Mega Manectric EX Variants

Camoclone said:
Ivy_Profen said:
I also wonder if 1 Deoxys is still going to be needed. M Manectric is going to be a huge pain to VirGen decks as well. So with 1 of Deoxys and a G-Booster can OHKO to prevent Max potion shenanigans.

Deoxys EX also really can help against Donphan, Kyurem, Yveltal (and any other 130 HP Pokemon). Megalo Cannon + Muscle Band + Power Connect = 130.

Though with M Manectric can hit for 130 with just a muscle band as well without the need for Deoxys in the deck.

I've been testing around with M Manectric in Yveltal Garb, but I really don't like it. I only play Garb for Pyroar and Virgen. I already win the pyroar matchups if I have either Garb or Manectric in the deck (not both). And VirGen becomes a harder match when there are more tech cards in your deck.

In my M manectric deck I also run yveltal ex, kyurem EX (outrage), Mewtwo EX, drakrai EX, Yveltal, zekrom (outrage). And it has worked well for me so far.

Anyone consider running M Manectric EX Black Kyurem EX? The acceleration is there, you have 1 shot potential and if you splash a Keldeo EX you get the switch effects hou need while countering fighting types. Haven't seen a list yet but i think it could be good in theory.

spraypaintsas75 said:
Anyone consider running M Manectric EX Black Kyurem EX? The acceleration is there, you have 1 shot potential and if you splash a Keldeo EX you get the switch effects hou need while countering fighting types. Haven't seen a list yet but i think it could be good in theory.

I very much considered it, but its immensely slower than the Yveltal variant. In the Yveltal version no attacker requires more than 2 energies to attack. Also, when making space for Keldeo you have to account for float stones (as to not waste your darkness energy assuming you'd use Darkrai). Plus you've now added abilities to your deck making Garbodor a problem because he'll be turning those abilities off, meaning you have to make space for Startling Megaphones, Xerosic, etc...to keep your Keldeo useful, who already has a glaring Grass weakness with VirGen so popular.

The Kyurem EX version would certainly hit hard when properly set up, but the additions the deck would require to make it work take away from other resources I think I'd rather have, not to mention that the deck would become much more klunky.

I think black kyurem could work if you set up a couple fail safes (superior energy retrievable).

I was thinking....What about Mega Manectric EX tool box. A deck that contains a 3-3 or 4-3 Mega Manectric EX line using many different non EX and EX Pokemon to counter different kinds of decks. This way, you can use battle compressor to discard the different energy you need to charge up the certain Pokemon for the matchup.

I don't know, just a thought. I know this deck seems cluttered, but it might be able to be decent.

totodile_it_down said:
spraypaintsas75 said:

I very much considered it, but its immensely slower than the Yveltal variant. In the Yveltal version no attacker requires more than 2 energies to attack. Also, when making space for Keldeo you have to account for float stones (as to not waste your darkness energy assuming you'd use Darkrai). Plus you've now added abilities to your deck making Garbodor a problem because he'll be turning those abilities off, meaning you have to make space for Startling Megaphones, Xerosic, etc...to keep your Keldeo useful, who already has a glaring Grass weakness with VirGen so popular.

The Kyurem EX version would certainly hit hard when properly set up, but the additions the deck would require to make it work take away from other resources I think I'd rather have, not to mention that the deck would become much more klunky.

I was thinking just Manectric/ Black Kyurem/ Keldeo without the dark stuff. For the pokemon and energy line up line up something like:

14 POKEMON
4 Manectric EX
3 M Manectric EX
3 Black Kyurem EX
2 Keldeo EX
1 Zekrom (LT)
1 Kyurem (LT)

12 Energy
6 Water Energy
6 Lightning Energy

spraypaintsas75 said:
I was thinking just Manectric/ Black Kyurem/ Keldeo without the dark stuff. For the pokemon and energy line up line up something like:

14 POKEMON
4 Manectric EX
3 M Manectric EX
3 Black Kyurem EX
2 Keldeo EX
1 Zekrom (LT)
1 Kyurem (LT)

12 Energy
6 Water Energy
6 Lightning Energy
This seems inherently "slow" to me since the Manectric EX (assuming active Poké) is providing some energy attachment acceleration; but it is also taking damage for its efforts. Secondly, any of the EXs could be "walled" by a Sigilyph too. Good old Rain Dancing Blastoise seems much more efficient, IMO.

Do you think that 2-2 MManectric-EX, 3 Yveltal-EX, 2-2 Beartic FFI, and 2 Zekrom(Outrage+Bolt Strike) lines in MManectric-Yveltal is a better counter to New PlasmaKlang and/or Donphan+Tech decks than 3-3 MManectric-EX, 3 Yveltal-EX, 2 Darkrai-EX, and 1 Yveltal?

Because from what I'm seeing, the listed MManectric-Yveltal-EX deck has a glaring weakness: Heavy on EXes and cannot OHKO PlasmaKlang, even if the attacking Pokemon has Muscle Band attached, so if PlasmaKlang pops out on the opposing side, and EX damage is negated by Plasma Steel...

edit: I'm not asking for advice, fyi... I'm just making suggestions regarding possible techs that fit with the deck blueprint to better deal with decks that could otherwise wall and/or outmatch it, such as PlasmaKlang and Donphan+Techs, as implied on the above line, for example...

That's why I'd put a 2-2 garbodor in the list. I'm not sure how clunky it's gonna be though.

Aviste said:
That's why I'd put a 2-2 garbodor in the list. I'm not sure how clunky it's gonna be though.

I'm sorry, but in this case, I believe Garbodor is not a tech that will not hurt this deck's synergy, and sadly, if any deck's synergy is hurt significantly, it will be crushed when facing one of its weaknesses. In this case, the weaknesses of this deck are PlasmaKlang, and Donphan+Techs, but as my main concern here is how one of the topic's decks(the MManectric+Yveltal-EX one) could be altered to tech in order to deal w/ its weaknesses, especially PlasmaKlang, better, combined with the fact that at the same time, if a card has the potential to mess with its synergy, then it's a hindrance in the deck in question, let me tell you why I believe Garbodor hurts "metadeck MManectric-Yveltal-EX"'s synergy...

^ If you want garbotoxin, you need two float stones as well, however, given the amount of tweak-able and/or open slots in this deck w/o hurting its performance in battle, as well as the fact that adding Garbotoxin means little to no room for more than 1 non-ex attacker after 2 garbodor+2 trubbish+2 float stone. If you want garbodor to attack, you will also need psychic energy, and all that would result in either too many cards, or, if you managed to achieve a deck count of 60 w/ the garbotoxin idea included, a needed omission of important cards(shadow circle, compressor, tool retrieval, and if you don't like any of the above, or if you have extra room in deck for it, max potion) that could have helped this deck's basic strategy(remember that a deck cannot have any less or any more than 60 cards), and the resulting absence of cards that had to be omitted in order to meet the 60-card limit, will most likely hurt this deck's synergy in a significantly negative manner, and as a result, this deck's basic strategy won't work as well as it could if those important cards are in the deck instead of cards like float stone, garbodor and the trubbish that goes with it, and therefore, I can see these events that turn this idea into a not-so-good idea happening if you include Garbotoxin in this deck:

...Hello, Startling Megaphone/Xerosic...

...Goodbye, Garbotoxin and ability lock...

...Hello, effective Plasma Steel...

...Goodbye, EX damage to Steel-types...

...Hello, Bronzong metal-scooping to Aegislash-ex...

...And as soon as Aegislash-ex has enough energy to attack, goodbye, Garbodor: Not only did you made the MManectric deck's synergy significantly low, you made that same deck crushable by PlasmaKlang + Steels. If Garbodor's your only non-ex card other than Beartic, then it's game over: PlasmaKlang will wall Beartics w/ Float Stone, Beartic can only do 20, and PlasmaKlang can hit for weakness and OHKO Beartic, and even if Beartic survives, without Water energy in this deck(which will also hurt synergy because you already have dark and lightning energy), you will have no way to do any significant damage to the Steels w/ Beartic, and since your only big-boy cards remaining are EXes, as Plasma Steel negates all EX attack damage, can anyone say auto-loss?

Manectric/Yveltal can't really beat a deck with heavy Safeguard Pokemon. You can play 2-3 Yveltal XY, but they cost too many Energy to take out 2-3 Safeguard Pokemon in time. The deck that's most likely to play Safeguard Pokemon is Donphan, so if you use M Manectric to power up your Yveltals, it just gets crushed by Donphan immediately. It is possible, but I would probably just accept the bad match up before teching in tons of cards to beat it.

Beartic doesn't seem very useful in this deck. M Manectric takes out Pyroar in one hit, and Yveltal EX/XY can handle Landorus pretty easily.

Plasma Klinklang isn't very popular these days. Sure, the idea is cool with Bronzong, but Bronzong decks are already tight on space. Fitting in Plasma Klinklang is really difficult, and makes the deck too clunky. Yes, if you set up Klinklang against a Manectric deck, you're gonna win, but it's just too hard to do that, and anything with a decent non EX counter and/or G Booster is still gonna beat you. Maybe in Extended, since you have Heavy Ball, but I wouldn't count on it being too good.

I have not seen one PlasmaKlang deck online despite the fact that you're likely to find all kinds of bizarre and non-meta decks on there at any given time. I think that's pretty telling. It would certainly be a pain if someone were to get one all set up. If I see any Kling on the field I'll be sure to make them top priority for removal to avoid having to deal with EX-lock. Thanks for reminding me of a card I had forgotten about.

As for dealing with Donphan decks, I do like to add one Kyurem (Outrage) to my M Manectric/Yveltal EX build (I already run 2 DCE to give a little extra umph to my Evil Ball when needed). Since Donphan is rarely OHKO'ing Pokemon thanks to Spinning Turn being the main attack used, Kyurem often gets powered up pretty quickly, or your opponent is forced to waste resources to get him out of the active. Or, even more ideally, having to use Wreck to take Kyurem out while I swoop in with Yveltal EX and finish off a powered up Donphan. Either way it throws a monkey wrench in your opponents game plan.

Speaking of potential techs into M Manectric/Yveltal builds, I considered using Reshiram instead of Kyurem to help with VirGen and Metal decks. I quickly found out that those decks too easily OHKO my measly 130HP Pokemon (Dialga EX's base attack does 150 damage and G-Booster quickly extinguishes any fire Reshiram was hoping to start). Just a helpful tip that may save you some time in your play testing.

I have made a few M manectric EX varients recently. Those variants include Yveltal EX/ M Manectric EX, M Manectric EX/ Pyroar, and M manectric EX/ Steel. All three have good matchups and Have a way to counter donphan or at least ease the pain against donphan. The Yveltal EX variant has Yvelatal EX which resists fighting and it also has the Shadow circle stadium which stops weakness when a darkness energy is attached. The Pyroar Matchup isnt quite as good against Pyroar but it has Charizard EX ( Combustion Blast ) that can ohko a Donphan as well as all of the walls aside from sigilyph/ suicune. The Steel matchup has a few pokemon that can counter donphan. The first one would be Aegislash EX its ability stopes pokemon with special energy from doing damage to it, another counter would be Heatran which can OHKO anything in typical donphan decks. They are all very fun to play but I think the yveltal EX variant is pretty good.

Is there a clear list of Manectric/Seismitoad? I read somewhere that it pairs with non EX attacker. I think either toad or manectric as a starter is great.

So it's a variant of Manectric/Waters since there is a Fighting variant. Why isn't there a skeleton here? I mean is it not that competitive?

Black Ballista Black Kyurem EX is also great in the Manectric/Water deck along side 3 Kyurem PLF is what I would use.

RedGyarados said:
So it's a variant of Manectric/Waters since there is a Fighting variant. Why isn't there a skeleton here? I mean is it not that competitive?

Manectric/Water isn't popular enough to have a decklist in this thread. It hasn't done that well at Cities, and I feel it's not particularly good either. I mean it has its good match ups, but it just doesn't seem strong enough to warrant a spot in this thread. If you're looking for a list, you can probably find a thread in the Deck Garage that has one.

Back