second Megaman. Add in a third Manectric and a bunch of Max Potions (and of course Rough Seas) and good luck. Metal decks are basically a free win unless they get board control before I do, which rarely happens. Only time that did happen was because I mulliganed 8 times, lol.

Damage output and low amount of Pokémon are definitely a problem. Losing Trump Card will be hard for my variant though, it allowed me to use my Max Potions much more freely. Very fun deck though.

Back